BB-Code mode ? No more [tt] for monospace ? Also: unwanted ad links in forum posts.

Started by
4 comments, last by Endurion 6 years, 9 months ago

Good news: The editor has improved a bit I guess. But now I miss the BB-code mode, since I usually edit posts in Notepad++. Is it really gone ?

For programming posts, I like to use a monospace font to designate code within normal text. This was originally possible with the tag. Like here. Hodgman also uses/used it a lot.

I tried to use "Formatted" from the font selection, but as you can see, it changes the whole paragraph.

I currently use italic as a workaround.

Also, this post, changed the word "target" with links to some online store. Admins can check the history, not sure if it sill "works". (I then changed "render target" to "rendertarget" :P

This is very annoying. I don't mind ads anywhere (e.g. between thread posts), but automatically changing text of mine gives the impression I put those links in. I did not. What is this ?

Thanks

PS: Also: Old emojis are corrupt.

Advertisement

BBCode is no longer allowed with the upgrade. I'm looking at ways to backfill editing features everyone liked to use (e.g. inline code), but we won't support bbcode any longer (and it's being phased out of most modern systems). Markdown was considered as well, but we won't support it for a little while.

The links you're seeing are affiliate links automatically inserted into the text. We're evaluating ways to make these more clear. Not everyone seems the same ones on all pages, and sometimes you might not see any for a long time.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I too would really like a markup-based editing mode for crafting posts in offsite text editors like Notepad++.

I also find managing quotations to be a lot easier with explicit quote tags. But more importantly I can't craft a post that involves quotes in an external text editor. I expect that writing posts with bad comms (e.g. on the train) is a lot harder/scarier now but I hope that if I click Submit and it fails that it will retain my text in the editor.

Edit: Interestingly my quote tags were honoured by the editor. I did not know that!

I can confirm, the new editor is much better at auto saving at restoring content if something goes wrong than previous versions were, it's been a real life saver getting articles ready for publication.

- Jason Astle-Adams

Yes, pretty please bring in some markup mode, be it BBCode, Markup, or whatever. I can't simply edit/copy/paste or save my journal posts anymore outside without all the formatting gone.

I'm currently (slowly) restoring my 100 step journal entries, I have to re-edit every code piece as the line breaks are gone once I enter edit mode.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement