Question about C++ , C# and Java

Started by
10 comments, last by Lucas_Cage 6 years, 8 months ago

I am not certain what you asking.  If I was you I would try to think of each language a tool.  You can drive a nail with a good screw driver but a hammer is more appropriate for the job.  

As far as the question about C++ vs C# in the efficiency department.  The answer is that C++ has the potential to use resources more efficiently than C# and C# has the potential to use resources more efficiently than C++.  This depends largely on the skill of the programmer with the language and the resource in question.  A skilled C++ programmer through methods that most would consider tedious and complex can make more efficient use of the PC hardware to improve performance.  C# as a language in general is considered to be more efficient as far as development time, but if you are not familiar with C# you will spend much of you time shuffling through documentation.  

Consider your skill level with C++ and your level of skill with C#.  Which is greater?  Consider what is more important completing your project quickly and efficiently or making the best use of the PC's hardware resources.  Is your project of a scale that management of hardware resources is a key factor.  Is the project time sensitive is a shorter development cycle is desirable? 

Based on my personal experience C# and .Net make GUI development a breeze.  I have never really run into performance problems, my projects were fairly small and light.  I have done similar projects in C++ and QT and I found this to be en enjoyable experience as well.

I am not sure how complex a project you are attempting, but I don't think you can go wrong with either technology both are proven.

The Quarry Works Creed

We who shape mere stone must always envision cathedrals

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement