Question about selling 3D animation

Started by
4 comments, last by Kylotan 6 years, 9 months ago

Hello,

Since I have no knowledge in how the gaming industry works, I wanted to know:

I'm planning on making a team of 3D animators that would specialize in making realistic death and injury animation.

Is it plausible to sell the animations to a major game development company or a conpany in general?

Thanks.

Advertisement

I think the closest you would get is putting the animations up for sale on the asset stores for Unity3D and Unreal Engine 4.

It might be tricky if it's only death/injury animations -- the developers might prefer a more complete package of animations.

Major game development companies (i.e. AAA studios, making games like Call of Duty and the similar) would most likely not be in your target audience. Instead, I would aim for more mid-tier, indie and/or startups.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Thanks a lot. What if I would add AI behaviour animations as well?

7 minutes ago, Harber said:

Thanks a lot. What if I would add AI behaviour animations as well?

Then the problem becomes which ones to add. This will vary from game to game, based on their design. Some things might be more universal (idle, run, walk, jump), others might be super-specific.

Hello to all my stalkers.

The more different behaviours you add, the more likely that some of those behaviours will not be of use for certain games, which makes it hard to create a good package that is value for money.

Going back to the specific death/injury aspect, even here most games will have their own specific requirements which makes it very likely that they'll prefer to create these in-house.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement