• Advertisement
Sanghoon Lee

C++ video streaming(youtube) in 3D environment?

This topic is 415 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to upload a video to streaming service (like Youtube) and want to play it in my game.

I don't actually need it for "real 3D" like rotate or scale it.

I need it for main screen or lobby. It is 3D accelerated environment but looking 2d. (you know what I mean)

Is there any library does that or if none, how can I make it? (please just give me some guide)

Thank you.

Advertisement

The easiest option is pre-built solutions. You didn't mention your system, but as Eck mentioned there are solutions for Unity and Unreal. 

FFMpeg and libVLC can both work, if you've got a good video stream already.

If you're streaming through the web, it is a heavyweight solution but you could try using WebKit for offscreen rendering, then pushing it to 3D textures as a video.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!