• Advertisement
Cyndanera

Snowy Artwork?

Advertisement

I would imagine everything there is just animated sprites, even if they were 3D objects at one point.  No point in using 3D geometry in the final game if you're never going to be moving around those objects, or changing the lighting, or anything else like that.

I took a look at the data it was sprites in dds(directx draw surface), but I was wondering if it was pre rendered? if not how would I create one like theses?

Edited by Cyndanera
add more

10 minutes ago, Cyndanera said:

I took a look at the data it was sprites, but I was wondering if it was pre rendered? if not how would I create one like theses?

Not sure about everything there, but at least some are 3D models that have been rendered using something like Maya or whatever modelling program was used to make them.

That's basically all that's needed, just model and animate what you want and do a render/capture for each frame you want.   You'll probably then use something like Photoshop to create textures with an alpha channel to mask out the parts outside the object itself.  Then you just use those textures as your sprite animation.  Nothing really special about it.