• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By ThunderTwonk
      Hello everyone, I am working on a game idea and since I am still in the process of learning C# and the features available in unity I was hoping some of you might be able to offer me a little insight on things in general for getting started.
      I guess the basic components of what I'm wanting to create would be a Multi-levels management/city builder/rpg.
      The goal is to provide a framework for players to interact with, build in and affect the world both from a 3rd person action RPG as well as a zoomed out 4x style view (This would be something unlocked through gameplay)

As for my questions go I was wondering if anyone had resources that could help me learn.  I've been on youtube as well as enrolled in an online course for basic unity and C# and will continue those but if anyone has any words of advice, a place that has good information and tutorials etc.

Thanks for your time.
    • By INFRA
      SCAN. DRILL. SURVIVE.   ISOLATED Release in May 1st 2018   https://store.steampowered.com/app/805950/Isolated/   A game by Jérémie Bertrand Music & Sound Design by Pierrick Querolle *** Our solar system has been invaded by strangers. For the purpose of a possible negotiation, a team of astronauts is sent to the moon. Alas, they are shot before even arriving on the scene. Only one astronaut survives the crash and his only goal will be to go home...   GAMEPLAY   Shoot enemy ships to avoid being invaded. Be precise in your movements, because it's better to lose a bit of life at the top than to lose it all at the bottom. Take out your drill to destroy the stones in your path. Validate your identity to cross the different laboratories. Reach the flag before losing your three lives.   And all that... at the same time! Will you be able to go home? If the answer is yes, how long will it take?
    • By BigJiggly
      Hello! So, I've been the leader of BJP for a while now. I'm a bit bored of taking the role I always take, leader. I was hoping someone out there is looking to forge a team maybe and needs a programmer. 
      I have experience mainly in the Unity engine(C# intermediate) and I have a very small amount of knowledge on Shaders, as well as experience on developing games(usually end up stuck in dev hell) and leading experience from my last team which at one point reached 11 people. I personally love the Unity engine and prefer to use it as it's the development environment I'm comfortable with. 
      I have used Unity for over a year and a few months, I'd consider myself an intermediate at the Engine, but to this day Unity still surprises me. 
      I live in the United Kingdom, I find it a bit strange to work with other programmers as the ones I've worked with tend to leave their code heavily unoptimised and I'm a on the go optimise kind of guy, I also like to get things done quickly.

If you're a new team and need a programmer that has high levels of ambition and strives to maintain the motivation throughout the team, then I'm your guy. I don't care if you're just beginning because I'm all for helping people learn!

To finish this off: I like to get things done and I like to get them done right the first time, if I fail I will do it again and again, etc, until I loose all motivation. So if you're a modeller or an artist, please don't leave me to do all the modelling/art as well as the programming and sound. I do have experience in all those areas but my main power is in programming and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

[If this was posted in the wrong forum, sorry, I don't really know the layout of this website yet]
    • By Kristiyan21
      Hello guys,i am writing this topic to get to the opinion of more people.I have just released my first game for android(worked on it for about 5-6 months in my spare time) i used Unity framework and i am planning to make it a big project but i had to release 1.0 version so i am 100% sure i wouldn't quit the project at some time.What i am asking any of you guys is to give me your opinion about the game. What do you like,what you don't , is the ad too irritating?is the GUI okay?any information you might consider usefull for me would be helpful,thanks in advance!
      the game on google play:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KindieGames.PlaneDash
    • By ethancodes
      I've got a custom Brick class. I need at least one other type of Brick subclass, maybe more. These classes should do most of what the Brick class does, but have a bit of modified or added behavior. Normally I would assume inheriting from the Brick class would be the best choice for this, but when I tried to do it I was having some issues because of having to make additional instances of variables referencing manager objects. I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong, or if maybe inheritance isn't the right solution here. Here is the Brick class:
      using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; public class Brick : MonoBehaviour { public AudioClip crack; public Sprite[] hitSprites; public static int breakableCount = 0; public GameObject smoke; private LevelManager levelManager; private int timesHit; private bool isBreakable; private float delay = 1.5f; //Delay till bricks move down 1 row. private float timer = 0; // update ever frame and compare to delay. // Use this for initialization void Start () { isBreakable = (this.tag == "Breakable"); //keep track of breakable bricks if (isBreakable){ breakableCount++; } timesHit = 0; levelManager = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<LevelManager>(); } // Update is called once per frame void Update () { timer += Time.deltaTime; if (timer >= delay) { transform.Translate(0.0f, -1.0f,0.0f); timer = 0; } } void OnCollisionEnter2D (Collision2D collision) { if (collision.gameObject.tag == "EndScreen") { levelManager = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<LevelManager>(); levelManager.LoadLevel("Lose"); } AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint (crack,transform.position); if (isBreakable) { HandleHits (); } } void HandleHits () { timesHit++; int maxHits = hitSprites.Length + 1; if (timesHit >= maxHits) { breakableCount--; levelManager.BrickDestroyed(); PuffSmoke(); Destroy (gameObject); } else { LoadSprites(); } } void LoadSprites () { int spriteIndex = timesHit - 1; if (hitSprites [spriteIndex] != null) { //if statement keeps it from loading nothing if level designer forgets to assign a sprite this.GetComponent<SpriteRenderer> ().sprite = hitSprites [spriteIndex]; } else { Debug.LogError("Brick sprite missing"); } } void PuffSmoke () { var smokePuff = Instantiate(smoke, transform.position, Quaternion.identity); var effect = smokePuff.GetComponent<ParticleSystem>().main; effect.startColor = GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().color; } } What I need is for a different kind of brick to destroy all other adjacent bricks when the ball hits it. I considered just adding this functionality in to the brick class, and have it activate based on tags, but that didn't seem like the best solution. I'm open to any ideas. Thanks!
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Unblock The Car

This is very interesting and exciting puzzle game. The objective of the game is to help emergency services leave parking by the least count of turns. There is three different main car types in the game: fire engine, police car and ambulance. This game has 384 levels, with 128 levels for each emergency car. You can decide yourself how to play the game - reach the maximum amount of starts or simply solve the puzzles with no rush. 

Unblock the Car game based on real animated 3D graphics, has perfect soundtrack and friendly user experience.

Unblock the Car game is evolving your intellect, you can use this game to increase your grade level. It was designed for any age - from little kids to old people.

Download https://falcoware.com/UnblockTheCar.php

Spoiler

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by ilovegames

Advertisement

• Advertisement