• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SotarOraiste

server side webGL rendering

This topic is 436 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there o/ ,

As I need a viable solution for rendering assets server side for a browser game, I evaluated options. Using client side canvas fallback was unwise due to performance issues for devices with already limited processing power , when checking server side I noticed chromium headless, gecko headless or phantomjs might help but I have concerns of reliability.

So I found out that bgfx supports webGL 1.0 and webGL 2.0 rendering ( in the name of openGL ES apparently if I'm not mistaken ) so I wondered if having a C / C++ based service for serving prerendered assets ( hoping that I'm not swimming in Dunning-Kruger ocean ) would be a good idea.

So I'd ask if using bgfx is a good idea or would you ( / @hplus0603 ) recommend another library for a service like Imvu Next's akamai hosted renderer for images like ( just googled :) )

imvu_render_by_amoirabelle_by_amoirabell

Edited by SotarOraiste

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!