• Advertisement
Writersface13

Level Design Tutorials

Hello all! I have been working my way around UE4 for about a week now. I've set my goal as creating playable levels for games. Problem is, I need some good tutorials. Not ones that you have to pay for if possible. I'm looking for ones that will address all aspects from level design from:

1. Initial Idea

2. Getting the materials.

3. Building said level.

I've made a few houses, but I want to learn more such as:

1. Landscaping

2. Hallways

3. Corridors

And many more. If anyone can direct me to a good place, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for reading!

Advertisement

The best free places are the UE4 documentation/wiki which is filled with tutorials, and the youtube channel as well which contain hundreds of 1 hour+ long teaching videos, there are entire playlist and even though I didn't know them all, probably they have something on the subject :P

stuff like this

and

What you mention though is probably too broad to be covered in a single structured way (and for free), so you have to watch the playlists on the single subjects and piece the knowledge together on your own I guess

Also they have one of this live training every week so you should subscribe (and take it slow) :P

Edited by MarcusAseth

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!