WoA V - The Competition Thread

Started by
169 comments, last by zeldax 6 years, 8 months ago

Competition is over, judging thread:

The competition has begun, this years themes are:

Chain Reaction | Assassination | Alien Invasion | Castles

You must choose 2 themes to receive full theme scores.  This year their is no stipulation on gameplay or graphical, You are free to interpret the themes anyway you wish, but remember it should be fairly easy to know which theme you chose.  

To submit a game this year, you need to sign in to this site: https://neonlightgames.com/woa/Submit with your gd.net credentials.  If there is an issue submitting to the site, then you can upload elsewhere and link to this thread and i will manually add it to the site.  Remember you can submit a game even if you did not tell us you were participating! 

Remember to receive participation points you must either post updates in this thread, or drop a link to your blog updates in this thread!!  you can also get points by commenting on other people's updates as well! 

This year, our resident artist and judge riuthamus has graciously created a number of art assets for the themes of this year's contest.  they are free to take for this week, and are free to use afterwards, but will be only available as free to obtain for this week before they will be placed in the unity store, so if you are seeking some assets to use in your games, you can find them here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41065/WoA_modelPack_v1.zip  (note: check back tomorrow as riu says it's not 100% finished.)

some images of the pack:

Spoiler

img01.png

img02.png

img03.png

img04.png

img05.png

img06.png

Lastly i'd like to once again recommend gd.net'scord chat can be found here: ttps://discord.gg/Njc96xM where we have a dedicated channel for WoA.  

Good luck to everyone!  remember to post your updates in this thread!

Administration Thread: 

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement

It begins! I must say, one of the themes fits what I had in mind for this year perfectly. So I'm very happy about that. 

Well anyway, good luck everyone!

These are great topics, now if only I could imagine a feasible game to make with in a week.

Good luck!

I think there's the potential for some really great games based on these themes.

Now to work out a (hopefully) fun idea.

Good luck everybody!

Started working on a neat entry. I'm currently on vacation and have enough time to put in. Until the last two days unfortunately.

so far I've got a decent engine and actual editor, but nothing ground breaking on gameplay yet.

due to limited internet access I can't write too much, but I 'll try.

good luck all!

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Great themes ! Now I will try to find an easy game to do in 1 week. Good luck to all of you and have fun.

Hmm... An interesting quartet of themes. We'll see what comes of this!

Good luck to all my fellow entrants, and have fun! ^_^

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Good luck to everyone! @riuthamus - Those assets are pretty awesome. Thank you for sharing those with the community. :)

- Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Here's my first blog post, guys!

Hey guys, I posted our entry for today, check it out:

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement