• Advertisement

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any luck or some ideas with marketing their games/apps? I have been doing the usual social media campaigns on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram etc and trying to think of others ways of going about it.  

Thanks.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, IndiEire_Games said:

campaigns on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram etc and trying to think of others ways of going about it.  

Sadly there is no easy answer.

I find that the communities I am a active member gets much better feedback, people care more about what your doing if you showed interest in what they do.

The second thing is the kind of website, for example the people on Gamedev.net are more concerned with making games than playing games. So announcing a game here would maybe get you 1-3 downloads. Where posting on a gaming website could get you 4-10 downloads.

If the marketing doesn't go good for you then you could always consider hiring someone who is good with it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Luhan M.
      I'm nearly finishing my Pong game, and I was wondering if I should encapsulate things such as physics, rendering, sound, in such a small game.
    • By standinonstilts
      Hi, I am new to Game Development and am currently making my first game in Unity using c#. I am a second year uni student studying computer science (internet security specialization). I am new to unity and have had trouble understanding how the game engine actually functions and how I should use the engine to my advantage when programming. Currently I am making a RPG and want to implement an efficient and scalable item database. My plan is to store all items in the game in an xml database using the built in unity xml serializer. I have an abstract class item -> weapon, armour, potion, ring etc. Each of these classes have respective values (damage, cost etc.). For a relatively generic and straightforward item system: How would you organize your code? What interfaces/classes/other would you implement; why? In your experience what kinds of issues have you run into and how did you work around them? Is there any other advice with regards to rpg design in general?
    • By Affgoo
      https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NE.Alien
      still a lot of work to do, but its pretty stable  please let me know what you think <3
      Atlas Sentry is a game of destroy everything. Using your turret, simply swivel and shoot your way to victory, upgrading your weapons to unleash destruction on the variety of spaceships. The bigger your combo’s the more score you get! Earn silver as you play and then purchase new weapons and abilities to better deal with your enemy. Different enemies use different tactics and weapons, work out your own priorities in their destruction order. 

Features: 
      **2 different game modes 
      **A level select mode with 20 difficult levels including a final boss, can you defeat it? **Arcade mode of endless destruction, how long will you last? 
      **High scores to compete against others, see who can take the top spot. 

• By Nazgum
      ManaKeep is the first website builder made specifically for indie game developers.  Designed to take the hard work out of creating an official game site, the service includes game focused templates, forums, media galleries, news, custom pages and most other features a typical indie game needs.
      ManaKeep can act as your store front to sell games as well.  Create products you want to sell (versions of your game), upload your game files, set your price and you can be selling in minutes.  With support for multiple currencies and the option to bundle Steam Keys, ManaKeep can be a great distribution channel for your game (bonus points: ManaKeep charges no transaction fees!)
      A few features not mentioned above:
      Stats Dashboard: track stats important to your game, including sales, downloads and order stats. Easy Parallax: popular on AAA game sites, add parallax to your backgrounds with a simple toggle. Scroll Animations: animate elements (such as text and photos) as they are scrolled in to view. Social Integrations: automatically post your news articles to twitter HTML, CSS & JS: can all be used if you love to tinker and do it all yourself Custom Domain Names: supports using your own domain name Free SSL Certs: all sites get a free ssl cert and are served over https For indie developers considering WordPress or SquareSpace, ManaKeep is worth a look and may be exactly what you need.  Learn more at manakeep.com

View full story
    • By khawk
      Oculus CTO John Carmack has posted the latest Public VR Critique: Daedalus, running on the Gear VR. Daedalus is a platformer and exploration game set in a surrealist world. 
      Carmack appears to really enjoy this game, mentioning that at "OC4, one of the VR apps presented for my review session was Daedalus...I played through the first couple training segments on stage, giving some of my common feedback, but what was noteworthy was that I didn't want to quit - I had to make myself stop to get on to the rest of the slate lined up."
      In the critique, Carmack covers Daedalus' gameplay, artistic feel, and the pros/cons of the art style in mobile VR. He also reviews performance on Gear VR:
      Check out the full critique here.

View full story
  • Advertisement