• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By jhocking
      My bestselling and highly recommended Unity book has been fully revised! Unity in Action, Second Edition teaches you to write and deploy games with the Unity game development platform. You'll master the Unity toolset from the ground up, adding the skills you need to go from application coder to game developer.

Foreword by Jesse Schell, author of The Art of Game Design

Don't take my word for it being good, look at the sky-high ratings on GoodReads.

You can order the ebook directly from the publisher's site, or order the book on Amazon to get both the physical book and a coupon to download the ebook!
    • By BigJiggly
      Hello! So, I've been the leader of BJP for a while now. I'm a bit bored of taking the role I always take, leader. I was hoping someone out there is looking to forge a team maybe and needs a programmer. 
      I have experience mainly in the Unity engine(C# intermediate) and I have a very small amount of knowledge on Shaders, as well as experience on developing games(usually end up stuck in dev hell) and leading experience from my last team which at one point reached 11 people. I personally love the Unity engine and prefer to use it as it's the development environment I'm comfortable with. 
      I have used Unity for over a year and a few months, I'd consider myself an intermediate at the Engine, but to this day Unity still surprises me. 
      I live in the United Kingdom, I find it a bit strange to work with other programmers as the ones I've worked with tend to leave their code heavily unoptimised and I'm a on the go optimise kind of guy, I also like to get things done quickly.

If you're a new team and need a programmer that has high levels of ambition and strives to maintain the motivation throughout the team, then I'm your guy. I don't care if you're just beginning because I'm all for helping people learn!

To finish this off: I like to get things done and I like to get them done right the first time, if I fail I will do it again and again, etc, until I loose all motivation. So if you're a modeller or an artist, please don't leave me to do all the modelling/art as well as the programming and sound. I do have experience in all those areas but my main power is in programming and I'd prefer to keep it that way.

[If this was posted in the wrong forum, sorry, I don't really know the layout of this website yet]
    • By Kristiyan21
      Hello guys,i am writing this topic to get to the opinion of more people.I have just released my first game for android(worked on it for about 5-6 months in my spare time) i used Unity framework and i am planning to make it a big project but i had to release 1.0 version so i am 100% sure i wouldn't quit the project at some time.What i am asking any of you guys is to give me your opinion about the game. What do you like,what you don't , is the ad too irritating?is the GUI okay?any information you might consider usefull for me would be helpful,thanks in advance!
      the game on google play:
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KindieGames.PlaneDash
    • By ethancodes
      I've got a custom Brick class. I need at least one other type of Brick subclass, maybe more. These classes should do most of what the Brick class does, but have a bit of modified or added behavior. Normally I would assume inheriting from the Brick class would be the best choice for this, but when I tried to do it I was having some issues because of having to make additional instances of variables referencing manager objects. I'm not sure if I was just doing it wrong, or if maybe inheritance isn't the right solution here. Here is the Brick class:
      using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; public class Brick : MonoBehaviour { public AudioClip crack; public Sprite[] hitSprites; public static int breakableCount = 0; public GameObject smoke; private LevelManager levelManager; private int timesHit; private bool isBreakable; private float delay = 1.5f; //Delay till bricks move down 1 row. private float timer = 0; // update ever frame and compare to delay. // Use this for initialization void Start () { isBreakable = (this.tag == "Breakable"); //keep track of breakable bricks if (isBreakable){ breakableCount++; } timesHit = 0; levelManager = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<LevelManager>(); } // Update is called once per frame void Update () { timer += Time.deltaTime; if (timer >= delay) { transform.Translate(0.0f, -1.0f,0.0f); timer = 0; } } void OnCollisionEnter2D (Collision2D collision) { if (collision.gameObject.tag == "EndScreen") { levelManager = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<LevelManager>(); levelManager.LoadLevel("Lose"); } AudioSource.PlayClipAtPoint (crack,transform.position); if (isBreakable) { HandleHits (); } } void HandleHits () { timesHit++; int maxHits = hitSprites.Length + 1; if (timesHit >= maxHits) { breakableCount--; levelManager.BrickDestroyed(); PuffSmoke(); Destroy (gameObject); } else { LoadSprites(); } } void LoadSprites () { int spriteIndex = timesHit - 1; if (hitSprites [spriteIndex] != null) { //if statement keeps it from loading nothing if level designer forgets to assign a sprite this.GetComponent<SpriteRenderer> ().sprite = hitSprites [spriteIndex]; } else { Debug.LogError("Brick sprite missing"); } } void PuffSmoke () { var smokePuff = Instantiate(smoke, transform.position, Quaternion.identity); var effect = smokePuff.GetComponent<ParticleSystem>().main; effect.startColor = GetComponent<SpriteRenderer>().color; } } What I need is for a different kind of brick to destroy all other adjacent bricks when the ball hits it. I considered just adding this functionality in to the brick class, and have it activate based on tags, but that didn't seem like the best solution. I'm open to any ideas. Thanks!
    • By Epicghost 505
      Hello,
      We are looking for people to be apart of a team, to help create a horror game we are looking for 3d modelers, coders, artist, animators, fx artist, level designers, and audio design, there will be a payment plan once release of game                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              if your interested come join our discord                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         We hope to see you there
      https://discord.gg/6rcc6xr
      -Epicghost505
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Programmer Looking for Serious Project

Hello, I am a programmer with a lot of free time and want to dedicate that time to a serious project. I don't mind what sort of project I work on or how big the scope is but I do ask that the project has been established and is managed well. I really enjoy RPG games and I enjoy developing large systems that scale. I have been programming for around seven years using C# and Unity, I have a good grasp on Object-Oriented Programming and good systems design. I have had experience with coding in other languages such as Java and have experience in other areas of programming such as database programming. My main speciality when it comes to programming is general gameplay scripting and UI, that being said I really want to get into Tools development. when I develop tools for games I prefer to use WPF and/or Winforms. I would ideally like to join a project that is already well established and has a solid team behind it. I can work well both independently and as part of a team. I have experience with working in Agile development team as well.

If you are interested in me joining one of your projects, you can send me a message.

Advertisement

Are you just looking to volunteer for something to get some experience? If so, I would recommend contributing to libre games, like the ones here:

http://libregamewiki.org

You mentioned RPGs. I know of two projects you might be interested in that could use the help: Naev, which is a sandbox space game inspired by Escape Velocity, and Freedroid RPG, which is an RPG that I've heard is similar to Diablo. Naev, especially, is so huge that it probably can never be finished unless a lot of people help out. But there are others that I am unfamiliar with as well.

Edited by JulieMaru-chan

Hi, we're currently developing a fantasy 3D action game and we could really use your skills. The project is royalty paid , please contact me at pauldando21@icloud.com if you're interested in learning more,

regards ,

paul dando