• Advertisement
sjhalayka

OpenGL ES Using Xcode results in file not found error

I'm using Xcode on Mac OS X, and I've added a file called 'peacock.tga' into my project. I can't seem to open that file (using fopen) however. Is there anything special that I need to do in order for the file to be readable?

Edited by sjhalayka

Advertisement

You need to make sure you use the correct path to the file. If you're just creating a regular, console-type application, the .tga is probably not being copied to the output directory of the executable. If you're creating an OS X bundle, you probably want to ensure the .tga is packaged into the bundle and that you use a path to where the file ends up in the Resources subdirectory of the bundle.

If you're porting and building a Mac OSX bundle app, you've have some file handling rework ahead of you. First, I recommend that you add your assets as references rather than directly in the project. This is because XCode will preserve folder structure for referenced folders, while flattening file hierarchies that are directly included in the project. Second, you will need to follow these instructions to get a real file path:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8768217/how-can-i-find-the-path-to-a-file-in-an-application-bundle-nsbundle-using-c

You'll be able to use fopen as normal after that. While we're on the topic, I'll point out that this approach will not work on Android, where you have to go through explicit platform-specific IO APIs to load content embedded in your app.

Thank you for the replies.

I managed to get it working using this code:

NSString *fileRoot = [[[NSBundle mainBundle] resourcePath] stringByAppendingPathComponent:@"peacock.tga"];
	    tga_32bit_image peacock_img;
    peacock_img.load([fileRoot UTF8String]);

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Similar Content

• By Mihumihu
      Hi,
      I'm trying to solve a problem where I can get all colors from image. 
      I see only one: walk through a loop at raster data and collect all bytes, I'm sure there is a better way to get colors from image.  I'm thinking about some sort  of collecting colors in result texture...
      Is it ordinary situation, could you help me, I didn find anithing on the internet...
      Thanks.
    • By KKTHXBYE
      I have a fullscreen sized quad, now i draw it on screen then in fragment shader i choose whenever linenis visible or not and draw it on screen (2d grid rendering)
      However when i zoom out lines dissapear not to mention i cant achieve one thickeness regardless of the zoom
      Left zoomed in right and below zoomed out

And heres the shader
      precision highp float; uniform vec3 translation; uniform float grid_size; uniform vec3 bg_color; uniform vec3 grid_color; uniform float lthick; uniform float sw; uniform float sh; uniform float scale; varying vec3 vc; int modulo(float x, float y) { return int (x - y * float ( int (x/y))); } float modulof(float x, float y) { return x - y * float ( int (x/y) ); } void main() { bool found = false; vec2 fragcoord = vc.xy * 0.5 + 0.5; //find how much units do we have in worldspace for a halfspace vec2 sc = ( vec2(sw, sh) / 2.0 ) / scale; sc = sc * vc.xy + translation.xy; //world position int px = modulo(float (sc.x), grid_size); int py = modulo(float (sc.y), grid_size); if ( (px == 0) || (py == 0) ) found = true; if (found) gl_FragColor = vec4(grid_color, 1.0); else gl_FragColor = vec4(bg_color, 1.0); } I know that when zooming out, a fragment can not represent actual grid line.
    • By KKTHXBYE
      I wonder how one could achieve that, personally i could pass another vertex data first would be actual geometric position, second would be next vertex in array. But its way too overcomplicated, ill have to build two sets of arrays so i just don't.
      Can't actually think of something. Something that would not force me to pass another attribute to shaders, something that wont force me to change my internal model atructure at all,

By the way im drawing lines with usage of GL_LINE_LOOP
      Any thoughts ?
    • By Psychopathetica
      Hello. For the last two weeks, I've been struggling with one thing... 3D object picking. And I'm near getting it right! Works great when facing front! With a first person style camera, I can go up, down, forward, backward, strafe left, straft right, and it works. Problem is, when I rotate the camera, the other end of the ray that is not the mouse end goes off in another place other than the camera, completely throwing it off! So I'm going to go step by step, and see if you guys can spot what went wrong.
      The first step was to normalize the mouse device coordinates, or in my case, touch coordinates:
      public static float[] getNormalizedDeviceCoords(float touchX, float touchY){ float[] result = new float[2]; result[0] = (2f * touchX) / Render.camera.screenWidth - 1f; result[1] = 1f - (2f * touchY) / Render.camera.screenHeight; return result; } which in turn is converted into Homogeneous Clip Coordinates:
      float[] homogeneousClipCoords = new float[]{normalizedDeviceCoords[0], normalizedDeviceCoords[1], -1f, 1f}; The next step was to convert this Homogeneous Clip Coordinates into Eye Coordinates:
      public static float[] getEyeCoords(float[] clipCoords){ float[] invertedProjection = new float[16]; Matrix.invertM(invertedProjection, 0, Render.camera.projMatrix, 0); float[] eyeCoords = new float[4]; Matrix.multiplyMV(eyeCoords, 0, invertedProjection, 0 ,clipCoords, 0); float[] result = new float[]{eyeCoords[0], eyeCoords[1], -1f, 0f}; return result; } Next was to convert the Eye Coordinates into World Coordinates and normalize it:
      public static float[] getWorldCoords(float[] eyeCoords){ float[] invertedViewMatrix = new float[16]; Matrix.invertM(invertedViewMatrix, 0, Render.camera.viewM, 0); float[] rayWorld = new float[4]; Matrix.multiplyMV(rayWorld, 0, invertedViewMatrix, 0 ,eyeCoords, 0); float length = (float)Math.sqrt(rayWorld[0] * rayWorld[0] + rayWorld[1] * rayWorld[1] + rayWorld[2] * rayWorld[2]); if(length != 0){ rayWorld[0] /= length; rayWorld[1] /= length; rayWorld[2] /= length; } return rayWorld; } Putting this all together gives me a method to get the ray direction I need:
      public static float[] calculateMouseRay(){ float touchX = MainActivity.touch.x; float touchY = MainActivity.touch.y; float[] normalizedDeviceCoords = getNormalizedDeviceCoords(touchX, touchY); float[] homogeneousClipCoords = new float[]{normalizedDeviceCoords[0], normalizedDeviceCoords[1], -1f, 1f}; float[] eyeCoords = getEyeCoords(homogeneousClipCoords); float[] worldCoords = getWorldCoords(eyeCoords); return worldCoords; } I then test for the Ray / Sphere intersection using this with double precision:
      public static boolean getRaySphereIntersection(float[] rayOrigin, float[] spherePosition, float[] rayDirection, float radius){ double[] v = new double[4]; double[] dir = new double[4]; // Calculate the a, b, c and d coefficients. // a = (XB-XA)^2 + (YB-YA)^2 + (ZB-ZA)^2 // b = 2 * ((XB-XA)(XA-XC) + (YB-YA)(YA-YC) + (ZB-ZA)(ZA-ZC)) // c = (XA-XC)^2 + (YA-YC)^2 + (ZA-ZC)^2 - r^2 // d = b^2 - 4*a*c v[0] = (double)rayOrigin[0] - (double)spherePosition[0]; v[1] = (double)rayOrigin[1] - (double)spherePosition[1]; v[2] = (double)rayOrigin[2] - (double)spherePosition[2]; dir[0] = (double)rayDirection[0]; dir[1] = (double)rayDirection[1]; dir[2] = (double)rayDirection[2]; double a = (dir[0] * dir[0]) + (dir[1] * dir[1]) + (dir[2] * dir[2]); double b = (dir[0] * v[0] + dir[1] * v[1] + dir[2] * v[2]) * 2.0; double c = (v[0] * v[0] + v[1] * v[1] + v[2] * v[2]) - ((double)radius * (double)radius); // Find the discriminant. //double d = (b * b) - c; double d = (b * b) - (4.0 * a * c); Log.d("d", String.valueOf(d)); if (d == 0f) { //one root } else if (d > 0f) { //two roots double x1 = -b - Math.sqrt(d) / (2.0 * a); double x2 = -b + Math.sqrt(d) / (2.0 * a); Log.d("X1 X2", String.valueOf(x1) + ", " + String.valueOf(x2)); if ((x1 >= 0.0) || (x2 >= 0.0)){ return true; } if ((x1 < 0.0) || (x2 >= 0.0)){ return true; } } return false; } After a week and a half of playing around with this chunk of code, and researching everything I could on google, I found out by sheer accident that the sphere position to use in this method must be the transformed sphere position extracted from the model matrix, not the position itself. Which not one damn tutorial or forum article mentioned! And works great using this. Haven't tested the objects modelView yet though. To visually see the ray, I made a class to draw the 3D line, and noticed that it has no trouble at all with one end being my mouse cursor. The other end, which is the origin, is sort of working. And it only messes up when I rotate left or right as I move around in a FPS style camera. Which brings me to my next point. I have no idea what the ray origin should be for the camera. And I have 4 choices. 3 of them worked but gave me the same results.
      Ray Origin Choices:
      1. Using just the camera.position.x, camera.position.y, and camera.position.z for my ray origin worked flawlessly straight due to the fact that the ray origin remained in the center of the screen, but messed up when I rotated the camera, and moved off screen as I was rotating. Now theoretically, even if you were facing at an angle, you still are fixated at that point, and the ray origin shouldn't be flying off away from the center of the screen at all. A point is a point after all.
      2.Using the cameras model matrix (used for translating and rotating the camera, and later multiplied to the cameras view matrix), specifically -modelMatrix[12], -modelMatrix[13], and -modelMatrix[14] (note I am using negative), basically gave me nearly the same results. Only difference is that camera rotations play a role in the cameras positions. Great facing straight, but the ray origin is no longer centered at different angles.
      3.Using the camera's view matrix didn't work at all, positive or negative, using 12, 13, and 14 in the matrix.
      4.Using the camera's inverted view matrix (positive invertedViewMatrix[12], invertedViewMatrix[13], and invertedViewMatrix[14]) did work, but gave me what probably seemed like the same results as #2.
      So basically, I'm having difficulty getting the other end of the ray, which is the ray origin. Shooting the ray to the mouse pointer was no problem, like I said. With the camera end of the ray being off, it throws off the accuracy a lot at different camera angles other than straight. If anyone has any idea's, please let me know. I'm sure my math is correct. If you need any more information, such as the camera, or how I render the ray, which I don't think is needed, I can show that too. Thanks in advance!

• By DevAndroid
      Hello everyone,
      I'm trying to display a 2D texture to screen but the rendering isn't working correctly.
      First of all I did follow this tutorial to be able to render a Text to screen (I adapted it to render with OpenGL ES 2.0) : https://learnopengl.com/code_viewer.php?code=in-practice/text_rendering
      So here is the shader I'm using :
      const char gVertexShader[] = "#version 320 es\n" "layout (location = 0) in vec4 vertex;\n" "out vec2 TexCoords;\n" "uniform mat4 projection;\n" "void main() {\n" " gl_Position = projection * vec4(vertex.xy, 0.0, 1.0);\n" " TexCoords = vertex.zw;\n" "}\n"; const char gFragmentShader[] = "#version 320 es\n" "precision mediump float;\n" "in vec2 TexCoords;\n" "out vec4 color;\n" "uniform sampler2D text;\n" "uniform vec3 textColor;\n" "void main() {\n" " vec4 sampled = vec4(1.0, 1.0, 1.0, texture(text, TexCoords).r);\n" " color = vec4(textColor, 1.0) * sampled;\n" "}\n"; The render text works very well so I would like to keep those Shaders program to render a texture loaded from PNG.
      For that I'm using libPNG to load the PNG to a texture, here is my code :
      GLuint Cluster::loadPngFromPath(const char *file_name, int *width, int *height) { png_byte header[8]; FILE *fp = fopen(file_name, "rb"); if (fp == 0) { return 0; } fread(header, 1, 8, fp); if (png_sig_cmp(header, 0, 8)) { fclose(fp); return 0; } png_structp png_ptr = png_create_read_struct(PNG_LIBPNG_VER_STRING, NULL, NULL, NULL); if (!png_ptr) { fclose(fp); return 0; } png_infop info_ptr = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr); if (!info_ptr) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, (png_infopp)NULL, (png_infopp)NULL); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_infop end_info = png_create_info_struct(png_ptr); if (!end_info) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, (png_infopp) NULL); fclose(fp); return 0; } if (setjmp(png_jmpbuf(png_ptr))) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_init_io(png_ptr, fp); png_set_sig_bytes(png_ptr, 8); png_read_info(png_ptr, info_ptr); int bit_depth, color_type; png_uint_32 temp_width, temp_height; png_get_IHDR(png_ptr, info_ptr, &temp_width, &temp_height, &bit_depth, &color_type, NULL, NULL, NULL); if (width) { *width = temp_width; } if (height) { *height = temp_height; } png_read_update_info(png_ptr, info_ptr); int rowbytes = png_get_rowbytes(png_ptr, info_ptr); rowbytes += 3 - ((rowbytes-1) % 4); png_byte * image_data; image_data = (png_byte *) malloc(rowbytes * temp_height * sizeof(png_byte)+15); if (image_data == NULL) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); fclose(fp); return 0; } png_bytep * row_pointers = (png_bytep *) malloc(temp_height * sizeof(png_bytep)); if (row_pointers == NULL) { png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); free(image_data); fclose(fp); return 0; } int i; for (i = 0; i < temp_height; i++) { row_pointers[temp_height - 1 - i] = image_data + i * rowbytes; } png_read_image(png_ptr, row_pointers); GLuint texture; glGenTextures(1, &texture); glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture); glPixelStorei(GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1); glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_ZERO, GL_RGB, temp_width, temp_height, GL_ZERO, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, image_data); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_R, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE); png_destroy_read_struct(&png_ptr, &info_ptr, &end_info); free(image_data); free(row_pointers); fclose(fp); return texture; } This code just generates the texture and I store the id on memory
      And then I want to display my texture on any position (X, Y) of my screen so I did the following (That's works, at least the positioning).
      //MY TEXTURE IS 32x32 pixels ! void Cluster::printTexture(GLuint idTexture, GLfloat x, GLfloat y) { glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glBindVertexArray(VAO); GLfloat vertices[6][4] = { { x, y + 32, 0.0, 0.0 }, { x, y, 0.0, 1.0 }, { x + 32, y, 1.0, 1.0 }, { x, y + 32, 0.0, 0.0 }, { x + 32, y, 1.0, 1.0 }, { x + 32, y + 32, 1.0, 0.0 } }; glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, idTexture); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, VBO); glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ZERO, sizeof(vertices), vertices); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ZERO); glUniform1i(this->mTextShaderHandle, GL_ZERO); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLE_STRIP, GL_ZERO, 6); } My .png is a blue square.
      The result is that my texture is not loaded correctly. It is not complete and there are many small black spots. I don't know what's going on ? It could be the vertices or the load ? Or maybe I need to add something on the shader. I don't know, I really need help.
      Thanks !
    • By DelicateTreeFrog
      I have a 9-slice shader working mostly nicely:

Here, both the sprites are separate images, so the shader code works well:
      varying vec4 color; varying vec2 texCoord; uniform sampler2D tex; uniform vec2 u_dimensions; uniform vec2 u_border; float map(float value, float originalMin, float originalMax, float newMin, float newMax) { return (value - originalMin) / (originalMax - originalMin) * (newMax - newMin) + newMin; } // Helper function, because WET code is bad code // Takes in the coordinate on the current axis and the borders float processAxis(float coord, float textureBorder, float windowBorder) { if (coord < windowBorder) return map(coord, 0, windowBorder, 0, textureBorder) ; if (coord < 1 - windowBorder) return map(coord, windowBorder, 1 - windowBorder, textureBorder, 1 - textureBorder); return map(coord, 1 - windowBorder, 1, 1 - textureBorder, 1); } void main(void) { vec2 newUV = vec2( processAxis(texCoord.x, u_border.x, u_dimensions.x), processAxis(texCoord.y, u_border.y, u_dimensions.y) ); // Output the color gl_FragColor = texture2D(tex, newUV); } External from the shader, I upload vec2(slice/box.w, slice/box.h) into the u_dimensions variable, and vec2(slice/clip.w, slice/clip.h) into u_border. In this scenario, box represents the box dimensions, and clip represents dimensions of the 24x24 image to be 9-sliced, and slice is 8 (the size of each slice in pixels).
      This is great and all, but it's very disagreeable if I decide I'm going to organize the various 9-slice images into a single image sprite sheet.

Because OpenGL works between 0.0 and 1.0 instead of true pixel coordinates, and processes the full images rather than just the contents of the clipping rectangles, I'm kind of stumped about how to tell the shader to do what I need it to do. Anyone have pro advice on how to get it to be more sprite-sheet-friendly? Thank you!
    • By Psychopathetica
      Not long ago, I create a nice OBJ loader that loads 3D Studio Max files. Only problem is, is that although it works and works great, I wasn't using Vertex Buffers. Now that I applied Vertex Buffers, it seems to only use the first color of the texture and spread it all across the poiygon. I examined my code over and over again, and the Vertex Buffer code is correct. But when I comment out all of my vertex buffer code, it works as intended. I practically given up on fixing it on my own, so hopefully you guys will be able to figure out what is wrong.
      public static final int BYTES_PER_FLOAT = 4; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D = 4; public static final int COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT = 4; public static final int TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT = 2; public static final int NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT = 3; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_2D = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_2D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE = COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE = TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; public static final int NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE = NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT; int loadFile() { ArrayList<Vertex3D> tempVertexArrayList = new ArrayList<Vertex3D>(); ArrayList<TextureCoord2D> tempTextureCoordArrayList = new ArrayList<TextureCoord2D>(); ArrayList<Vector3D> tempNormalArrayList = new ArrayList<Vector3D>(); ArrayList<Face3D> tempFaceArrayList = new ArrayList<Face3D>(); StringBuilder body = new StringBuilder(); try { InputStream inputStream = context.getResources().openRawResource(resourceID); InputStreamReader inputStreamReader = new InputStreamReader(inputStream); BufferedReader bufferedReader = new BufferedReader(inputStreamReader); String nextLine; String subString; String[] stringArray; String[] stringArray2; int[] indexNumberList = new int[3]; int[] textureCoordNumberList = new int[3]; int[] normalNumberList = new int[3]; int i = 0; int j = 0; int k = 0; try { while ((nextLine = bufferedReader.readLine()) != null) { if (nextLine.startsWith("v ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(1).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { tempVertexArrayList.add(new Vertex3D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]), 1f)); } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading vertex list"); return 0; } String x = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).x); String y = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).y); String z = String.valueOf(tempVertexArrayList.get(i).z); //Log.d(TAG, "vertex " + String.valueOf(i) + ": " + x + ", " + y + ", " + z); i++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("vn ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(2).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { if(reverseNormals){ tempNormalArrayList.add(new Vector3D(-Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), -Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), -Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]))); } else{ tempNormalArrayList.add(new Vector3D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[2]))); } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading normal list"); return 0; } String nx = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).x); String ny = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).y); String nz = String.valueOf(tempNormalArrayList.get(j).z); //Log.d(TAG, "normal " + String.valueOf(j) + ": " + nx + ", " + ny + ", " + nz); j++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("vt ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(2).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); try { tempTextureCoordArrayList.add(new TextureCoord2D(Float.parseFloat(stringArray[0]), Float.parseFloat(stringArray[1]))); } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading texture coordinate list"); return 0; } String tu = String.valueOf(tempTextureCoordArrayList.get(k).tu); String tv = String.valueOf(tempTextureCoordArrayList.get(k).tv); //Log.d(TAG, "texture coord " + String.valueOf(k) + ": " + tu + ", " + tv); k++; } if (nextLine.startsWith("f ")) { subString = nextLine.substring(1).trim(); stringArray = subString.split(" "); for (int index = 0; index <= 2; index++) { stringArray2 = stringArray[index].split("/"); try { indexNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[0]) - 1; if(indexNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: indexNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading indexNumberList[]"); return 0; } try{ textureCoordNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[1]) - 1; if(textureCoordNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: textureCoordNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading textureCoordNumberList[]"); return 0; } try{ normalNumberList[index] = Integer.parseInt(stringArray2[2]) - 1; if(normalNumberList[index] < 0){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: normalNumberList[] is less than zero"); return 0; } } catch(NumberFormatException e){ Log.d(TAG, "Error: Invalid number format in loading normalNumberList[]"); return 0; } } tempFaceArrayList.add(new Face3D(indexNumberList[0], textureCoordNumberList[0], normalNumberList[0], indexNumberList[1], textureCoordNumberList[1], normalNumberList[1], indexNumberList[2], textureCoordNumberList[2], normalNumberList[2])); } body.append(nextLine); body.append('\n'); } //Now that everything has successfully loaded, you can now populate the public variables. if(tempVertexArrayList != null && tempVertexArrayList.size() != 0) vertexArrayList.addAll(tempVertexArrayList); if(tempTextureCoordArrayList != null && tempTextureCoordArrayList.size() != 0) textureCoordArrayList.addAll(tempTextureCoordArrayList); if(tempNormalArrayList != null && tempNormalArrayList.size() != 0) normalArrayList.addAll(tempNormalArrayList); if(tempFaceArrayList != null && tempFaceArrayList.size() != 0) faceArrayList.addAll(tempFaceArrayList); vertexList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; indexList = new short[faceArrayList.size() * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; colorList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; textureCoordList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; normalList = new float[faceArrayList.size() * NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE]; int nextFace = 0; int step = POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < vertexList.length; currentVertex += step){ vertexList[currentVertex + 0] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 1] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 2] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 3] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0)).w; vertexList[currentVertex + 4] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 5] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 6] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 7] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1)).w; vertexList[currentVertex + 8] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).x; vertexList[currentVertex + 9] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).y; vertexList[currentVertex + 10] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).z; vertexList[currentVertex + 11] = vertexArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2)).w; nextFace++; } numberOfVertices = vertexList.length / POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; nextFace = 0; for (int currentIndex = 0; currentIndex < indexList.length; currentIndex += NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE){ indexList[currentIndex + 0] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(0).shortValue(); indexList[currentIndex + 1] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(1).shortValue(); indexList[currentIndex + 2] = faceArrayList.get(nextFace).indexNumberList.get(2).shortValue(); } step = COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < colorList.length; currentVertex += step){ colorList[currentVertex + 0] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 1] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 2] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 3] = alpha; colorList[currentVertex + 4] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 5] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 6] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 7] = alpha; colorList[currentVertex + 8] = red; colorList[currentVertex + 9] = green; colorList[currentVertex + 10] = blue; colorList[currentVertex + 11] = alpha; } nextFace = 0; step = TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < textureCoordList.length; currentVertex += step){ textureCoordList[currentVertex + 0] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(0)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 1] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(0)).tv * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 2] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(1)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 3] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(1)).tv * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 4] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(2)).tu * mult; textureCoordList[currentVertex + 5] = textureCoordArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).textureCoordNumberList.get(2)).tv * mult; nextFace++; } nextFace = 0; step = NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE; for (int currentVertex = 0; currentVertex < normalList.length; currentVertex += step){ normalList[currentVertex + 0] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 1] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 2] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(0)).z; normalList[currentVertex + 3] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 4] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 5] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(1)).z; normalList[currentVertex + 6] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).x; normalList[currentVertex + 7] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).y; normalList[currentVertex + 8] = normalArrayList.get(faceArrayList.get(nextFace).normalNumberList.get(2)).z; nextFace++; } vertexBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(vertexList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); indexBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(indexList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asShortBuffer(); colorBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(colorList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); textureCoordBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(textureCoordList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); normalBuffer = ByteBuffer.allocateDirect(normalList.length * BYTES_PER_FLOAT).order(ByteOrder.nativeOrder()).asFloatBuffer(); vertexBuffer.put(vertexList).position(0); indexBuffer.put(indexList).position(0); colorBuffer.put(colorList).position(0); textureCoordBuffer.put(textureCoordList).position(0); normalBuffer.put(normalList).position(0); createVertexBuffer(); uMVPMatrixHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_MVPMATRIX); uMVMatrixHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_MVMATRIX); uTextureUnitHandle = glGetUniformLocation(program, U_TEXTURE_UNIT); aPositionHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_POSITION); aColorHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_COLOR); aTextureCoordinateHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_TEXTURE_COORDINATES); aNormalHandle = glGetAttribLocation(program, A_NORMAL); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aPositionHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aColorHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aTextureCoordinateHandle); glEnableVertexAttribArray(aNormalHandle); glActiveTexture(GL_TEXTURE0); glUniform1i(uTextureUnitHandle, 0); } catch(IOException e){ } } catch (Resources.NotFoundException nfe){ throw new RuntimeException("Resource not found: " + resourceID, nfe); } return 1; } public void draw(){ glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST); bindData(); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glDrawArrays(GL_TRIANGLES, 0, faceArrayList.size() * NUMBER_OF_SIDES_PER_FACE); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); } public void bindData(){ int offset = 0; glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glVertexAttribPointer(aPositionHandle, POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D, GL_FLOAT, false, POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D, offset); offset += POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; glVertexAttribPointer(aColorHandle, COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); offset += COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT; glVertexAttribPointer(aTextureCoordinateHandle, TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); offset += TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT; glVertexAttribPointer(aNormalHandle, NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// /* vertexBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aPositionHandle, POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D, GL_FLOAT, false, POSITION_COMPONENT_STRIDE_3D, vertexBuffer); colorBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aColorHandle, COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, COLOR_COMPONENT_STRIDE, colorBuffer); textureCoordBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aTextureCoordinateHandle, TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, TEXTURE_COORDINATE_COMPONENT_STRIDE, textureCoordBuffer); normalBuffer.position(0); glVertexAttribPointer(aNormalHandle, NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT, GL_FLOAT, false, NORMAL_COMPONENT_STRIDE, normalBuffer); */ } public void createVertexBuffer(){ glGenBuffers(1, vertexBufferObject, 0); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, vertexBufferObject[0]); glBufferData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER,numberOfVertices * (POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D + COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT + TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT + NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT) * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, null, GL_STATIC_DRAW); int offset = 0; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, offset, numberOfVertices * POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, vertexBuffer); offset += POSITION_COMPONENT_COUNT_3D; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, colorBuffer); offset += COLOR_COMPONENT_COUNT; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, textureCoordBuffer); offset += TEXTURE_COORDINATES_COMPONENT_COUNT; glBufferSubData(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, numberOfVertices * offset * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, numberOfVertices * NORMAL_COMPONENT_COUNT * BYTES_PER_FLOAT, normalBuffer); glBindBuffer(GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, 0); }  
    • By cebugdev
      hi all,
      how to implement this type of effect ? 
      Also what is this effect called? this is considered volumetric lighting?
      what are the options of doing this? 
      a. billboard? but i want this to have the 3D effect that when we rotate the camera we can still have that 3d feel.
      b. a transparent 3d mesh? and we can animate it as well?
      need your expert advise.

additional:
      2. how to implement things like fireball projectile (shot from a monster) (billboard texture or a 3d mesh)?

Note: im using OpenGL ES 2.0 on mobile. 

thanks!
    • By Psychopathetica
      Hey guys. Wow it's been super long since I been here.

Anyways, I'm having trouble with my 2D OrthoM matrix setup for phones / tablets. Basically I wan't my coordinates to start at the top left of the screen. I also want my polygons to remain squared regardless if you have it on portrait or landscape orientation. At the same time, if I translate the polygon to the middle of the screen, I want it to come to the middle regardless if I have it in portrait or landscape mode. So far I'm pretty close with this setup:
      private float aspectRatio; @Override public void onSurfaceChanged(GL10 glUnused, int width, int height) { Log.d("Result", "onSurfacedChanged()"); glViewport(0, 0, width, height); if (MainActivity.orientation == Configuration.ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT) { Log.d("Result", "onSurfacedChanged(PORTRAIT)"); aspectRatio = ((float) height / (float) width); orthoM(projectionMatrix, 0, 0f, 1f, aspectRatio, 0f, -1f, 1f); } else{ Log.d("Result", "onSurfacedChanged(LANDSCAPE)"); aspectRatio = ((float) width / (float) height); orthoM(projectionMatrix, 0, 0f, aspectRatio, 1f, 0f, -1f, 1f); } } When I translate the polygon using TranslateM( ) however, goes to the middle in portrait mode but in landscape, it only moved partially to the right, as though portrait mode was on some of the left of the screen. The only time I can get the translation to match is if in Landscape I move the aspectRatio variable in OrthoM( ) from the right arguement to the bottom arguement, and make right be 1f. Works but now the polygon is stretched after doing this. Do I just simply multiply the aspectRatio to the translation values only when its in Landscape mode to fix this or is there a better way?
      if (MainActivity.orientation == Configuration.ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT) { Matrix.translateM(modelMatrix, 0, 0.5f, 0.5f * aspectRatio, 0f); } else { Matrix.translateM(modelMatrix, 0, 0.5f * aspectRatio, 0.5f, 0f); } Thanks in advance.

• By Hashbrown
      I'm trying to capture a frame with gl.readPixels and send the data to my server. For testing purposes, I tried rendering a texture with the same Uint8Array I used with gl.readPixels, but unfortunately can't get the texture to show an image.   Let me share the steps I'm taking.
      I made sure to allocate memory outside of the game loop:
      const width = Game.Renderer.width; const height = Game.Renderer.height; let pixels = new Uint8Array(4 * width * height); And before i unbind the frame buffer in the drawing function, I pick up the pixels:
      gl.readPixels(0, 0, width, height, gl.RGBA, gl.UNSIGNED_BYTE, pixels); if (stream) { if (stream.ready) stream.socket.send(pixels); } This is also where I send the pixels to the server.
      In my render function I have a function updating the texture I use for displaying video, or in this case: a different image every frame:
      gl.texImage2D(gl.TEXTURE_2D, 0, gl.RGBA, gl.RGBA, gl.UNSIGNED_BYTE, this._video) This works perfectly with a video or an image element, but if I pass in my uint8array no image is rendered. 
      The plan is to have the server send that same array to the other clients so they can use it to update their textures. Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!
      BTW: Not sure why my thread appeared two times, my connection timed out and I guess I pressed it two times. My apologies mods, I hid the duplicate thread.
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!