• Advertisement
Hoodbat

26 public domain sound fx. Specifically handcrafted for games

Decided to start making my designs public domain (CC0). I made them with mobile games in mind but feel free to use them wherever you can imagine. Plenty more in the pipeline as well. Mp3 and Wav of each sample included in the download.

Preview

Download

If you feel like supporting me then consider making a monthly pledge on Patreon or a one off donation and thanks for checking out my stuff.

Advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By CpawsMusic
      **The game must be in the final stages of development and be close to release. Willing to do SFX or Music for free since Horror games heavily interest me.**
      Hey there! My name is Cpaws and I compose music, sound effects and overall sound design for video games and film. I've worked on numerous games and I'm looking to specifically pick up a Horror game.
      If you're interested in working together, don't hesitate to contact me at cpawsmusic@gmail.com
      Here's a few demo reels of my past projects: 
      Game Music I've Composed: https://soundcloud.com/cpawsmusic/sets/cpaws-video-game-film-music
      Website/Portfolio: https://CpawsMusic.com/
      E-mail: cpawsmusic@gmail.com
    • By EddieK
      Hello, I'm new to OpenAL and audio programming in general so I might not explain everything clearly, but bear with me.
      Essentially I'm making a tower defense game where I have dozens of turrets shooting at approximately the same time and each shot makes a sound. So there are few problems/questions which I have:
      1) While one turret is shooting the volume of the shot is low, but when dozens of them are shooting the sounds seem to add up and make everything too loud. Is there a way I can fix this?
      2) When there are many turrets shooting, the music becomes quiet. And when they stop shooting I can hear the music gradually up in volume. Does OpenAL use some sort of compression? If so, how can I tweak it?
      I tried making it so that there would be a max number of shot sounds at any given time, but sometimes you can see a turret shooting and it doesn't make any noise, which looks weird. 

• By Carradine
      Hello!  I am looking for someone to create some simple female sounds effects for my "cave woman" model in my game Vantage: Primitive Survival Game".

I only need 8-10 simple, very quick "grunts" and other primitive noises.
      I already have the male versions as a guideline, so I only need someone to create these with a female voice (with their own artistic flair of course  )
      If you want more information, just check out my Steam page here:
      Vantage: Primitive Survival Game
    • By TheRealm
      Hi, I've just finished a 4-year course studying Music Technology.
      I'm looking for work in Composition, SFX, Audio Programming, 3D Animation, 2D Game Design and more, on request.
      Some of my projects include:
      A 3D animation made from scratch + music:

A 2D rhythm-based platformer game, made from scratch + music (Skip to 1:50 for gameplay):

A small collection of my music:
      Message me at therealmmail@gmail.com for inquiries.
    • By danys
      Bluezone Corporation is proud to present 'Alien Planet Ambiences and Sound Effects', a brand-new immersive SFX sound library for immediate download. This inspiring downloadable sample pack offers a wide range of meticulously recorded nature ambience sound effects : immersive rainforest sounds, flowing water and mountain stream sounds, blowing winds and also includes textured night creatures, mysterious alien insects, dark and disturbing animal / organic sounds. 'Alien Planet Ambiences and Sound Effects' has been designed to enhance science fiction, mystery, suspense and fantasy video game and scoring projects. WAV files are provided as 24 Bit / 96 kHz. Like all Bluezone sound libraries, you can inject these inspirational elements into your commercial projects without having to worry about any additional licensing fees.

Editor : Bluezone Reference : BC0247 Delivery : Download link Download size : 984 MB Extracted size : 1010 MB Format : WAV Resolution : 24 Bit / 96 kHz Channel : Stereo License : Royalty free Total files : 113 Total samples : 98 WAV   More information and download : Alien Planet Ambiences and Sound Effects
      View full story
    • By danys
      Bluezone Corporation is proud to present 'Alien Planet Ambiences and Sound Effects', a brand-new immersive SFX sound library for immediate download. This inspiring downloadable sample pack offers a wide range of meticulously recorded nature ambience sound effects : immersive rainforest sounds, flowing water and mountain stream sounds, blowing winds and also includes textured night creatures, mysterious alien insects, dark and disturbing animal / organic sounds. 'Alien Planet Ambiences and Sound Effects' has been designed to enhance science fiction, mystery, suspense and fantasy video game and scoring projects. WAV files are provided as 24 Bit / 96 kHz. Like all Bluezone sound libraries, you can inject these inspirational elements into your commercial projects without having to worry about any additional licensing fees.

Editor : Bluezone Reference : BC0247 Delivery : Download link Download size : 984 MB Extracted size : 1010 MB Format : WAV Resolution : 24 Bit / 96 kHz Channel : Stereo License : Royalty free Total files : 113 Total samples : 98 WAV   More information and download : Alien Planet Ambiences and Sound Effects
    • By CraneM
      Hello

In our game we want to use sounds based on  https://gamesounds.xyz/. I mean that sounds in game would be mix of  those from GameSounds and our own recordings. For example sound of explosion would be mix of burning effect from GameSounds and 'boom' made by our sound designer. I know that all sounds on this sites are free for use commercially, but what about licences? It would be enough that in credits would be mention that some part of sfx were made with those from GameSounds.xyz ? Is there another for of reference needed?

Regards
      Crane
    • By bvincent
      Hello everyone,
      I am doing a survey to understand better what are the pain points in terms of music composition in video games, what are the game studios / developers expectations in the future and how the industry could be improve: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1NycMla5fhQd1fMbLy3c28alxCbhIYvkD6Fv9lqhxEJ0
      It is not a promotion of any kind, I am just interested in getting feedbacks from game developers, studios and gamers (and composers as well). 
      The answers are completely confidential and no personal information will be published, or used for any other purpose.
      Thanks for your time and help  
      Vincent 
    • By Eetutah
      Hello guys and gals! My name is Eetu.
      I'm a sound design student from Finland, looking for a project to work on. As I'm very much of a beginner I wouldn't take any money from it as experience is what I'm looking for.
      My background is in music (electronic mostly) but as I was more introduced to sound design in my school, it feels more like the field I'd like to work on.
      I have some experience on Audio recording but mostly editing and mixing. I'm also working on a project on Wwise at the moment so I have the basics of it covered.
      So if you have any project you need sound design on, contact me here or with e-mail: eetu.tahtinen@hotmail.com
      Here's some earlier stuff I've worked on:
       https://vimeo.com/261660005
       https://vimeo.com/261661580
       https://vimeo.com/261664743 (The audio and video went offsync during the upload to vimeo.)
      Thanks in advance!
      Eetu

• By Jacob Ornberg
      Hi!
      I have always liked the concept of writing my own work. From my middleschool pop songs written while getting a grasp of the piano to my planned concept album in the works, the need of creative output has always been there. Parallell to this I have also been a huge fan of video games and particulary video game music. Although I have not always had the time to play I still try to keep myself up to date regarding the industry and what new games are releasing.
      My biggest inspiration when it comes to game music I would say is Koji Kondo and his simple yet timeless melodies. Outside of that my musical references span from soul to modern pop to jazz or even classical music. I produce myseft and am a fan of music production of all kinds. I like experimenting with diferent soundscapes and all kinds of ambience. More than that I am experinced with musical theory and harmony while still valuing a good melody the most.

Genres I would like to compose for: (anything really, always up for a challenge), Adventure games, RPG's, singelplayer in generall

My soundcloud, with the first steps towards an album (quite frequently updated); 

Music I wrote a couple of years ago (some pieces are quite influenced by VG music, also note the lesser production value): http://pocketband.net/song/166783240 , http://pocketband.net/song/162594038
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!