• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Kai Keeper
      I finished this game a while ago, now I'm trying to make an introduction video before I put it on Steam, looking for feedback.
      I have already got some feedback from other people, and this is what they felt or some of the things I think the video doesn't do a good job: 1. I don't understand the core concept of the game. I think another video that explains the core concept of this game would be better.
      2. I feel that the video was too long, it showed way too many features.
      If you feel the same way, please let me know. If you have any other suggestions/feedback please don't hold back.
    • By MadeWithRealLemons
      Hello all, I'm pretty new to programming and game development but I'm currently studying computer science at FSU and am just working on a project on that side that I hope to put on my resume one day... Any and all advice would be welcome!  I made a quick, shitty, little dev vlog where I just spliced a few of the features I've added into a single video.
      Please leave a comment if you have any words of encouragement or advice!  
    • By abarnes
      Hello All!
      I am currently pursuing a degree in video game programming, so far I have completed an intro to programming course and object oriented programming course. Both were taught using C++ as the programming langauge which I know is very popular for game development, but in these classes we do not actually do any game development. I would like to start to build my skills with C++ for game development as that is a common required thing for a job and am looking for ways to do this. Any recommendations such as books to read or youtube videos to watch will be greatly appreciated!
    • By fgp069
      Hi there, this is my first time posting, but have been a long-time lurker in this community. I am currently developing a 3D game engine using a deferred renderer and OpenGL.
      I have successfully implemented recursive portals (and mirrors) in my engine utilizing the stencil buffer to mask out regions of the screen. This solution is very favorable as I am able to have dozens of separate views drawn at once without needing to worry about requiring multiple G-buffers for each individual (sub)view. I also benefit with being able to perform post processing effects over all views, only needing to apply them over what is visible (one pass per-section with stencil masking for no risk of overdraw).
      Now presently I am pondering ways of dealing with in-game camera displays (for an example think of the monitors from Half-Life 2). In the past I've handled these by rendering from the camera's perspective onto separate render target, and then in the final shading pass applying it as a texture. However I was greatly disappointed with the performance and the inability to combine with post-processing effects (or at least the way I do presently with portals). Another concern being that I wish to have scenes containing several unique camera screens at once (such as a security CCTV room), without needing to worry about the associated vram usage of having several G-Buffers.
      I wanted to ask more experienced members of this community if it would be possible to handle them in a similar fashion as I do with portals, but with the difference being for them to be transformed so they take on the appearance of a flat 2D surface. Would anybody with a more comprehensive understanding of matrix maths be able to tell me if this idea is feasible or not, and if so could come up with a possible solution?
      I hope all this makes enough sense. Any possible insight would be greatly appreciated!
    • By RoKabium Games
      While looking out for that pesky Terrator, our little alien is doing a bit of relaxed mining down on the new gas planet "Lelantos" this weekend.... 
      #gamedev #indiedev #madewithunity #screenshotsaturday
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

[Unity] Tactical FPS Startup

Hello, my name is Thomas and I am currently starting up a project. 

The project is going to be a very hardcore, and tactical FPS that is similar to Escape from Tarkov. It will be made within Unity, and will be programmed in C#. Currently, I have a Unity project started, an organized Discord setup, and as well as a very organized Google Drive. The Google Drive has art references, and plenty of folders for organization.

I am looking for anyone who can contribute: 2D artists, 3D artists, composers, programmers, etc.

If you would like to help out and be of use, please email me at: thomasmunson2277@gmail.com

Alternatively, add my Discord: Thomas#3788