• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By isu diss
      I'm following rastertek tutorial 14 (http://rastertek.com/tertut14.html). The problem is, slope based texturing doesn't work in my application. There are plenty of slopes in my terrain. None of them get slope color.
      float4 PSMAIN(DS_OUTPUT Input) : SV_Target { float4 grassColor; float4 slopeColor; float4 rockColor; float slope; float blendAmount; float4 textureColor; grassColor = txTerGrassy.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); slopeColor = txTerMossRocky.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); rockColor = txTerRocky.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); // Calculate the slope of this point. slope = (1.0f - Input.LSNormal.y); if(slope < 0.2) { blendAmount = slope / 0.2f; textureColor = lerp(grassColor, slopeColor, blendAmount); } if((slope < 0.7) && (slope >= 0.2f)) { blendAmount = (slope - 0.2f) * (1.0f / (0.7f - 0.2f)); textureColor = lerp(slopeColor, rockColor, blendAmount); } if(slope >= 0.7) { textureColor = rockColor; } return float4(textureColor.rgb, 1); } Can anyone help me? Thanks.

• By BillyGD

Play Flick Football 3D @ https://gamejolt.com/games/flickfootball3d/326078
      Check out our Facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/FlickFootball3D/
      Flick Football 3D is a turn based football game inspired by the table top classic 'Subbuteo'.
      The game is currently in very early Alpha development. There is still a lot to be done before the first proper release but I have decided to release this playable version to get as much feedback as possible.
      The only game mode currently available in this release is the 'Practice Mode' which gives you control of both teams. Either play against yourself to get used to how the game works or play against friends and family on the same computer!
      Planned Future Features Include:
      -Take control of your own custom team in the single player campaign.
      -Play in online leagues and tournaments against other players in the multiplayer mode.
      -Fully customisable stadiums to make you stand out from the rest of the players.
      -Improve your players stats and skills by playing matches and setting up training sessions.
      Flick Football 3D is available for Windows, Mac and Browser.
      Thank you for viewing my game, all feedback is greatly appreciated. I can be contacted at; BillyGDev@outlook.com
      'Flick Football 3D' is also the development name for the game and I haven't yet decided what the full release will be called, so if you have any ideas please drop me a message!
    • By elect
      ok, so, we are having problems with our current mirror reflection implementation.
      At the moment we are doing it very simple, so for the i-th frame, we calculate the reflection vectors given the viewPoint and some predefined points on the mirror surface (position and normal).
      Then, using the least squared algorithm, we find the point that has the minimum distance from all these reflections vectors. This is going to be our virtual viewPoint (with the right orientation).
      After that, we render offscreen to a texture by setting the OpenGL camera on the virtual viewPoint.
      And finally we use the rendered texture on the mirror surface.
      So far this has always been fine, but now we are having some more strong constraints on accuracy.
      What are our best options given that:
      - we have a dynamic scene, the mirror and parts of the scene can change continuously from frame to frame
      - we have about 3k points (with normals) per mirror, calculated offline using some cad program (such as Catia)
      - all the mirror are always perfectly spherical (with different radius vertically and horizontally) and they are always convex
      - a scene can have up to 10 mirror
      - it should be fast enough also for vr (Htc Vive) on fastest gpus (only desktops)

Looking around, some papers talk about calculating some caustic surface derivation offline, but I don't know if this suits my case
      Also, another paper, used some acceleration structures to detect the intersection between the reflection vectors and the scene, and then adjust the corresponding texture coordinate. This looks the most accurate but also very heavy from a computational point of view.

Other than that, I couldn't find anything updated/exhaustive around, can you help me?
      Thanks in advance
    • By drcrack
      It is a combination of fundamental RPG elements and challenging, session-based MOBA elements. Having features such as creating your unique build, customizing your outfit and preparing synergic team compositions with friends, players can brave dangerous adventures or merciless arena fights against deadly creatures and skilled players alike.

This time with no grinding and no pay to win features.

We're still looking for:
      1) 3D Character Artist
      2) 3D Environment Artist
      3) Animator
      4) Sound Designer
      5) VFX Artist

Discord https://discord.gg/zXpY29V or drcrack#4575
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

The Boy And The Golem

The boy and the Golem were friends for a long time, and have traveled together.
In search of the boy's father, they go to where he grew up, places now devastated by war.

The player can at any time switch the characters and manage to solve a specific task.
The boy is small and weak but is clever and an archer.
Golem is big and strong, but slow, and prefers melees.

The game includes the boom (required for archery) and apples (to restore his health). Golem Health is restored automatically. On the way our characters will encounter enemies and locked doors, and to open the door you must activate rock platforms nearby (decorated with blue stones that are activated by Golem from on the ground, and green that are activated from an arrow launched by the boy). Some doors will open only with simultaneous activation of a few (two or three) different types of stone platforms.

Movement - W, A, S, D
Switch character - Tab
Direction of impact \ shot - mouse (cursor position)
Golem - LMB
Boy - When sandwiched RMB (Aim), press the LMB, for a shot
Jump - Space

Download https://falcoware.com/TheBoyAndTheGolem.php

Edited by ilovegames

• Advertisement