I have a rather abstract question, because I don't know which side to approach to its solution. So, I would appreciate any information.
I have a task to create a simple game that generates floor plans and I following by this perfect algorithm (https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijcgt/2010/624817/). At the moment I use squarified treemaps (http://www.win.tue.nl/~vanwijk/stm.pdf) and here no problems. I create nested array in which elements are rooms with size. Problems starts when I trying to represent generated "rooms" as edges and vertexes (a, b, c, d steps in attached picture) That representation can give me access to this elements as special "entities" in future game versions.
I don't have skills in graphs (and do I need graphs?) and at the moment totally stucked at this step. How can I represent room walls as trees (or graphs?) at this step? Calculate size of squares (rooms) and convert sides to a vectors? Then in loop find shared vectors (same position by "x" or "y") and determine them as shared walls? The instinct tells me that there exist more elegant and efficient ways.
Anyway, thanks for any information about this.
By Marinka Brussel
Imagine a game where the characters are not defined by body regions, but rather, each body region consists of thousands of components, which would kind of replicate the real world where we consist of molecules, atoms - that would open up many, many new possibilities for creative gameplay. Can this be done on any scale with today's technology, or would the games simply require too powerful of a computer to even be playable? Are there any theoretical limits to this? Thanks
Hello! I am an artist thats been wanting to develop a visual novel game called, "Hyacynth" , with another artist, @Quinncy Sama
and our marketer, @Anthony Cao who is also part of the team.
Hyacynth is a thriller, tragedy based story played in the view of a man reborn as a serial killer.
As a visual novel, there would be various routes and endings within the story. I would also like to implement pixel mini games as well.
My goal with Hyacynth is to make the game both pc and mobile based. This is my first time starting such a large project so I plan to make it free/non-profit
with hopes in making in-game purchases an available choice in the future. I am mainly an Artist and character designer with a general idea of the main story route.
With this in mind, I am looking for various people and talents who are willing to join and contribute to completing this project:
- A writer(s) that can help me further flesh out the story and help keep any branching routes to flow well with each other.
- A programmer(s) to code the game and implement various features including a mini game that would occur within the main visual novel.
Due to the nature and features of the game I am looking for someone that has experience with Unity. I do not have any knowledge with coding so I won't be able to help much there ;w; this part of the project may be a challenge so perhaps a group of coders would make the processes smoother along the road.
- A GUI designer that can design the overall user interface and system graphics for the game.
- Artists for cover art, props, cg, backgrounds and sprites. As artists, Quin and I would be the main contributors to this field however it never hurts to find some helping hands! We are mainly looking for props and background artists at the moment however, we would also like a sprite artist to help us make the sprite making process for efficient. If you are interested in joining the team as an artist, you must provide any examples of your past work for I wish to look for styles that would be coherent with the already existing art styles that we plan to use for the game.
With the hopes of implementing a pixel based mini game, we are also looking for pixel artists interested in joining as well!
Future roles we are also looking for but are not mandatory at the moment:
- Song writer/composer(s) for background music and OST's
- Sound Designers for various effects and actions in the game.
- Voice Actors, this isn't a mandatory feature for the project at the moment, but we do hope to implement voiced dialogues within the game as well.
Our main source in communication for the project will be discord so you must provide your discord ID when applying via comment or PM.
Thank you everyone for your attention and I await your responses!
As of right now Voice actors will not be out biggest priority since there are many characters still in development. If you are interested in joining the Voice acting field of the project feel free to send us a PM providing examples of your past works.
We are currently looking for writers who are willing to collaborate with our main writer for the script may be dialogue heavy.
The following roles listed below are still open:
- GUI Designer
- Sound Designer
- CG artist
- Background artist
- Sprite artist
By Monty Kiani
This idea comes from the concept of making a game that specifically, fills the time of a person in travel when the person might not enjoy the adrenaline factor that accompanies many games. I couldn't come up with anything so I thought about the general vibe I wanted and an action people did in general that emulated that. I found that it mostly happened, amongst other places no doubt, when people go through their messages panel on their devices; a plane traveler/businessperson perfectly calm for a minute eliminating messages, that moment extended. It's a kind of process of elimination. I don't know if this idea is common knowledge but I couldn't find anything and I'd love to see games based on this.