My name is Rubens,
Just left a big game corporation in Montreal and decided to dedicate my time to our great community and SkyHigh, our own GameDdev startup.
This is my 'Secret Submarine City'. It's still WIP, on the blocking stage. I will be posting the next steps here very soon, so you can give me some crazy ideas on how to move forward. I think the level of detail, focal points, composition and post-lighting will be the greatest challenges moving forward.
Thank you in advance for letting me join in. Now lets go crazy and make some art!!
I have a problem, i want to draw a Text with Direct2D1 in SharpDX and everytime i create a DeviceContext with my 2Ddevice, i get a System.AccessViolationException
Heres my code: (this.Handle = Handle of my Form)
Device d2dDevice = new Device(this.Handle);
DeviceContext d2dContext = new DeviceContext(d2dDevice, DeviceContextOptions.None);
Can someone explain me wehre my mistake is?
Hello everyone - I'd like to just start this post by saying I am totally new here and so I am sorry if this is in the wrong place or something, I will be happy to take it down or move it to another place if advised!
I am a student doing a research and information project on the story-writing side of games, which may lead into my dissertation next year. I have a couple of quick questions I would like to throw out, and I will be using the answers in a portfolio of research (with your permission), as well as possibly being used in leaflets that I will be creating for the project
These questions are mainly intended for those who are on the story-creation side, but you can answer most of them anyway even if you didn't write the story
Any-who, what I really want to ask is the following, and feel free to waffle on or throw in extra info, and likewise don't feel like you have to answer all these questions, even one response to one question will help!
1) What position do you hold in the industry, and how/why did you achieve this position?
2) What tends to come first in the creation process, the game-play or the story? Which is more important?
3) How often do projects you are involved with actually make it to full release?
4) What is your advice for people dipping their toes into game design and story-writing as A) a hobby (i.e. fan games and mods) or B) a career?
5) Is your current job full time, self employed or freelance, and do you ever find yourself working multiple jobs? Do you find this to be a positive or negative side of your line of work?
6) How does your job impact your social life and general well-being?