Artworks for feedback (Cows VS Vikings)

Started by
150 comments, last by Rutin 6 years ago

It's a common thing for strategy games to develop and upgrade your units and Cows vs Vikings is not an exception. In this game with every cow defeated you're getting gold. And when you'll earn enough amount of it, you can upgrade any of your units to the next level. Let me show you the catapult upgraded to the second level. What can you say about it? Does it look nice?

cat_2.png

Advertisement
4 hours ago, RedoxEnt said:

It's a common thing for strategy games to develop and upgrade your units and Cows vs Vikings is not an exception. In this game with every cow defeated you're getting gold. And when you'll earn enough amount of it, you can upgrade any of your units to the next level. Let me show you the catapult upgraded to the second level. What can you say about it? Does it look nice?

If there are at least 4 levels, that is fine. They also like to present max level units very cool compared to start level so the changes per level must be enough and balanced.

That might be a right thing first to make model for the first and the last level to stick to the plan, or you can inflate your upgrades and spend more time. (Planned 4, resulted in 10, but gameplay-wise 4 is better)

11 hours ago, RedoxEnt said:

No, we don't) Don't kill, just stun. The word "kill" is actually never mentioned in the game. After being stunned, they, as you said, retire from the battlefield. And - you have perfectly guess what's going on in the game, because they really are giving milk, which is the resource to buy power-ups)

Glad to hear that! ^__^

I am looking forward to your game.

Me too! I've always loved Tower Defence games ever since the days of Starcraft Broodwar, and Warcraft 3 custom maps!

Programmer and 3D Artist

Meet the Cow Knight - heavy "cowfantry", armored, strong and tough. You will fight these They are hardly hardly vulnerable to arrows and cannon volleys, so you have to manage your resources wisely and build more magic towers to fight the cow knights squads, because magicians are more powerful to defeat them. Do you like the model?

cow_heavy_01.png

Please check out some new in-game content from Cows VS Vikings. This is how the levels in our game are arranged. The island is the main level which is divided for several battle points (sublevels). Woods, hills, villages and other locations where battles of cows and vikings will take place. On the picture these points are marked with the flags. What is your opnion - is this level arrangement quite comprehensible and user friendly? What can you say about its color palette? Does it look nice?

More info about the game on our official website: http://cowsvsvikings.com/

Level 1.png

Looks good! :) 

Programmer and 3D Artist

1 hour ago, Rutin said:

Looks good!  

Thanks a lot, Rutin!

Let me show you new piece of stuff from Cows vs Vikings. This is a page from the spell book, where you can see the spells which will be available in our game. First of them, Thor's Hammer, is available from the very beginning and with this spell you can quickly punish any enemy (or group of them) at any point of the screen. Everyone is worthy to use Thor's Hammer now! Other spells should be lately unlocked. Do you like design of the spell book or maybe we should change something? Does it look user-friendly?

Book of Spells.png

It's time to show you some of our in-game screenshots! This is the vicinity of the Viking village which will be soon attacked by cow armies. At the points where you see the plates with the tower signs, you can build your towers. Circles with cow sign, in turn, marks the places from where the cows will attack. Do you like our level design, does it look friendly for you? Didn't we miss something while making it? Maybe we should add something for better authenticity?

More info on our website: http://cowsvsvikings.com/

Battle 1.png

Nice artwork and concept!

🧙

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement