• Advertisement

Looking for hobby programmers to create a realistic 3D engine with aadvanced physics.

Hello, my name is Mark. I'm hobby programmer. 

So recently,I thought that it's good idea to find people to create a full 3D engine. I'm looking for people experienced in scripting 3D shaders and implementing physics into engine(game)(we are going to use the React physics engine). 

And,ye,no money =D I'm just looking for hobbyists that will be proud of their work. If engine(or game) will have financial succes,well,then maybe =D

Advertisement

Sorry for late replies.

On 20.08.2017 at 8:24 AM, 0r0d said:

You should give more information if you want to try to recruit people.

I mostly give more information when people PM me,but this post is REALLY short,even for me =D

So here's few more points:

• Engine will use openGL and SDL for graphics.
  • It will use React3D physics library for physics simulation.
  • Engine(most probably,atleast for the first part) won't have graphical fron-end,it will be a framework .
  • I think final engine should be enough to set up an FPS in a couple of minutes.

A bit about my self:

• I've been programming for 7 years total. I learned very slowly it as "secondary interesting thing" for like 3 years, but then began to script more seriously. 
  • My primary language is C++,which we are going to use for the engine.
  • Yes,I did 3D graphics with physics simulation before.
  • No, my portfolio isn't very impressive. I'm working on that :D
  • No,I wasn't employed officially.

If anybody need to know more PM me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By lonewolff
      Hi guys,
      I am having problems with trying to perform a basic 'shift left' on a char.
      char temp[1]; temp[0] = buffer[0] << 1; // buffer[0] is 0xff After this I have temp[0] writing to a file. Instead of being the expected 0x7F it is written as 0xF8.
      Any guidance on what I am doing wrong would be awesome.
      Thanks in advance
    • By sergio2k18
      Hi all
      this is my first post on this forum.
      First of all i want to say you that i've searched many posts on this forum about this specific argument, without success, so i write another one....
      Im a beginner.
      I want use GPU geometry clipmaps algorithm to visualize virtual inifinte terrains. 
      I already tried to use vertex texture fetch with a single sampler2D with success.

Readed many papers about the argument and all speak about the fact that EVERY level of a geometry clipmap, has its own texture. What means this exactly? i have to 
      upload on graphic card a sampler2DArray?
      With a single sampler2D is conceptually simple. Creating a vbo and ibo on cpu (the vbo contains only the positions on X-Z plane, not the heights)
      and upload on GPU the texture containing the elevations. In vertex shader i sample, for every vertex, the relative height to te uv coordinate.
      But i can't imagine how can i reproduce various 2d footprint for every level of the clipmap. The only way i can imagine is follow:
      Upload the finer texture on GPU (entire heightmap). Create on CPU, and for each level of clipmap, the 2D footprints of entire clipmap.
      So in CPU i create all clipmap levels in terms of X-Z plane. In vertex shader sampling these values is simple using vertex texture fetch.
      So, how can i to sample a sampler2DArray in vertex shader, instead of upload a sampler2D of entire clipmap?

Sorry for my VERY bad english, i hope i have been clear.

• By mangine
      Hello. I am developing a civ 6 clone set in space and I have a few issues. I am using Lua for the logic and UI of the game and c++ directx 12 for the graphics. I need a way to send information between Lua and c++ occasionally and was wondering what is the best and most flexible (and hopefully fast) way to do this. Don't forget that I also need to send things from c++ back to Lua. I know of a lua extension called "LuaBridge" on github but it is a little old and I am worried that it will not work with directx 12. Has anybody done something similar and knows a good method of sending data back and forth? I am aware that Lua is used more and more in the industry and surely plenty of AAA game programmers know the answer to this. I want a good solution that will hopefully still be viable code in a couple of years...
    • By owenjr
      Hi there.
      I'm pretty new to this and I don't know if it has been asked before, but here I go.
      I'm developing a game using SFML and C++.
      I would like to use the "Tiled" tool to load maps into my game but I don't actually find any tutorial or guide on how to exaclty use it (I know that I have to read an XML file and stuff). I just step into diverse projects that make all a mess. 
      Anyone knows where can I find good information to make my map loader by myself?
      Thanks in advantage!!
  • Advertisement