WoA V - The Competition Thread

Started by
169 comments, last by zeldax 6 years, 8 months ago

Day 6!

Advertisement

End of day for me, Here is my blog entry:

My entries have been getting shorter, Huh

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Another day over:

I have been trying to wrap up an actual game today, ready for a last minute rush to flesh out the content tomorrow. Im happy with my progress considering my new day to day life with a family and baby but the game is pretty rough round the edges.

If anyone wants to test my game runs at all, there is a link in the blog. Some good entries being posted.

End of day six. Almost there!

Already end of day six. Here's my blog post about it.

We worked hard all day. We have make 3 complete maps and set up the AI system. The game is over 90%, there missing some detail and the Game Jam version will be complete. http://nova-life.eu/teamnova/

6th day over, here's the blog

A little late today

Day six done--and for me, the jam! My entry should--hopefully--be uploading to the jam's site, and a backup link should be found below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nolug0mimkmzld/WoA_StrangeLights_Submission.zip?dl=0

(At time of writing, the submission site estimates that it has an hour to go in uploading the zip.)

As for my final day's blog, the GameDev.net version:

And the version on my personal site:

http://thaumaturge-art.com/index.php?/archives/98-Week-of-Awesome-V-Day-6-The-Tower-of-Chains.html

I intend to rest now! Good luck in the judging, everyone! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

I spent all day working on the actual game, and I'm significantly closer to finished than I ever imagined I would be. Most of the main (and fortunately simple) mechanics are actually working now. I'm using Unreal since I have a lot of experience with it, so it was really the only viable option given the time pressure. That also meant that I could re-use a bunch of materials and effects I made for past projects, like a procedural dust function that I can just slap on to make it look like my game is a lot more polished than it really is.

The game is definitely more focused on style and atmosphere than on "gameplay" or "fun" per se, so I'm not exactly expecting it to get great scores in the competition, but I'm hoping that someone finds it engaging for what it is.

Having such a small game also means I can afford to use crazy high-detail light/shadow maps that would probably be too large for a "real" game. I started with some non-real time renders as reference, which I find really helps; it's easy to spend so much time staring at a scene that I can't tell if I'm making it look more "real" or not, so I need something to compare with. 

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement