• Advertisement
purplecheese44

HTML5 How to make a “world” type thing in html and javascript

I dont really know exactly how to explain my issue so i will do my best. I'm looking to make an html game with javascript. I want to know how to setup an environment that has a big "world" but what you can see is only a small part of it as you move around. If you have ever played agar.io thats what i mean. Feel free to ask questions.

Advertisement

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you implement that by understanding the concepts and applying them. You'd have your world data in a structure you can access. That guy will hold all the game objects and their position. You keep up with your player position, and get the list of objects whose position is within the viewport rect.  Then "draw" those to the screen.  If the article doesn't really make sense you might want to try to implement a different game. If you feel like you're close to understanding, what part in particular are you having trouble with?

- Eck

10 minutes ago, Eck said:

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you implement that by understanding the concepts and applying them. You'd have your world data in a structure you can access. That guy will hold all the game objects and their position. You keep up with your player position, and get the list of objects whose position is within the viewport rect.  Then "draw" those to the screen.  If the article doesn't really make sense you might want to try to implement a different game. If you feel like you're close to understanding, what part in particular are you having trouble with?

- Eck

I completely understand that, what i meant was specifics like, how exactly to setup multiple canvases that can do that. im brand new to html