WoA V - Afterparty/Judging thread

Started by
116 comments, last by racsoth 6 years, 7 months ago
Thanks for the review @newtechnology
Could you offer suggestions on what would make it better?

"The controls could use a bit more work though, as having the mouse control turning you as well as arrow keys can be conflicting."
I did include a sensitivity option for the mouse options menu for this purpose, But I could have made it more clear.
But locking the player facing to the left/right would probably be better as you suggest.

"the enemy's seem a bit buggy as they often don't attack in any way, other times they group up and destroy you pretty badly."
I don't know why the AI was doing that, It was supposed to move closer to you till it was in range and attack.

"Turrets on the other hand were very overpowered, capable of killing me in seconds"
They where more meant to get you to stop and fire, I should probably have improved the warning.
It is supposed to point a laser pointer at you before you get into firing range to alert you, But that did not always happen.
I could not find a cause as to why the laser pointer was not showing, Even tho the PS was updated correctly to point at you.

I think I am getting good at the whole game making thing due to all the good points raised (so far), I am going to write down the negatives/(constructive) criticism so that I can refer to it at later points for review against what I am doing.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement

@IYP: Finally didn't forget to look, I've got a AMD Radeon HD 5450 here.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

@Endurion: Thank you for trying to review my game! Sorry about the blackness--it looks as though you ran into the bug that I mentioned just above. :/

Actually, come to that, does your machine by any chance have an AMD graphics card? I'm wondering whether the issue is largely confined to those cards, or more variably spread.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Yep, as in the post above, an AMD Radeon HD 5450. A recipe for desaster :)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

So here is my post mortem:

11 hours ago, Endurion said:

Yep, as in the post above, an AMD Radeon HD 5450. A recipe for desaster :)

Ah, thank you. It's still only two points of data on the "defaults to black" side (your card and one other), but with two points on the "defaults to white" side, both bearing NVidia cards, I believe, it is starting to look like the difference is down to whether the player has an AMD or Nvidia card.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Hi everyone ! Here's my post mortem !

Will be streaming my judging tonight live, will go through all games (that work) and score as we go!

https://www.twitch.tv/riuthamus

Check it out live, in 3hrs from this post (8pm HST)

Live now!!

https://www.twitch.tv/riuthamus

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168126246

Link to the full review of all the submissions. I did go through them in order of games in the rar file.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement