• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Towers That Don't Like Each Other - A WIP Strategy Game

Introduction

Hello!  I'm a high schooler, and a friend and I are making a game!  It's a strategy game called Towers That Don't Like Each Other.  It's still a work-in-progress, but I figured I'd start posting about it.  The game has been in development for about a year now.  It started off with just me, but then my friend joined in to do some art.  The premise of the game is simple: an evil guy has taken over the land, so you must defeat him.  You battle through many levels in which you must spend your money wisely to send out soldiers to attack the enemy's soldiers.  There are also some upgrades you can buy if you save up your money throughout the game.  You must ration your money well, though, because it carries over throughout the game.  If you make it to the end, there's an epic final battle against the evil Lord Morgoroth.  

The actual mechanics of the game are a little hard to put into words, but you can basically send out soldiers from your tower to fight enemies sent out from the enemy tower.  The goal is to reach the enemy's tower and destroy it.  The pictures below should help explain it a bit better.

Purchasing

The game isn't quite done yet.  It's mostly done, but we want to do some more testing.  We're shooting for an early fall release.  Our plan is to release it on itch.io for the incredibly small price of $1.  If anyone is interested in buying it, perhaps we'll open a pre-order, maybe even with a slight discount.  That has yet to be sorted out, though.

Videos

We will be making some videos soon to show off what the game is like in better detail.  If you're interested, keep an eye on this thread.  I'll be sure to post the videos here as soon as they're made.

More Info

If you want anymore information, please check out my website and keep an eye on this thread. 

gameScreenshot.PNG

secondGameScreenshot.PNG

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By SickTwistGames
      Ok, firstly, Hi.

This is my first post on this forum. I am an Indie Dev making my first game so bear with me when I say dumb stuff, I'm on a huge learning curve.

My first question is about inventory systems for unity. I am trying to make a survival type game with crafting. I have purchased Inventory manager pro by devdog from the unity asset store and it seems like a pretty powerful assett but for an intermediate coder its a little tough to use.  I'm beginning to wonder if it was the right purchase.
      So my question is.... does anyone have any experience of inventory plugins / systems for unity and can anyone reccomend a system to me?
      It needs to have the following: Loot system, crafting system, character sheet, blueprint system,  character stats system. Ideally with as little coding as possible.

Thanks
    • By ethancodes
      I've got a bug with my brick breaker style game. The bricks move down one line at a time ever 1.5 seconds. What appears to be happening is occasionally the ball will be just about to hit the brick when the brick moves down a line, and now the ball is behind it. I'm not sure how to fix this. I have two ideas but I'm not sure of implementation. 1 solution would be to check where they were and where they are going to be before rendering the frame. Then if they crossed paths, then register the brick as hit. Solution 2 would be change how the bricks move. I could maybe slide them down line by line, instead of a jump down. I'm not sure of this will fix the issue or not. Any ideas?
    • By Scouting Ninja
      Once again Unity is frustrating me to the point of insanity.
      What I am looking for is a way to find a ray intersect with the edges of the mesh, using Unity's already made collision system. I want to point out that I know how to do a line intersect, what I want to know is if Unity supports this already.

The image above shows how I sweep a ray,intersecting the mesh. The top green image shows what I want and the red shows what Unity is giving me.
      I want to know if there is some way, to find the edges in Unity without creating a custom line intersection tool.
      Most engines I know don't use rays for this but instead use a plane like this:

I checked the Unity "Plane intersection" but it is just a ray cast. It will still need me to find the vertices on the collision mesh to cast the ray from; if I am doing that then making my own line intersection tool is better.

I looked online and can find anything on this. Also I don't want to cut the mesh, so I don't need a way to know what side is what.
      Does Unity even have collisions that support edge only detection?
    • By JuliaAxt
      Please help me with this code, this error is currently stopping my project 
      using System.Collections;
      using System.Collections.Generic;
      using UnityEngine;
      [RequireComponent(typeof(Rigidbody2D))]
      public class TapController : MonoBehaviour {
          public float tapForence = 10;
          public float tiltSmooth = 5;
          public Vector3 startPos;
          Rigidbody2D Rigidbody;
          Quaternion downRotation;
          Quaternion forwardRotation;
          private void Start() {
              Rigidbody = GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>();
              downRotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 0, -90);
              forwardRotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 0, 35);

}
          private void Update() {
              if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0))
              {
                  transform.rotation = forwardRotation;
                  Rigidbody.AddForce(Vector2.up * tapForce, ForceMode2D.Force);   (The name `tapForce`does not exist in current context)
              }
              transform.rotation = Quaternion.Lerp(transform.rotation, downRotation, tiltSmooth * Time.deltaTime);
          }
      }
          void OnTriggerEnter2D(Collider2D col){
          if (col.gameObject.tag == "scoreZone")
          {
              // register a score event
              // play a sound
          }
          if (col.gameObject.tag == "deadZone")
          {
              Rigidbody.simulated = false;   (`Rigidbody` does not contain a definition for `simulated´) 
              //register a dead event
              //play a sound
          }
           }

}

• By syedali233
      Hi, I want to pass message back and forth on client and server which are on different scenes, how can I do that in Unity?**
      Following is my Scenario:-
      I have 5 scenes- 
       1. BaseScene (2) OfflineScene (3) OnlineScene (4) ClientOnline (5)
          ServerOnline.
      All these scenes have button having text of the names of the scenes.
      On Base Scene, I have add empty game object on which i have placed "customNetworkScript" which extends from "NetworkManager" script and also placed "Network Manager HUD" on it. Following is the code which i have placed in "customNetworkScript":-

public class customNetworkScript : NetworkManager {                              public override void OnClientSceneChanged(NetworkConnection conn)                 {                     SceneManager.LoadScene("ClientOnline", LoadSceneMode.Single);                     ClientScene.Ready(conn);                     ClientScene.AddPlayer(conn, 0);                 }                              public override void OnServerSceneChanged(string sceneName)                 {                     SceneManager.LoadScene("ServerOnline", LoadSceneMode.Single);                 }         } I have placed "OfflineScene" and "OnlineScene" in the fields, named "Offline Scene" and "Online Scene" in "Network Manager" component. Also have placed an empty prefab in "Spawn Info" in "customNetworkScript" and it has component "Network Identity" on it. Now when i run project, on one instance, I click on "LAN Server only" and on another instance, I click on "LAN Client". And I get my respective scenes on both the instances -> "ServerOnline" appear on instance where I click "LAN Server only" and "ClientOnline" appear on other instance.
      What I want is, when i click on "ServerOnline" button, a message string will pass on to "ClientOnline" scene and same happens in backward direction when i click on "ClientOnline" button. 
      I have tried "Rpc" and "Command" but they only work when I click on "LAN Host" instead of "LAN Server Only".
      I have tried very hard but couldn't find anything useful. It will be a great pleasure if someone explain to me in detail along with the code, how can I achieve this.
      ThankYou Very Much for Your Time.
  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!