Sign in to follow this  
GibbonThatCodes

Looking for 2D Character & Tileset artist(s)

Can you draw characters, can you draw swords, can you draw.. cucumbers? Then there is a good chance I could use your help!

So basically guys,
my weird little mind decided to have some fun so has a hobby project mapped out called "That's Not A Weapon"  - the overall theme being a multiplayer brawl style game with a rather.. fun weapon set, in terms of overall arty style thats going to really come down to the artist because its something totally undecided as of yet.

In terms of requirements, what needs to be created is obviously a range of about 8 unique characters (Again, giving some creative freedom here though will chat through ideas and such), a range of weapons.. and then some backgrounds and tilesets for the creation of the levels.

Overall goal of the project so far is really just looking at a fun yet kinda odd portfolio piece, though who knows.. may take it further if it turns out well.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested - Discord is Gibbon#9230 and email is Anthony@Gibbon.codes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Christian Courtney
      I am creating a great 2d survival adventure RPG game. I have the core mechanics of the game but what I really need is graphics for this game. Anyone who helps will be fully credited and if the game is put out for money will get a share (will be discussed when you notify me). I am new to the Game making community and looking to get connections. The idea I have for this game is very ground breaking and creative. So if you would like to be apart of it please reply.
    • By Johannes1991
      I am trying to rotate a vector to a goal vector.
      My main problem now is that I can't wrap my head on is which way to rotate the vector, so finding the "shortest" way to rotate (clockwise or counter clockwise).
    • By ben berizovsky
      Hello there, I am new to the forum and in game development in general!
      I am currently building a simulator for some game, and I am having a few problems already, and I am using the libgdx framework.

I have an isometric map drawn, where each tile is a spot that only one entity can be at. 
      An entity can either move left, right or just forward in a straight line.

Now this is what it looks at the moment:

As you can see, my ship entity is located at 1,1.
      I want to start with adding a function that moves the ship in a straight line, so I need to move this ship to 1,2.

So I have a Vector2 that represents the ship's position, I made a dummy one in the local class where it paints entities, and the map and it's set to isometric coordinates of 1,1:
      r = new TextureRegion(texture, location.getX(), location.getY(), location.getWidth(), location.getHeight()); local = new Vector2(getIsometricX(1,1, r), getIsometricY(1,1, r));  
      "r" is my texture region, which is my sprite image off the spritesheet.

Now I have set a target position to 1,2:
      target = new Vector2(getIsometricX(1,2, r), getIsometricY(1,2, r));  
      So now my question is, how can I make that ship move to the target position? If i add 1 to x and y every tick, it will just move too much to the right.
      This is how I paint everything:

@Override public void render() { batch.setProjectionMatrix(camera.combined); batch.begin(); // Render the map renderSeaBattle(); // Render ships renderEntities(); batch.end(); }  
      And the map painting:

private void renderSeaBattle() { // The map tiles GameTile[][] tiles = map.getTiles(); for (int i = 0; i < tiles.length; i++) { for(int j = 0; j < tiles[i].length; j++) { GameTile tile = tiles[i][j]; Texture texture = tile.getTexture(); int x = (i * GameTile.TILE_WIDTH / 2) - (j * GameTile.TILE_WIDTH / 2) -texture.getWidth() / 2; int y = (i * GameTile.TILE_HEIGHT / 2) + (j * GameTile.TILE_HEIGHT / 2) -texture.getHeight() / 2; batch.draw(texture, x, y); } } }  
      And the entities:
      private void renderEntities() { batch.draw(r, local.x + location.getOffsetx(), local.y + location.getOffsety()); } location is an instance that contains the offset position for that specific sprite, because not all sprites are the same size, so to center it on the tile, each one has set offsetX and Y.
      And this is my coordinate conversion methods:
      public int getIsometricX(int x, int y, TextureRegion region) { return (x * GameTile.TILE_WIDTH / 2) - (y * GameTile.TILE_WIDTH / 2) - (region.getRegionWidth() / 2); } public int getIsometricY(int x, int y, TextureRegion region) { return (x * GameTile.TILE_HEIGHT / 2) + (y * GameTile.TILE_HEIGHT / 2) - (region.getRegionHeight() / 2); }  
      After I do the straight line, how can I create left/right movements in curves?
      Thanks!

• By Kamil Sawejko
      Hi there,

I am looking for team members. Anything from programmers to concept artists.

I would like to make a game similar to "Tactics Ogre". It would have an open world where you navigate your character like in any other rpg, and upon encountering a monster a battlefield would be created. Battle would be tactical and turn based.

The game would be a part of a franchise. My dream is creating an MMORPG, so I thought I will start with a little rpg game which will take place in the same world. If the game is successful, we can expand from there, and hopefully at some point create an MMORPG.

If you are interested, drop me a message at k.sawejko@gmail.com

Cheers!
    • By ilovegames
      An ancient temple arose right out of the ground, it's a miracle! It hovers in the air, delighting all in its majesty. What does conceal within its walls? Perhaps the greatest knowledge of our ancestors, and perhaps the future of technology left to us from the past? I am Anna the archaeologist, and my goal is to explore the temple. At the temple out of thin air there were some crystals, and probably they are the key to unlock the temple.
      Download https://falcoware.com/LostTemple.php

• Popular Now