• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By AndyCo
      I`m looking for some project to boost up my portfolio, I`m not a pro but I`m not bad at all.
      Feel free to contact me.
    • By lucky6969b
      I want to calculate the position of the camera, but I always get a vector of zeros.

D3DXMATRIX viewMat; pDev->GetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &viewMat); D3DXMatrixInverse(&viewMat, NULL, &viewMat); D3DXVECTOR3 camPos(viewMat._41, viewMat._42, viewMat._43); log->Write( L"Camera Position: %f %f %f\n", camPos.x, camPos.y, camPos.z);

Could anyone please shed some lights on this?
    • By bsudheer
      Leap Leap Leap! is a fast-paced, endless running game where you leap from rooftop to rooftop in a computer simulated world.

This is a free run game and get excited by this fabulous computer simulated world of skyscrapers and surreal colors in parallax effect. On your way, collect cubes and revival points as many as you can to make a long run.

Features of Leap Leap Leap:
      -Option of two themes: Black or White.
      -Simple one touch gameplay.
      -Attractive art.
      -Effective use of parallax.
      To Download the game:
      Playstore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avakaigames.leap
      Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leap-leap-leap/id683764406?mt=8

• By isu diss
      I'm following rastertek tutorial 14 (http://rastertek.com/tertut14.html). The problem is, slope based texturing doesn't work in my application. There are plenty of slopes in my terrain. None of them get slope color.
      float4 PSMAIN(DS_OUTPUT Input) : SV_Target { float4 grassColor; float4 slopeColor; float4 rockColor; float slope; float blendAmount; float4 textureColor; grassColor = txTerGrassy.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); slopeColor = txTerMossRocky.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); rockColor = txTerRocky.Sample(SSTerrain, Input.TextureCoords); // Calculate the slope of this point. slope = (1.0f - Input.LSNormal.y); if(slope < 0.2) { blendAmount = slope / 0.2f; textureColor = lerp(grassColor, slopeColor, blendAmount); } if((slope < 0.7) && (slope >= 0.2f)) { blendAmount = (slope - 0.2f) * (1.0f / (0.7f - 0.2f)); textureColor = lerp(slopeColor, rockColor, blendAmount); } if(slope >= 0.7) { textureColor = rockColor; } return float4(textureColor.rgb, 1); } Can anyone help me? Thanks.

• By elect
      ok, so, we are having problems with our current mirror reflection implementation.
      At the moment we are doing it very simple, so for the i-th frame, we calculate the reflection vectors given the viewPoint and some predefined points on the mirror surface (position and normal).
      Then, using the least squared algorithm, we find the point that has the minimum distance from all these reflections vectors. This is going to be our virtual viewPoint (with the right orientation).
      After that, we render offscreen to a texture by setting the OpenGL camera on the virtual viewPoint.
      And finally we use the rendered texture on the mirror surface.
      So far this has always been fine, but now we are having some more strong constraints on accuracy.
      What are our best options given that:
      - we have a dynamic scene, the mirror and parts of the scene can change continuously from frame to frame
      - we have about 3k points (with normals) per mirror, calculated offline using some cad program (such as Catia)
      - all the mirror are always perfectly spherical (with different radius vertically and horizontally) and they are always convex
      - a scene can have up to 10 mirror
      - it should be fast enough also for vr (Htc Vive) on fastest gpus (only desktops)

Looking around, some papers talk about calculating some caustic surface derivation offline, but I don't know if this suits my case
      Also, another paper, used some acceleration structures to detect the intersection between the reflection vectors and the scene, and then adjust the corresponding texture coordinate. This looks the most accurate but also very heavy from a computational point of view.

Other than that, I couldn't find anything updated/exhaustive around, can you help me?
      Thanks in advance
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

3D IDirect3DSurface9 flickers seriously

I am wondering why if I use double-buffering in my application, that is setting the back buffer count to one. I get serious flickering just for the IDirect3DSurface9 object. The steps I use to render it is first clear the z buffer, stencil buffer and the render target, then I go into Render2D function first, then do I copy surface, which copies a preloaded managed pool surface to the back buffer, the back buffer is retrieved earlier before. Then I go into the main render function which iterates all game objects, and lastly present it out to the screen, and all over again.

I tried to put the Render2D function within the BeginScene call and outside of it, both result in flickering.

Any ideas how to fix it

Double-buffering on it's own is insufficient to prevent flickering; you must also use vsync (set PresentationInterval to D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_ONE in your D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS).