• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By lxjk
      Hi guys,
      There are many ways to do light culling in tile-based shading. I've been playing with this idea for a while, and just want to throw it out there.
      Because tile frustums are general small compared to light radius, I tried using cone test to reduce false positives introduced by commonly used sphere-frustum test.
      On top of that, I use distance to camera rather than depth for near/far test (aka. sliced by spheres).
      This method can be naturally extended to clustered light culling as well.
      The following image shows the general ideas

Performance-wise I get around 15% improvement over sphere-frustum test. You can also see how a single light performs as the following: from left to right (1) standard rendering of a point light; then tiles passed the test of (2) sphere-frustum test; (3) cone test; (4) spherical-sliced cone test

I put the details in my blog post (https://lxjk.github.io/2018/03/25/Improve-Tile-based-Light-Culling-with-Spherical-sliced-Cone.html), GLSL source code included!

Eric
    • By Fadey Duh
      Good evening everyone!

I was wondering if there is something equivalent of  GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced for AMD?
      Basically I'm trying to find more compatible version of it.

Thank you!
    • By Jens Eckervogt
      Hello guys, 

Please tell me! 
      How do I know? Why does wavefront not show for me?
      I already checked I have non errors yet.
      using OpenTK; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IO; using System.Text; namespace Tutorial_08.net.sourceskyboxer { public class WaveFrontLoader { private static List<Vector3> inPositions; private static List<Vector2> inTexcoords; private static List<Vector3> inNormals; private static List<float> positions; private static List<float> texcoords; private static List<int> indices; public static RawModel LoadObjModel(string filename, Loader loader) { inPositions = new List<Vector3>(); inTexcoords = new List<Vector2>(); inNormals = new List<Vector3>(); positions = new List<float>(); texcoords = new List<float>(); indices = new List<int>(); int nextIdx = 0; using (var reader = new StreamReader(File.Open("Contents/" + filename + ".obj", FileMode.Open), Encoding.UTF8)) { string line = reader.ReadLine(); int i = reader.Read(); while (true) { string[] currentLine = line.Split(); if (currentLine[0] == "v") { Vector3 pos = new Vector3(float.Parse(currentLine[1]), float.Parse(currentLine[2]), float.Parse(currentLine[3])); inPositions.Add(pos); if (currentLine[1] == "t") { Vector2 tex = new Vector2(float.Parse(currentLine[1]), float.Parse(currentLine[2])); inTexcoords.Add(tex); } if (currentLine[1] == "n") { Vector3 nom = new Vector3(float.Parse(currentLine[1]), float.Parse(currentLine[2]), float.Parse(currentLine[3])); inNormals.Add(nom); } } if (currentLine[0] == "f") { Vector3 pos = inPositions[0]; positions.Add(pos.X); positions.Add(pos.Y); positions.Add(pos.Z); Vector2 tc = inTexcoords[0]; texcoords.Add(tc.X); texcoords.Add(tc.Y); indices.Add(nextIdx); ++nextIdx; } reader.Close(); return loader.loadToVAO(positions.ToArray(), texcoords.ToArray(), indices.ToArray()); } } } } } And It have tried other method but it can't show for me.  I am mad now. Because any OpenTK developers won't help me.
      Please help me how do I fix.

And my download (mega.nz) should it is original but I tried no success...
      - Add blend source and png file here I have tried tried,.....  

PS: Why is our community not active? I wait very longer. Stop to lie me!
      Thanks !
    • By Marinka Brussel
      Imagine a game where the characters are not defined by body regions, but rather, each body region consists of thousands of components, which would kind of replicate the real world where we consist of molecules, atoms - that would open up many, many new possibilities for creative gameplay. Can this be done on any scale with today's technology, or would the games simply require too powerful of a computer to even be playable? Are there any theoretical limits to this? Thanks
    • By LingLing_Artsu

Hello! I am an artist thats been wanting to develop a visual novel game called, "Hyacynth" , with another artist, @Quinncy Sama 
      and our marketer, @Anthony Cao who is also part of the team.
      Hyacynth is a thriller, tragedy based story played in the view of a man reborn as a serial killer.
      As a visual novel, there would be various routes and endings within the story. I would also like to implement pixel mini games as well.
      My goal with Hyacynth is to make the game both pc and mobile based. This is my first time starting such a large project so I plan to make it free/non-profit
      with hopes in making in-game purchases an available choice in the future. I am mainly an Artist and character designer with a general idea of the main story route.
      With this in mind, I am looking for various people and talents who are willing to join and contribute to completing this project:
      - A writer(s) that can help me further flesh out the story and help keep any branching routes to flow well with each other.
      - A programmer(s) to code the game and implement various features including a mini game that would occur within the main visual novel.
      Due to the nature and features of the game I am looking for someone that has experience with Unity. I do not have any knowledge with coding so I won't be able to help much there ;w; this part of the project may be a challenge so perhaps a group of coders would make the processes smoother along the road.
      - A GUI designer that can design the overall user interface and system graphics for the game.

- Artists for cover art, props, cg, backgrounds and sprites. As artists, Quin and I would be the main contributors to this field however it never hurts to find some helping hands! We are mainly looking for props and background artists at the moment however, we would also like a sprite artist to help us make the sprite making process for efficient. If you are interested in joining the team as an artist, you must provide any examples of your past work for I wish to look for styles that would be coherent with the already existing art styles that we plan to use for the game. 
      With the hopes of implementing a pixel based mini game, we are also looking for pixel artists interested in joining as well!
      Future roles we are also looking for but are not mandatory at the moment:
      - Song writer/composer(s) for background music and OST's
      - Sound Designers for various effects and actions in the game.
      - Voice Actors, this isn't a mandatory feature for the project at the moment, but we do hope to implement voiced dialogues within the game as well.

Our main source in communication for the project will be discord so you must provide your discord ID when applying via comment or PM.
      Thank you everyone for your attention and I await your responses!
      Sincerely, LingLingArtsu
      ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
      Update 4/17/2018
      As of right now Voice actors will not be out biggest priority since there are many characters still in development. If you are interested in joining the Voice acting field of the project feel free to send us a PM providing examples of your past works.
      We are currently looking for writers who are willing to collaborate with our main writer for the script may be dialogue heavy.
      The following roles listed below are still open:
      - Programmer 
      - GUI Designer
      - Sound Designer
      - CG artist
      - Background artist
      - Sprite artist 

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Rendering scene for each light source?

Hi folks,

Imagine we have 8 different light sources in our scene and want dynamic shadow map for each of them. The question is how do we generate shadow maps? Do we render the scene for each to get the depth data? If so, how about performance? Do we deal with the performance issues just by applying general methods (e.g. frustum culling)?

Thanks,

Advertisement

Additionally to frustum culling you can use the light cut off to cull anything too far away.

If the light is static you can precompute depth for static scene and render only dynamic objects.

You can update shadow maps only each Nth frame, risking some self shadowing on moving objects.

You can do shadows for dynamic objects only near the camera, and far away use only static shadows.

So, nothing magic - it is like you expected :)

Edit:

Actually there is a lot attention spent to the idea of a voxelized scene representation converted to signed distance field. You need to voxelize only once to support any number of lights, but the visibility test becomes ray tracing instead of a quick texture fetch.

Edited by JoeJ