WoA V - Afterparty/Judging thread

Started by
116 comments, last by racsoth 6 years, 7 months ago
21 minutes ago, Thaumaturge said:

I believe that it's a bug, and one that Slicer is aware of; I'm not sure of whether they're looking into it at the moment or not. @slicer4ever?

On my way home from work.  almost certain i probably did a >0 instead of >=.  i'll also attempt to add supporting reviews without scores being required.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement
14 minutes ago, ryan20fun said:

AFAIK It should have popped up if it was needed, But it can't hurt to manually start it.

I don't recall a popup of any sort.

I daresay that it wouldn't hurt much to install the additional element; I just really don't like dealing with them. If this were for official judging, that would be another matter, I imagine. But for fun and a community review, it just doesn't feel worth it to me, personally.

5 minutes ago, slicer4ever said:

On my way home from work.  almost certain i probably did a >0 instead of >=.  i'll also attempt to add supporting reviews without scores being required.

Fair enough, and thank you--it's appreciated. ^_^

(Looking back at my previous message there, I may have come off as being a little pushy--sorry if that was the case! ^^; )

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

I know this doesn't count towards the final score on participation but I wanted to do a post-mortem on this so if anyone is interested here it is :) 

36 minutes ago, Thaumaturge said:

Fair enough, and thank you--it's appreciated. ^_^

1 hour ago, Endurion said:

@Ludologists: Sorry about the vote, I wanted to simply add a message that the game closes after starting, but I have to set most criteria to a value <> 0.

We really need a way to keep a criterium unset. I can't vote Audio if a game has no sound or pretty much anything when it crashes out right. But I at least want to leave a info for the developers.

Alright I've fixed the 0 issue.  it was a stupid oversight once again.  I've also added support for providing no-review feedbacks, just click clearscores if you've already set a score, and submit with the blank scores.  It should also ideally load your review back into the review table if you've already made one.  there was a bug with how IE/Edge were treeated that i've taken care of for that problem.  If you don't see your review get loaded back in please message me your browser and version your running so i can try to replicate it on my end.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

am I late to the party?

3 hours ago, slicer4ever said:

Alright I've fixed the 0 issue.  it was a stupid oversight once again.  I've also added support for providing no-review feedbacks, just click clearscores if you've already set a score, and submit with the blank scores.  It should also ideally load your review back into the review table if you've already made one.  there was a bug with how IE/Edge were treeated that i've taken care of for that problem.  If you don't see your review get loaded back in please message me your browser and version your running so i can try to replicate it on my end.

Ah, excellent, and thank you! I'll likely go back and fill in my remaining reviews a little later. ^_^

[edit]

I've added a the few reviews that had previously generated errors. All seems to have gone smoothly, I'm glad to say!

Similarly, I see that the tooltips are now working for me. ^_^ I do note from them that my interpretation of the scores varied somewhat from the official guidelines. ^^;

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

My Twitter Account: @EbornIan

Thanks for fixing the bugs, slicer4ever. I can confirm it works fine now in Edge. :)

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

Thanks @racsoth for the review.
Could you offer suggestions on what you would like or would have done differently?

Did you do the tutorial?
I will make a note for when I do a tutorial again to mention enemy damage/behavior.

@IYP Do you have some tips on how to rotate, push and then jump to the next domino?
I keep falling short

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

I've written a post-mortem, if anybody is interested.

I've also downloaded a few submissions, but since I don't have Windows, I couldn't play any of them :(

46 minutes ago, Avalander said:

I've written a post-mortem, if anybody is interested.

Good writeup!

I'm intrigued by the sound of part2. Are you saying that all your game's state is functionally transformed?.. It's just maps and folds to arrive at the next frames state and not directly mutated?

46 minutes ago, Avalander said:

I've also downloaded a few submissions, but since I don't have Windows, I couldn't play any of them :(

Mine might run for you as long as you have Java8:

java -jar Game.jar

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement