• Advertisement
__Toz__

Looking for 2D artist for Week of Awesome V

This topic is 503 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there!

I'm looking for a 2D artist to join me in the upcoming Week of Awesome V competition here on gamedev.net

Two years ago I had also participated in the Week of Awesome and ended up in 4th place and one of the reasons why I didn't end up higher was because the art in the game was lacking a bit. So I'm hoping to fix this by teaming up with someone else.

Even though the game I submitted for the WoA 3 had 3D models, I plan on using Tiled this year so basically all art will just be 2D sprites.

A possible deal-breaker for you might be that I use my own engine that I want to remain closed source for the time being. So you would probably be working with an executable that at first loads proxy assets that can then be replaced. A nice thing to note though is that my engine can automatically reload any assets if it detects that they have been saved. So any changes made to a tilesheet or texture atlas will immediately show up in the game.

When the competition starts you will of course also have a say in the actual gameplay and theme of the game.

Any price money won will be split 50/50.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!