Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By RoKabium Games
      Been a bit quiet recently, but we've been busy bug fixing and tweaking things... Now we have lots more 'Particle effects' in the game, specifically here the Flamethrower and Enemy attacks!
    • By JoshuaFraser
      Hi and thanks for reading, I have an issue with this reactive crosshair script, everything works fine until I start changing the offset. Give the script a go and you will see what I mean, when I do SetOffset(0f); it doesnt always set back to the origional state, if anyone can spot a fix I'd be super appreciative!
      using System.Collections; using System.Collections.Generic; using UnityEngine; public class ReactiveCrosshair : MonoBehaviour { [SerializeField] GameObject c_limb_prefab; private float center_offset = 0f; private float current_offset = 0f; private float max_offset = .5f; private int number_of_limbs = 4; private float limb_length = .05f; private float limb_width = .005f; private List<GameObject> c_limbs = new List<GameObject>(); public void SetupCrosshair(){ for (int i = 0; i < number_of_limbs; i++) { GameObject line_go = (GameObject)Instantiate (c_limb_prefab); line_go.transform.SetParent (this.transform); Vector3 limb_pos = new Vector3 (0f,0f,0f); //line_go.transform.position = limb_pos; line_go.transform.localPosition = limb_pos; LineRenderer line = line_go.GetComponent<LineRenderer>(); line.startWidth = limb_width; line.positionCount = 2; line.SetPosition (0, line_go.transform.localPosition + new Vector3(center_offset, 0f, 0f)); line.SetPosition (1, line_go.transform.localPosition + new Vector3(center_offset + limb_length, 0f, 0f)); line.useWorldSpace = false; c_limbs.Add(line_go.gameObject); } if (c_limbs != null) { OrientLimbs (); SetOffset (0f); } } public void OrientLimbs(){ for (int i = 0; i < c_limbs.Count; i++) { float rotation_step = 360f / (float)c_limbs.Count; c_limbs [i].transform.RotateAround (c_limbs[i].transform.position, c_limbs[i].transform.forward, 90f + (rotation_step * (float)i)); } } public void SetOffset(float _current_spread){ float offset = Mathf.Lerp (0f, max_offset, _current_spread); for (int i = 0; i < number_of_limbs; i++) { if (offset > current_offset) { Vector3 pos = c_limbs [i].transform.position + (c_limbs [i].transform.TransformDirection (Vector3.right) * offset); c_limbs [i].transform.position = pos; } if (offset < current_offset) { Vector3 pos = c_limbs [i].transform.position - (c_limbs [i].transform.TransformDirection (Vector3.right) * offset); c_limbs [i].transform.position = pos; } } Debug.Log ("SetOffset() offset: " + offset.ToString () + " _current_spread: " + _current_spread.ToString() + " localPos: " + c_limbs[1].transform.localPosition); current_offset = offset; } }  
    • By Paul Bto
      State of the search
      I'm not looking / I'm still looking

Description
      It is a third person game where you join more players to fight against bosses in the PvE style of the mmorpg, looking for online companions to help you defeat your enemy, where everyone does their respective work, such as tank, dps or heal, in groups of 5 or 10 players.
      The difference with other mmorpg is that here, since there is no open world, you will not have to go through it doing hundreds of missions and using many hours to get to the content that really interests you, which, in the case of PvE, are the dungeons and raids.

Objectives of the project
      For this project we will first make a demo that will only be the boss of a 5 player dungeon.
      The first phase of this project is to release a video gameplay for crowdfunding (kickstarter maybe), so we will focus more on the visual, which could be falsified if the mechanics do not work. If the crowdfunding gives green light would be the game, which if in turn would work would be updated in the future with more dungeons and bands. The ideal would be to make a playable demo.

Compensation
      If this game generates benefits outside crowdfunding, the profits will be distributed depending on the work and disbursement of each one.

Technology
      Unreal. If you want to learn how to use this software with the project, you can.

Required profiles
      - At the moment 2 Programmers (if has multiplayer knowledge in Unreal better).

- 1 2D Artist to make the interface design and some concepts. You are going to try make interfaces like this:

It would be ideal if you can devote at least 7 hours by week.
      It is a plus if you have experience with high level PvE content in some mmorpg.

Team structure
      Pablo. Environment artist.
      Diego. Character artist.

Web
      Waiting until the equipment is assembled.

Contact
      pablo.barreto.jimenez@gmail.com

Additional Information
      I have the GDD, it depends on the work but, I think the demo could be done in 6 months.
      Here I leave some images of what I did of the project in Unity, where basically I have been testing (The project will be done in Unreal):

Desired feedback
      If you think you can give me some advice about the project, feel free to give your opinion.

• By Hellados
      Hello guys, my name is Giorgi and i'm newbie game developer i'm learning Pixel art and after pixel art  i want learn C# and don't know how and where start i'm bad with programming language and know only HTML/CSS
    • By N Drew
      I am working on a 2D SideScroller game in my own made game engine using SFML and C++.I am searching for 2D artists,especially pixel artist for making and animating characters,backgrounds and other props that can be made in any Drawing Program.The artist will become part of the team of Hammer Studios and he got a part of the Revenue Sharing.If you are interested send me a mail at:ghiurcutaandrei@gmail.com .If you are not an artist but you want to be a part of our Team,Soon we will be recruiting an C++ AI programmers that worked in SFML/OpenGL.
      We work together using Discord.

• By Dave Haylett
      Hi.
      I have pulled in five NuGet packages for my Visual Studio 2017 project, however when I build the project, VS spits out 10 .DLL and .XML files in the root of the binary folder, to do with the packages. Can't I shove them into a \packages folder so the user doesn't see these ugly resources next to the .exe file?
      I've Googled moving the packages but the only responses seem to be around moving the installation folder of the NuGet packages on the local machine, as opposed to where VS builds them to.
    • By Ike aka Dk
      Hello everyone 
      I am a programmer from Baku.
      I need a 3D Modeller for my shooter project in unity.I have 2 years Unity exp.
      Project will paid when we finish the work 
      If you interested write me on email:
      mr.danilo911@gmail.com
    • By HawkDeath
      Hi,
      I'm trying mix two textures using own shader system, but I have a problem (I think) with uniforms.
      Code: https://github.com/HawkDeath/shader/tree/test
      To debug I use RenderDocs, but I did not receive good results. In the first attachment is my result, in the second attachment is what should be.
      PS. I base on this tutorial https://learnopengl.com/Getting-started/Textures.

• By Cello Gaming
      Hello I am looking for a team who are willing to work on a Realistic, Large, Story-based, Open-World, Survival, Horror game. I'm looking for a team that is willing to stay with me through the whole project. 
      For this project I will be needing:
      3D Modeler: Somebody who has a good understanding on how to create 3D models through Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, or any other Modeling programs of their choosing Animator: Someone able to rig and animate humans, non-humans, and machines. Artist: Someone able to make art for loading screens, GUIs, and Cover art. Environment Artist (2-3): Someone able to create a large open world for the players to explore Writer: Someone who has experience writing story-lines and can write dialogue for this project Sound Engineer: Somebody who can create sounds for character movements, environment, and animals     Ideas for The Project: - Shipwrecked on an island after getting caught in a storm out on the ocean - Start on the boat with all your friends and a bunch of NPCs where the ship doesn't crash until you talk to the captain - Able to search wreckage to find food, water, and a basic tool. - Locked areas in the wreckage that you need special tools or codes to open. - Secret chests you can find on the island through maps that you can find in abandoned houses, shacks, and wreckage of pirate ships. - Fishing rods to go fishing for different kinds of fish. - Cooking system to cook food on a grill or campfire which requires propane tanks or wood to continue burning - Underwater and land caves with plenty of resources - Mutant bosses that you can fight above or under water - Underwater life (Sharks, Fish, Large underwater Squid boss)   These are just ideas they may or may not be implemented in the final product. Any feedback on ideas for the game would be appreciated.   We will be setting up a kickstarter for people to support this, if this project gets up going, so watch for that.  
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!