Sign in to follow this  
GibbonThatCodes

Looking for 2D Character & Tileset artist(s)

Can you draw characters, can you draw swords, can you draw.. cucumbers? Then there is a good chance I could use your help!

So basically guys,
my weird little mind decided to have some fun so has a hobby project mapped out called "That's Not A Weapon"  - the overall theme being a multiplayer brawl style game with a rather.. fun weapon set, in terms of overall arty style thats going to really come down to the artist because its something totally undecided as of yet.

In terms of requirements, what needs to be created is obviously a range of about 8 unique characters (Again, giving some creative freedom here though will chat through ideas and such), a range of weapons.. and then some backgrounds and tilesets for the creation of the levels.

Overall goal of the project so far is really just looking at a fun yet kinda odd portfolio piece, though who knows.. may take it further if it turns out well.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested - Discord is Gibbon#9230 and email is Anthony@Gibbon.codes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Partner Spotlight

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By LimeJuice
      Hi, it's my first post on this forum and I would like to share the game I am working on at the moment.
      Graphics have been made with Blender3D using Cycle as a renderer and I am using Unity3D. It's a 2D game, one touch side-scrolling game for iOS and Android.
      Here some pictures, and you can have a look to the gameplay on this video :
      Feedbacks ?
      And if you want to try it, send me your email and I will add you to the beta tester list!

• By ilovegames
      Kaleidoskope 2017 is a simulator of the classic kaleidoscope invented by Sir David Brewster in 1816. 20 different colored glasses are randomly mixed and never repeated. Two modes of changing patterns are offered - continuous, step-by-step and switchable music. Symmetry is very attractive to the eye so Kaleidoscope 2017 is an excellent tool for relaxation. Now it is not necessary to buy this toy and twist your arms when you can play for free here.
      Download https://falcoware.com/Kaleidoscope2017.php

• By ilovegames
      "Square Ninja" is a 2D platformer game with parkour elements. Inspired by old school platform games and some new indie games, it tells the story of a Ninja, who will face obstacles like enemies and traps. Also you'll find a lot of puzzles with portals. Join the journey and help our hero save the day! Download https://falcoware.com/SquareNinja.php

• By Bob Dylan
      I know how to calculate the scalar of the velocity vector after a collision with 2 circles (as per this link: https://gamedevelopment.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-custom-2d-physics-engine-the-basics-and-impulse-resolution--gamedev-6331)
      These circles cannot rotate and do not have friction but can have different masses, however I cannot seem to find out any way to find the unit vector that I need to multiply the scalar of velocity by to get the new velocity of the particles after the collision.
      I also know how to check if 2 circles are colliding.
      Also, I am only dealing with this in a purely "maths-sense" (ie. the circles have a center and a radius), and would like to know how I can represent these circles on the screen in python 3.0.
      The vector class:
      class Vector(): def __init__(self,x,y): self.x = x self.y = y def add(self, newVector): return Vector(self.x+newVector.x, self.y+newVector.y) def subtract(self,newVector): return Vector(self.x-newVector.x, self.y-newVector.y) def equals(self, newVector): return Vector(newVector.x,newVector.y) def scalarMult(self, scalar): return Vector(self.x*scalar, self.y*scalar) def dotProduct(self, newVector): return (self.x*newVector.x)+(self.y*newVector.y def distance(self): return math.sqrt((self.x)**2 +(self.y)**2) The circle class:
      class Particles(): def __init__(self,currentPos, oldPos, accel, dt,mass, center, radius): self.currentPos = currentPos self.oldPos = oldPos self.accel = accel self.dt = dt self.mass = mass self.center = center self.radius = radius def doVerletPosition(currentPos, oldPos, accel, dt): a = currentPos.subtract(oldPos) b = currentPos.add(a) c = accel.scalarMult(dt) d = c.scalarMult(dt) return d.add(b) def doVerletVelocity(currentPos, oldPos, dt): deltaD = (currentPos.subtract(oldPos)) return deltaD.scalarMult(1/dt) def collisionDetection(self, center, radius): xCenter = (self.radius).xComponent() yCenter = (self.radius).yComponent() xOther = radius.xComponent() yOther = radius.yComponent() if ((xCenter - xOther)**2 + (yCenter-yOther)**2 < (self.radius + radius)**2): return True else: return False I do know about AABBs, but I am only using around 10 particles for now, and AABBs are not necessary now.
    • By RoKabium Games
      Kat is starting the design of our second level in "Something Ate My Alien". This one is a lava planet.
  • Popular Now