• Advertisement
slicer4ever

WoA V - The Competition Thread

Advertisement

It's the end of Day 1 for me!

This year I've decided to run my blog postings in both my personal blog and my old GameDev.net blog, and as such intend to post links to both here--simply visit whichever you prefer. (The text should be pretty much the same, I think.)

GameDev.net link:

Personal site link: http://thaumaturge-art.com/index.php?/archives/93-Week-of-Awesome-V-Day-1-Chains-and-Invaders.html

Well, I want to make something, but it's going to be tough for me to find any free time even at night until Friday, so if I do make something it'll probably need to be pretty simplistic. "Fortunately" I also don't have any good ideas, with the possible exception of a very simple adventure game, so that might be possible to throw together in a couple of days.

Two days gone (I'm currently in Thailand, so a bit before other time zones), and here's a journal entry covering the first two days:

This site update is getting worse. Besides an IMHO horribly butchered message editor the the page loading loves to jump up/down while loading images, etc. What happened to the good old width/height attributes?

Day 2 is done! I have made about as much progress as should be for two hours, not days. That is what I deserve for trying out new techniques on a time limit.