Need help in creating quest/mission/task.

Started by
22 comments, last by Alberth 6 years, 8 months ago

@VietKhangLH

@Alberth

I don't want to sound arrogant, but my goal is not to study the coding/blueprint sphere and then try to make it. Basically what I want is to find something similar to what I need, analyze it, and then create my own or just change that. Because I don't want to focus too much on learning the whole sphere. I just want to have this system created and then forget about it, focus more on game design, graphics and so on, because I'm better at that.

Thanks for understanding,

Martin

Advertisement

Ah, ok. I wonder why you bother doing blueprint at all then, I mean, if you want to do game design, do game design. That would be in the game design forum (if you're not already posting there) rather than here, which is purely programming oriented.

I don't really know if such an example is available. You could try eg github or some other site for blueprint projects, or perhaps a forum about blueprints has some announcement-like sub-section or so.

Even if you don't aim for learning all about blueprint, it likely doesn't hurt to have some basic knowledge. Suppose you manage to find a piece of software, you would need to understand what you're looking at and where to change things, which implies you should have seen some blueprint code before, and preferably even made some things, since learning by doing still works the best.

If you have the graphics done, howcome you cannot do such a simple thing ?

With the map graphics vertex coordinates you could make a small map.

You need only 1 location at once ?, that is very simple without complicated stuff.

You could make a compass, its only 2D coordinates, very simple with arc tangus.

Ok maybe you mean : i can make graphics in blender / 3Dmax, not the engine coding part ?

You best make a map editor and fill it up with some meshes.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

@the incredible smoker

@Alberth

I'm afraid you don't understand me, I'm sorry if I can't explain it well enough. Basically my game will consist of:

1) graphics(meshes,map,animations etc)

2)very simple quest system, where player needs to find certain items, collect them, and then deliver them, nothing too special or complicated. 

I'm having problems with the 2nd task, because as I said I don't know blueprints/coding sphere well enough to make it by myself. So I'm looking for help in this kind of forums, maybe some tutorials, guides on my topic, maybe something similar to what I want is already existing, I don't know.

Thanks,

Martin

5 hours ago, Martin1999 said:

I googled like "OOP UE4" and couldn't understand what that was, sorry for dumb questions

15 hours ago, Martin1999 said:

I don't want to make something very complicated

Try googling "object oriented programming," then. If you don't understand what you find, then you know that it's more complicated than what you want, and you can ignore the advice to learn it (for now, at least).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

If you dont have anything on screen yet, best thing is to hook up with some persons who can and show them what you got for now.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

5 minutes ago, the incredible smoker said:

If you dont have anything on screen yet, best thing is to hook up with some persons who can and show them what you got for now.

What did you mean by saying persons who can? And how would that help me?

It takes very long to make yourself a whole game.

This site is divided in sections for : programmers, artists, music artists etc.

If you have good stuff programmers are happy to make a game with your things.

To bad i dont do fantasy stuff if you had mech/space stuff i can help you for a 2D game.

S T O P C R I M E !

4 minutes ago, the incredible smoker said:

It takes very long to make yourself a whole game.

This site is divided in sections for : programmers, artists, music artists etc.

If you have good stuff programmers are happy to make a game with your things.

To bad i dont do fantasy stuff if you had mech/space stuff i can help you for a 2D game.

I know that it takes long, therefore I don't want anything huge. To truly understand me, please watch some of gameplay of this game: Ben the exorcist. You'll quickly understand what I want. I think it is not too hard or complicted, I agree it will take a lot of time, but it is possible, I'm not trying to make an openworld mmoprg and so on, just a little game.

P.S. But really, if you have the time, watch a short video from this game, you'll understand what item-collecting quest system I want to make:)

Suppose i give you the system, where do you wanto implement it in ?, you have no project ?

Start with installing a compiler ?

S T O P C R I M E !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement