DirectX under MSVC++ 6.0

Started by
1 comment, last by thomasggiusepe 22 years, 4 months ago
Hi there, I am working around the installation of DirectX under MSVC++ 6.0. I have done as exemplified at: http://www.vcworld.f2s.com/tutorials/directx/dxsetup.php But still stay the error: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "dinput8.lib" Some hints !? Thnx in advance....§:0).Thomas
Advertisement
Are the libraries in the path for the compiler ?
(Tools, Options, Directories )
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
You need to specify the path to those libraries. In MSVC++ go to the Tools menu and select options. A dialog box will pop up and you need to click on the directories tab. There is a drop down box on the directories page you need to select Library files, than you need to specify where those directX libraries are. So double click on the list box and put in the exact path to the folder those library files are in. Once you''ve created that path you should drag it to the top of the list....I think you have to do this for the include files also.

Hope this helps

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement