WoA V - The Competition Thread

Started by
169 comments, last by zeldax 6 years, 8 months ago

One more blog entry. Little bit closer. Much more tired.

Advertisement

2 more days to go, here's the fifth's blog xD

good luck every one

Here is my new blog entry. I also read all your blog post. You make all great things. Continue, only 2 days left.

Into day 6 for me and so far I've had a lazy morning and afternoon to recoup my energy. Here's where I got to yesterday...

I didn't work on the game as much as I would have liked so progress has been a little on the slow side. What I did manage to do was a few very important things which are really tipping the balance from tech-demo towards something resembling a real playable game...

• I've fixed a variety of niggling bugs and did some performance tuning. I even tested it on my 2009 Macbook Pro and it performs well enough!
  • Implemented level-complete event and advancing to level++
  • Implemented a text-based dialog system so the game can drive the story and explain what to do.
  • Designed a start-screen which also meant thinking up a name!
  • Built a 1st tutorial level.

Definitely my goal for day6 is to get some music and soundFx in there. If I can build some more levels too then I've got a minimum-viable game, after that it's all polish! Can't wait!

I see other games are progressing well and some are entering the final stages of their developments. Keep up the great work!

I'll leave you with my start screen:

image.thumb.png.0f7c6ca3e9a08f410c85585a49c15a91.png

9 hours ago, josehzz said:

I'm entering crunch time!, who's with me? ?

I am ?

There are a few things I want to add to make it "feature complete", And proper testing.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Quick update.

Hopefully I'll get some screenshots and a third update by tonight.

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

2 hours ago, dmatter said:

Into day 6 for me and so far I've had a lazy morning and afternoon to recoup my energy. Here's where I got to yesterday...

It looks as though it's coming along rather well, and I like the title. Good luck with the remaining time! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

On 10/08/2017 at 7:59 PM, Silviu Stancioiu said:

Looks nice! The games with balls and spheres are my favourite!

On 11/08/2017 at 3:53 PM, Endurion said:

That makes quite a difference, I'm intrigued!

44 minutes ago, Thaumaturge said:

It looks as though it's coming along rather well, and I like the title. Good luck with the remaining time! ^_^

Thanks guys! :D

Nearing the finish. Just a few more tweaks, and a few more crashes to fix.

My CVMy money management app: ELFSHMy game about shooting triangles: Lazer of Death

Day 6, my game has music now. 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement