WoA V - The Competition Thread

Started by
169 comments, last by zeldax 6 years, 8 months ago

It looks as though the competition website is down. :/

(And alas, it looks as though it likely went down while still trying to upload my entry, as I came back to the page to see an error message indicating that the upload had failed.)

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Advertisement

@slicer4ever Would it be okay for those with low bandwidth (me for instance) to upload to a cloud storage site (GoogleDrive) and then send the link?

Or was the issue Thaumaturge ran into a once off glitch/bug/hickup?

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Well we're into the final hours now! Keep going everyone!

I was up late last night (and paying for it today :P) trying to get things done. I now have soundFX working and I'm quite pleased with those. The background music might need some more work today, if there's time.

I also designed couple of levels, or more accurately I designed one new level and re-designed an existing level *sigh*.

So today I have to really push on and make some new level maps, which is hard work actually. I have a rough idea about what I want each level to achieve. I also need some kind of ending, I've managed to get this far without a solid end-game.

These are good problems to have for the last day though, I just hope I can churn out levels quick enough!

Well, the competition site seems to be back up--I'm attempting once again to upload my entry to it.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don't give up!

52 minutes ago, ryan20fun said:

@slicer4ever Would it be okay for those with low bandwidth (me for instance) to upload to a cloud storage site (GoogleDrive) and then send the link?

Yeah that should be okay (I asked Slicer the same question last week in the administration thread).

1 hour ago, ryan20fun said:

Yes that's ok.  it seems @Thaumaturge's upload caused the server to throw a bad alloc and crashed the server for some reason.  I'm upping the virtual ram pagesize right now hopefully that will fix the issue for what occurred.  i'm not sure why it happened with his as i tested with a 200+MB without issue.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
1 minute ago, slicer4ever said:

it seems @Thaumaturge's upload caused the server to throw a bad alloc and crashed the server for some reason.

Oh dear! XD;

Clearly the server is taking part in the judging this year, and found my entry wanting. :P

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

45 minutes ago, Thaumaturge said:

Oh dear! XD;

Clearly the server is taking part in the judging this year, and found my entry wanting. :P

Ok, i had to take down the server again to make it work with the new page size.  you should be able to try it now, hopefully no more bad allocs for that.

To all contestants: If the site is down, or the upload fails, it is perfectly acceptable to provide a link in this thread from another site your entry.  I will manually enter in any that couldn't be submitted through the site.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
3 minutes ago, slicer4ever said:

Ok, i had to take down the server again to make it work with the new page size.  you should be able to try it now, hopefully no more bad allocs for that.

Fair enough, and hopefully so! I've set it uploading once again, I believe. Thank you for your efforts in getting this to work! ^_^

3 minutes ago, slicer4ever said:

To all contestants: If the site is down, or the upload fails, it is perfectly acceptable to provide a link in this thread from another site your entry.  I will manually enter in any that couldn't be submitted through the site.

For safety's sake, let me re-post my Dropbox submission link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nolug0mimkmzld/WoA_StrangeLights_Submission.zip?dl=0

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement