• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
khawk

WebGL Insights Book Now Free

The book WebGL Insights is now available for free as a PDF download. Published in 2015, CRC Press has made the book available for free, and it can be downloaded from the WebGL Insights Github page.

WebGL Insights presents real-world techniques for intermediate and advanced WebGL developers by assembling contributions from experienced WebGL engine and application developers, GPU vendors, browser developers, researchers, and educators. By focusing on current and emerging techniques , WebGL Insights demonstrates the breadth and depth of WebGL. Readers will gain practical skills to solve problems related to performance, engine design, shader pipelines, rendering, mobile devices, testing, and more.

Learn more from the book's website.

View full story

Advertisement

A bunch of weird red flags come up when I try to follow any of the links that lead to the pdf.  Firefox wont let me navigate to any of those pages.

Edited by trjh2k2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By Shadow0fTheSpoon
      Hi,
      i am new to web development and I am needing advice on what I should use to produce a 3D FPS game.
      my target to make a browser based FPS game, similar to shellshockers.io on how that was made.
      and if there is any tutorials that could help.
    • By mikhluz
      This is a simple runner (walker exactly:) ) made with Verge3D engine and runs directly in the browser. All was modelled in Blender, even texturing in 90% made in Blender: I just set up shaders and light and baked it to texture. In my pipeline I've also used 3ds Max, Krita, Webflow, Gimp and Audacity. The game was made without coding in two weeks by only one artist.
      Character and most of the assets based on concepts of Vihn Nguyen . Thanks to Forget the Whale for the soundtrack.
      Link to the game:
      DIRECT LINK
      You can also download all source files with mesh, textures and sounds HERE
      Some art related to the game can be found here on my ARTSTATION PAGE
    • By HTML High Five
      Description:
      In ShockRipple you must clear all the targets by creating ripples. The power of the ripple must be equal to that of the target to eliminate it. Overlapping ripples will be multiplied. ShockRipple will test your math skills and problem solving ability!
      Play Here: https://htmlhigh5.com/game/shockripple
      I'd love to hear any criticisms or feedback you may have! 
      Screenshots:

• By Adrian Bigaj
      Hello!

The game: https://www.combo-clicks.com/
      DEV blog (so everyone can read the journey and some history):
      http://www.combo-clicks-dev.com/
      TL;DR
      Feedback for Combo Clicks and also IDEAS for future games will be super appreciated (Hyper Casuals done in 3-4 weeks, each game with React Native).
      I will try to post on my blog atleast on weekly basis (both for gamers and developers) 
      Thank you!

• By Gerard M.A Dummett
      Hello, this is beta v0.3.4 of our first game and we are looking for people who are goal oriented, hard working, communicates well and completes tasks in a timely manner. If this sounds like you, view our game, see if it interest you and send me a pm. 

https://gthedev.itch.io/world-ender-beta-v024

We are looking to expand out team, to include another programmer and another artist. We have a lot of plans for the game and because of how large it is we need more help. This position is not paid, but will look good in a portfolio. The game currently has 5.5k views on itch where we test the game. Upon finished release we will be releasing it on Kongregate with the hopes to one day release it on steam. 

If the game makes money in the future, you will be paid a percentage of that earning based on how much you contributed. As of now, the game is free to play with no intention of in game purchases. 

Artist: Will be required to create pixel art which includes ships, weapons, planets, and unique bosses.

Programmer: Will Assist me in adding events, streamlining content, voicing his/her opinion, creating snippets of code to implement, and debugging. 

The game currently has over 1000 events. With game completion at approximately 10%. We look forward to hearing back from you.
    • By BigBadMick
      Hey everybody,
      I'm currently working on a simple HTML5 game and my javascript collision detection function isn't working. The game features a little man that runs from side to side at the bottom of the screen, while a meteor falls from the sky. The function is supposed to detect a collision between meteor and man.
      In the routine, the top left corner of the man is at (player.x, player.y) and the top left corner of the meteor is at (meteor.x, meteor.y). The man is 25 pixels wide by 35 pixels tall. The meteor is 50 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall.
      Any idea where I've screwed in up this function?
      // ============================================================================= // Check for a collision between the 50 x 50 meteor and the 25 wide x 35 tall // main character // // Main character is drawn at 540 and is 35 tall, so the top of the character // is at y = 540 and the bottom is at y = 575. // // Function returns 1 if there has been a collision between the main // character and the meteor, otherwise it returns 0. // ============================================================================= function check_for_meteor_player_collision () { // edge positions for player and meteor var player_top = player.y; var player_bottom = player.y + 34; var player_left = player.x; var player_right = player.x + 24; var meteor_top = meteor.y; var meteor_bottom = meteor.y + 49; var meteor_left = meteor.x; var meteor_right = meteor.x + 49; var vertical_overlap = 0; var horizontal_overlap = 0; // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check for vertical overlap // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check if meteor bottom overlaps player if ((meteor_bottom >= player_top) && (meteor_bottom <= player_bottom)) { vertical_overlap = 1; } // Check if meteor top overlaps player if ((meteor_top >= player_top) && (meteor_top <= player_bottom)) { vertical_overlap = 1; } // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check for horizontal overlap // ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ // Check if meteor left side overlaps player if ((meteor_left >= player_left) && (meteor_left <= player_right)) { horizontal_overlap = 1; } // Check if meteor right side overlaps player if ((meteor_right >= player_left) && (meteor_right <= player_right)) { horizontal_overlap = 1; } // console.log("vertical_overlap = " + vertical_overlap); // console.log("horizontal_overlap = " + horizontal_overlap) // If we've got both a vertical overlap and a horizontal overlap, // we've got a collision if ((vertical_overlap == 1) && (horizontal_overlap == 1)) { return 1; } // if we've fallen through, we haven't detected a collision return 0; } // =============================================================================  
    • By Viir
      I am working on a multiplayer real-time strategy game.
      This game focuses on the core of real-time strategy, forgoing resource gathering, base building, and unit types.
      Play against bots or meet other people online to play a match.
      You can play it in your web browser on https://play.drtsgame.com
      Note that the camera controls are not yet explained in the tutorial. Here is how to control the camera:
      Camera panning: Hold down right mouse button and drag to move the camera
      Camera Zoom: Use the mouse wheel to zoom.

• By Old Mohave Games Studio
      Bitcoin Survival! An 1-bit graphics charming game made in 5 days for the 2018's Crypto Game Jam. It's a Roguelike Clicker Game in which you must mine bitcoins to buy and upgrade itens in order to survive as long as you can! All assets original made by me. Come play. And, please, share and rate. Any suggestions for the game are welcome too. (ALSO REPORT ME ANY BUGS FOUND)
      DEVLOG. V. 0.2
      - The game has been extensively polished. Many bugs have been fixed and many features have been added to the game. The difficulty has been balanced once again. Maybe I still have to update some things in the tutorial, but that's easy and I will be doing this in the next days. Hope you enjoy the game at this actual stage. It's almost like a new game.
      - It's mobile compatible!
      IF YOU LIKED THE GAME, PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SHARE AND RATE IT! That would help me a lot.
      https://www.scirra.com/arcade/strategy-games/bitcoin-survival-28765

• By kin kita
      Hello GameDev!
      This is an introduction to a new web app: Vitalkia.com. homepage - Vitalkia

Making silly games and sharing them with friends and people online is something that is really special to me. When I was 13-14 I used to hang at various game forums a lot. I didn't really make any amazing games, but that didn't matter. What makes us love making games is sharing it with others and learn. Because of this, as a side project while I study, I've been making a new game creator tool. It lets you create cool games completely in your browser. This app will help you creating games!
      I've recently created a simple interactive tutorial that takes you step by step through creating a platform game:
      Platform tutorial
      This tutorial will teach you how to make a simple platform game and introduce you to the app.
      So far it's still very early in development, but it's very possible to create great looking games, here is an example.

More info:
      The app lets you create games anywhere, anytime. Since it's cloud based, it doesn't matter which computer you use. All code and resources gets stored in your own personal web space associated with your account. Your account can be from Google or a new Vitalkia account if you want.
      You don't need to know how to code. The engine allows for direct Javascript coding but also the use of code blocks. The code blocks makes it easy to quickly create something that works.
      After you've created your game you can easily export it. It makes it directly available to everyone with an internet connection!
      There are still many things to do. For example more code blocks needs to be added, and some bug fixes, but I am looking forwards the future of the app and what people will be able to create with it!

• By Nicolas Lorusso
      Hello, i've made a game for Android, however to reach more users i made a Web adaptation which i published first in itch.io. After that, i've seen that the number of users has been incrementing a lot in comparision to Android. Doing some research i saw that the game is getting published in several web networks. I felt really frustrated since none of that networks ever contacted me for a permission for publishing the game and/or sharing revenue. I've been trying to contact people from those networks to make business but the requests are so slow or never answered,
      Is this something normal in web platform? What would you recommend me to do?
      Thanks
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!