• Advertisement
ThunderCloud_Studio

[3D animation] A bizarre love triangle in Super Mario series featuring chibi style LOL characters

Hi from Thunder Cloud Studio,

We are Thunder Cloud, a 3D animation studio that specialized in model and animation oursourcing, we produce this as a casual activity, we also are available for indie studio who looking for 3D animation or game cinematic similar or lower quality. If you are interest in us please check out our website: Link.

Or else just hope you guys enjoy the clip. The song is kinda old school, featuring in the Super Mario Western Show, thinking its too good to be forgotten, we decide to revive the feeling with the LOL characters. Please check out our work:

" rel="external nofollow">link

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By Gregory Aaron Martin
      I'm writing a sprawling fantasy series. I've written shorter stories in the world I'm creating. I want to turn one of those short stories into a game. It can be 2D. It's about dragons. There's a story arc below that shows a starting point and an ending point. Details will be given if there's anyone interested. I'm a storyteller but I don't have much knowledge on game development. It would be an adventure game with light rpg elements. 

Synopsis: A young man with a very special gift returns to his mountainous home to find it invaded by a cult. The community he's been a part of his whole life has been cut off by the king to ensure the cult's influence remains limited as it's very influential. This cult believes the dragon they follow and worship rests in the mountains and with the king pulling his soldiers out, the cult can begin its dig underground. The young man learns that the last individual with the same special gift who held a coveted seat on the council was killed by the cult during the cult's takeover of the village community. The young man, like others with the same special ability as him, vied for the seat on the council but he was turned away either for his own safety or because of council secrets. The cult has its own members with this same special ability and they're very intimidating. The community is oppressed for months. Tired of this oppression and feeling abandoned by his king, the young man sets out with a few new comrades to battle this cult, putting on display his own talent with this special gift.They make it their mission to sabotage the cult's dig into the mountains in hopes the cult doesn't awaken their dragon. They also make it their mission to defeat the cult members who posses the special ability. They are successful with this and he is appointed to the coveted seat on the council. 

Thanks
    • By cozzie
      Hi guys,
      I've been struggling to create a function to draw an arrow with 2 lines making up the arrowhead.
      The challenge is that I somehow can't get the rotation right.
      I've pasted the code below and an image of the result.
      Findings so far, when I replace the 3x3 part of the transform matrix to identity, I get the same visual result.
      Also when I switch colums A and C in the matrix, this specific arrow looks good (with is pointing in the positive X direction).
      Any input would be appreciated.
      bool CDebugDraw::AddArrow(const CR_VECTOR3 &pPos1, const CR_VECTOR3 &pPos2, const CR_VECTOR3 &pColor, const bool pDepthEnabled, const bool pPersistent, const uint64_t pLifeTime) { if(!AddLine(pPos1, pPos2, pColor, pDepthEnabled, pPersistent, pLifeTime)) return false; /* p1 ------- X / | \ | / | \ | / | \ | p2 -----|-----p3 | Z | | | | p0 */ CR_VECTOR3 arrowDir = pPos2 - pPos1; arrowDir.Normalize(); // model space CR_VECTOR3 p1 = CR_VECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f); CR_VECTOR3 p2 = CR_VECTOR3(0.2f, 0.0f, -0.2f); CR_VECTOR3 p3 = CR_VECTOR3(-0.2f, 0.0f, -0.2f); // transformation: translate and rotate CR_VECTOR3 transl = pPos2; CR_VECTOR3 colA = arrowDir; CR_VECTOR3 tVec; if(colA.x != 0 && colA.z != 0) tVec = CR_VECTOR3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0); else tVec = CR_VECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f); CR_VECTOR3 colB = CMathHelper::CrossVec3(colA, tVec); CR_VECTOR3 colC = CMathHelper::CrossVec3(colB, colA); CR_MATRIX4X4 transform; transform.m11 = colA.x; transform.m12 = colB.x; transform.m13 = colC.x; transform.m14 = 0.0f; transform.m21 = colA.y; transform.m22 = colB.y; transform.m23 = colC.y; transform.m24 = 0.0f; transform.m31 = colA.z; transform.m32 = colB.z; transform.m33 = colC.z; transform.m34 = 0.0f; transform.m41 = transl.x; transform.m42 = transl.y; transform.m43 = transl.z; transform.m44 = 1.0f; // transform = CMathHelper::ComposeWorldMatrix(transform, CR_VECTOR3(1.0f), CR_VECTOR3(0.0f, 90.0f, 0.0f), pPos2); // transform to worldspace p1 = CMathHelper::TransformVec3Coord(p1, transform); p2 = CMathHelper::TransformVec3Coord(p2, transform); p3 = CMathHelper::TransformVec3Coord(p3, transform); if(!AddLine(p1, p2, CR_VECTOR3(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), pDepthEnabled, pPersistent, pLifeTime)) return false; if(!AddLine(p1, p3, CR_VECTOR3(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f), pDepthEnabled, pPersistent, pLifeTime)) return false; if(!AddCross(p2, 0.02f, CR_VECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f), pDepthEnabled, pPersistent, pLifeTime)) return false; if(!AddCross(p3, 0.02f, CR_VECTOR3(0.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f), pDepthEnabled, pPersistent, pLifeTime)) return false; return true; } Incorrect result:

Aimed/ correct result (independent of arrow direction):

• By plz717
      Hello, everyone! I hope my problem isn't too 'beginnerish'. I'm doing research on motion synthesis now, trying to implement the Deep Mimic paper (DeepMimic) by BINPENG XUE, in this paper, I need to first retarget character A's motion to another character B to make the reference motion clips for character B, since we don't have character B‘s reference motion. The most important thing is that in the paper, the author copied character A's joint's rotation with respective to joint's local coordinate system (not the parent) to character B. In my personal understanding, the joint's rotation with respective to joint's local coordinate system is something like that in the attached photo, where for the Elbow joint, i need to get the Elbow's rotation in the elbow's local coordinate system (i'm very grateful for you to share your ideas if i have misunderstanding about it 🙂)
      I have searched many materials on the internet about how to extract the local joint's information from FBX, the most relative one i found is the pivot rotation( and geometric transformation, object offset transformation). I'm a beginner in computer graphics, and i'm confused about whether the pivot rotation( or geometric transformation, object offset transformation) is exactly the joint's local rotation i'm seeking? I hope someone that have any ideas can help me, I'd be very grateful for any pointers in the right direction. Thanks in advance! 

• By Paul Bto
      State of the search
      I'm not looking / I'm still looking

Description
      It is a third person game where you join more players to fight against bosses in the PvE style of the mmorpg, looking for online companions to help you defeat your enemy, where everyone does their respective work, such as tank, dps or heal, in groups of 5 or 10 players.
      The difference with other mmorpg is that here, since there is no open world, you will not have to go through it doing hundreds of missions and using many hours to get to the content that really interests you, which, in the case of PvE, are the dungeons and raids.

Objectives of the project
      For this project we will first make a demo that will only be the boss of a 5 player dungeon.
      The first phase of this project is to release a video gameplay for crowdfunding (kickstarter maybe), so we will focus more on the visual, which could be falsified if the mechanics do not work. If the crowdfunding gives green light would be the game, which if in turn would work would be updated in the future with more dungeons and bands. The ideal would be to make a playable demo.

Compensation
      If this game generates benefits outside crowdfunding, the profits will be distributed depending on the work and disbursement of each one.

Technology
      Unreal. If you want to learn how to use this software with the project, you can.

Required profiles
      - At the moment 2 Programmers (if has multiplayer knowledge in Unreal better).

- 1 2D Artist to make the interface design and some concepts. You are going to try make interfaces like this:

It would be ideal if you can devote at least 7 hours by week.
      It is a plus if you have experience with high level PvE content in some mmorpg.

Team structure
      Pablo. Environment artist.
      Diego. Character artist.

Web
      Waiting until the equipment is assembled.

Contact
      pablo.barreto.jimenez@gmail.com

Additional Information
      I have the GDD, it depends on the work but, I think the demo could be done in 6 months.
      Here I leave some images of what I did of the project in Unity, where basically I have been testing (The project will be done in Unreal):

Desired feedback
      If you think you can give me some advice about the project, feel free to give your opinion.

• By owenjr
      Hi, I'm a Multimedia Engineering student. I am about to finish my dergree and I'm already thinking about what topic to cover in my final college project.
      I'm interested in the procedural animation with c++ and OpenGL of creatures, something like a spider for example. Can someone tell me what are the issues I should investigate to carry it out? I understand that it has some dependence on artificial intelligence but I do not know to what extent. Can someone help me to find information about it? Thank you very much.

Examples: 
      - Procedural multi-legged walking animation
      - Procedural Locomotion of Multi-Legged Characters in Dynamic Environments
    • By davejones
      A developer I am working with has sent me a project that when packaged is in VR mode, however its not supposed to be. So when I package the project to windows in unreal engine 4, the screen is split in 2 as if its VR. Would anyone know how to get the project out of VR mode so that its just a 3D game? I have disabled VR  plugins and chekced through the project settinsg to untick any VR setting, but still not managed to get it out of VR mode. 
    • By NanaMarfo
      Hello Everyone!
      I am looking for a small team to do a rendering project with me. The roles I need are:
      -Character Modeller
      -Environment Designer
      -Environment Modeller(Found)
      You can use this in your portfolio and you will be credited at the end.
      If you are interested, please email me at marfo343@gmail.com. Thank you!
    • By D34DPOOL
      Edit Your Profile D34DPOOL 0 Threads 0 Updates 0 Messages Network Mod DB GameFront Sign Out Add jobEdit jobDeleteC# Programmer for a Unity FPS at Anywhere   Programmers located Anywhere.
      Posted by D34DPOOL on May 20th, 2018
      Hello, my name is Mason, and I've been working on a Quake style arena shooter about destroying boxes on and off for about a year now. I have a proof of concept with all of the basic features, but as an artist with little programming skill I've reached the end of my abilities as a programmer haha. I need someone to help fix bugs, optomize code, and to implent new features into the game. As a programmer you will have creative freedom to suggest new features and modes to add into the game if you choose to, I'm usually very open to suggestions :).
      What is required:
      Skill using C#
      Experience with Unity
      Experience using UNET (since it is a multiplayer game), or the effort and ability to learn it
      Compensation:
      Since the game currently has no funding, we can split whatever revenue the game makes in the future. However if you would perfer I can create 2D and/or 3D assets for whatever you need in return for your time and work.
      It's a very open and chill enviornment, where you'll have relative creative freedom. I hope you are interested in joining the team, and have a good day!

To apply email me at mangemason@yahoo.com
    • By Andrew Parkes
      I am a talented 2D/3D artist with 3 years animation working experience and a Degree in Illustration and Animation. I have won a world-wide art competition hosted by SFX magazine and am looking to develop a survival game. I have some knowledge of C sharp and have notes for a survival based game with flexible storyline and PVP. Looking for developers to team up with. I can create models, animations and artwork and I have beginner knowledge of C sharp with Unity. The idea is Inventory menu based gameplay and is inspired by games like DAYZ.
      Here is some early sci-fi concept art to give you an idea of the work level. Hope to work with like minded people and create something special. email me andrewparkesanim@gmail.com.
      Developers who share the same passion please contact me, or if you have a similar project and want me to join your team email me. 
      Many thanks, Andrew.

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!