• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Anderfell
      Hello my name is Brandon and I am currently one of the co owners of the team Digital Forged Studios.
      We are currently seeking two new members for our team, before applying you must be aware that we are seeking people that are 100% committed to this project, you must be reachable within the day, replying to questions or responding to our messages and in general be actively online, otherwise I ask nicely that you do not apply.
      The persons we are seeking are an experienced Programmer with knowledge  in c++, c#, and or unreal script, the c++ and familiarity with unreal is the main thing were seeking, other teams we are currently looking for are 3D artists to work on Humanoid models Props and more, were are also seeking other team members such as Generalists that understands the Unreal Engine, Animators for Human, Non Human and Objects were keeping the team small and having whats needed so feel free to apply.
      [Animators] x 2 [ You will be doing Human, Non Human, and Objects like Machines and Doors, Environment assets. ]
      [3D Artist] x 2 [ You will be focusing on Humans, Objects, and Environment modeling would also like skills in texturing. ]
      [Generalist] x 1 [ We would like someone that has good knowledge of Unreal Engine that can set up anything we need in Engine. ]
      [Writer] x 1 [ We would need someone that can work with me on game documents, organisation of documents story arcs, character development, dialogue creation, text editing and other text related jobs. ]
      [PROGRAMMER] "As above"
      The project is Royalties and when any fund raising is made you will also receive some funding based off that, this is divided depending on amount of work done as an example per asset made toward the game, there are no contracts at this stage and everything known is in documents at the moment.
      The game is a Action RPG with online elements this will be an ongoing project, we are running ssh servers, and Prefroce. We have a small staff of experienced people.
      We do have some artwork to show of the world a little and what it's about, If you are interested in joining the project please contact us at:
      Anderfell info:
      Anderfell#5123 on Discord
      nevarra@hotmail.com email
      We are active on Discord and maybe take a day or two to reply to emails on our website as we receive a few a daily we need to sort through thanks. 
      Comic Panel
      Game Document
      Regards Brandon
      Digital Forged Game Development Team.
      Some Progress

• By merlin77uk
      Hello Friends,
      i am trying to create a Game developing company, with absolutely zero experience in that. I know it sounds silly, I have experience in running a small business as i have one, but games are something i always wanted to be involved with. So i have an idea of what game i want to create but i have no knowledge in programming, art, music etc. what needs for a game. I will assume the role of the producer and i just want to create some prototype which i will go around with after and try to find investors/publishers. So my question is where i can find, how much and how do people charge for art,3d modelling, is it per 1 character, per hour, what if i want whole race with cities, weapons etc., what about story writers - how much they charge and how? How much charge people who can use Unreal Engine (as i want to use that for my game - FPS) and so on. Meanwhile i am educating myself with game developing and the legal part (contractor agreements,non disclosure etc.) I will be grateful for any info you can give me.   
    • By AchrafGarai
      Hi Everyone 
      We are a distibuted group of youg developers / artists who share a commun goal . we believe in our ability to make high quality games that challenges the status quo and will prove our skills as professional developers/artists.
      The game we are making is a fast paced action game that will try to add to the existing  formula of action combat. it will be a short 1-2 hour adventure set in arabian inspired universe 
      we focus more on giving the best quality possible no matter how short the game will be.
      As we are geeting colser to start the actual game production we are in need of talented environment artists that are interested in the learning process as well as the collaborative experince of game development
      If you are a 3d artist and willing to take part in this journey of learning that will help you build a strong portfolio as well as help you get actual game develoment experience that I would very much be happy to welcome you to this challenge.
      Email : achrafgarai@hotmail.com
    • By HamStudios
      Hi.I want to develope a game.Now,if i modeled lets say a Colt m1911 can i call it that in-game?Can i put the original markings on the model?Also,the game should feature a very in-depth weapon modding mechanic.Can i just use the real components of the gun like an exact model of the whole gun mechanics?
      p.s. sorry for bad english,i am german.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Epic Introduces New Datasmith Workflow Toolkit for Unreal Engine at SIGGRAPH 2017

Today at the SIGGRAPH Conference, Epic Games revealed advancements in real-time CG production workflows. New developments included a technology preview of Datasmith, a workflow toolkit to simplify moving data into Unreal Engine for architectural and design visualizations. Additionally, Epic demonstrated an Alembic-based pipeline for the creation of high quality animated content in real time. These new tools enable content creators to easily add Unreal Engine to existing production pipelines and reinforce Epic's leadership in real-time workflows, blurring the line between production and post-production.

"We are committed to simplifying the integration of Unreal Engine in content creation workflows across animation production, AR/VR and visualization," said Marc Petit, Enterprise GM, Epic Games. "Unreal Engine is powering SIGGRAPH's most impressive new AR/VR showcases along with the first ever real-time CG shorts at the Computer Animation Festival. Real-time production - with the ability to iterate interactively without render farm delays - is the future of content creation and Unreal Engine is putting that front and center at SIGGRAPH this year."

Datasmith, which will be available as a private beta in August (unrealengine.com/beta), is designed to help artists and designers simplify the process of importing data into Unreal Engine from over 20 CAD/DCC sources, including Autodesk 3ds Max. Datasmith provides a high-fidelity translation of numerous common scene assets like geometry, textures, materials, lights and cameras. This results in significant time savings as content creators don't need to replicate this work again in the engine.

This technology was publicly previewed for the first time at the Unreal Engine User Group at SIGGRAPH on Monday July 31 at the Orpheum Theatre. Using data from Italian architects Lissoni and designers at Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, Epic's Chris Murray showed how Datasmith's 3ds Max plugin and CAD importers enable users to import files that retain visual fidelity to the source - saving hours in data transfer and preparation time - taking the user most of the way to creating a fully interactive, photoreal, real-time visualization experience.

The Alembic workflow enables the integration of quality animated mesh transformations with skeletal deformations in the engine, in real time. Developed for the Fortnite cinematic trailer "A Hard Day's Night", the tools are available in Unreal Engine v4.17, due early August.

View full story