Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Deadly_kom

DX11 The native side of Hololens

This topic is 367 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Good time of the day, members of the forum!
    I do not think that many have tried themselves in the development under
 Hololens, but nevertheless decided to write. In any case, all work with
 Hololens is reduced to UWP and DirectX 11. So I wrote a small prototype
 for easy initialization of primitives, etc. In the scene, and began testing
 on the piece of iron ... And I was very upset by the performance tests.
       
    A short excursion, for those who are not in the subject: - the construction
of an image under Hololens, naturally a stereo image for this reason I use
 DrawInstanced with pre-prepared shaders. Shaders are very simple, conversion
 to world coordinates and projection of the species, color is set straight in
 the shader. Plus to switch the render in 2D Texture Arrays I use the geometry
 shader, that's basically all.

   For the test, I generated a grid of 10k - 30k and output them about 10
 times ... for 10k grid and 10 calls - 30fps, for the last about 18 - 20fps.
 Sadness, I thought, and I decided that my hands are not growing in size and
 my brain does not want to work anymore ...
   I decided to look for flaws in my shit ... I measured the time for drawing
10 calls - about 800 ticks, it's kind of not that bad. Slightly optimized the
sorting by materials, namely, switching between shaders minimized but in the
 loop there were updates of constant values for the shader namely transform for
each object. Fps grew by 2-3 but the time to render the frame did not measure ...
   Although Unity seems to hold the bar 1.2 - 1.3 mm triangles at 10-15 fps ...
I myself did not check the word for people.

    So, maybe someone can decide what can be crooked and what can be patched up ...

 

P.S.  The buffer of depth is 16 bit, and I use similar indices. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Deadly_kom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement

would love to read this novel prose, but it appears to be sunk into some kind of eyeFrame with annoying scrollbars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paultrott said:

would love to read this novel prose, but it appears to be sunk into some kind of eyeFrame with annoying scrollbars

So it's better?

Here's a video with 60k triangles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He meant not to use the 'Formatted' font (it's for code anyway), e.g. like so

Quote

Good time of the day, members of the forum!
    I do not think that many have tried themselves in the development under
 Hololens, but nevertheless decided to write. In any case, all work with
 Hololens is reduced to UWP and DirectX 11. So I wrote a small prototype
 for easy initialization of primitives, etc. In the scene, and began testing
 on the piece of iron ... And I was very upset by the performance tests.        
    A short excursion, for those who are not in the subject: - the construction
 of an image under Hololens, naturally a stereo image for this reason I use
 DrawInstanced with pre-prepared shaders. Shaders are very simple, conversion
 to world coordinates and projection of the species, color is set straight in
 the shader. Plus to switch the render in 2D Texture Arrays I use the geometry
 shader, that's basically all.
   For the test, I generated a grid of 10k - 30k and output them about 10
 times ... for 10k grid and 10 calls - 30fps, for the last about 18 - 20fps.
 Sadness, I thought, and I decided that my hands are not growing in size and
 my brain does not want to work anymore ...
   I decided to look for flaws in my shit ... I measured the time for drawing
 10 calls - about 800 ticks, it's kind of not that bad. Slightly optimized the
 sorting by materials, namely, switching between shaders minimized but in the
 loop there were updates of constant values for the shader namely transform for
 each object. Fps grew by 2-3 but the time to render the frame did not measure ...
   Although Unity seems to hold the bar 1.2 - 1.3 mm triangles at 10-15 fps ...
 I myself did not check the word for people.

    So, maybe someone can decide what can be crooked and what can be patched up ...

fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, unbird said:

He meant not to use the 'Formatted' font (it's for code anyway), e.g. like so

fixed.

clearly ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!