• Advertisement

Open Source I shared my JavaScript 2D Game Engine.

Hi everyone, I've shared my 2D Game Engine source code. It's the result of 4 years working on it (and I still continue improving features xD ) and I want to share with the community. You can see some videos on youtube and some demo gifs on my twitter account.

This Engine has been developed as End-of-Degree Project and it is coded in Javascript, WebGL and GLSL. The engine is written from scratch.

This is not a professional engine but it's for learning purposes, so anyone can review the code an learn basis about graphics, physics or game engine architecture. Source code on this GitHub repository.

I'm available for a good conversation about Game Engine / Graphics Programming :)

Edited by Adrianensis

Advertisement

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Innoc uous
      I'm working on a space game, and I suck at art. I would love to get some help from someone who is more skilled than me. Things I need include modular space ship parts and GUI elements. Nothing too fancy, just functional so I can get a prototype put together. This could potentially become a serious project, but for now this is just a hobby project.

In this video, you can see a few things I already completed
      :2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv
    • By sergio2k18
      Hi all
      this is my first post on this forum.
      First of all i want to say you that i've searched many posts on this forum about this specific argument, without success, so i write another one....
      Im a beginner.
      I want use GPU geometry clipmaps algorithm to visualize virtual inifinte terrains. 
      I already tried to use vertex texture fetch with a single sampler2D with success.

Readed many papers about the argument and all speak about the fact that EVERY level of a geometry clipmap, has its own texture. What means this exactly? i have to 
      upload on graphic card a sampler2DArray?
      With a single sampler2D is conceptually simple. Creating a vbo and ibo on cpu (the vbo contains only the positions on X-Z plane, not the heights)
      and upload on GPU the texture containing the elevations. In vertex shader i sample, for every vertex, the relative height to te uv coordinate.
      But i can't imagine how can i reproduce various 2d footprint for every level of the clipmap. The only way i can imagine is follow:
      Upload the finer texture on GPU (entire heightmap). Create on CPU, and for each level of clipmap, the 2D footprints of entire clipmap.
      So in CPU i create all clipmap levels in terms of X-Z plane. In vertex shader sampling these values is simple using vertex texture fetch.
      So, how can i to sample a sampler2DArray in vertex shader, instead of upload a sampler2D of entire clipmap?

Sorry for my VERY bad english, i hope i have been clear.

• By owenjr
      Hi there.
      I'm pretty new to this and I don't know if it has been asked before, but here I go.
      I'm developing a game using SFML and C++.
      I would like to use the "Tiled" tool to load maps into my game but I don't actually find any tutorial or guide on how to exaclty use it (I know that I have to read an XML file and stuff). I just step into diverse projects that make all a mess. 
      Anyone knows where can I find good information to make my map loader by myself?
      Thanks in advantage!!
    • By GhostarWhite7
      Today again I painted the next drawing. I look at him and I understand that something is wrong in him. Can problems with the prospect or with black and white or with the composition or is everything terrible? help me figure it out, help.. My english is not very well, i'm from russia and i want to draw for game

• By MHG OstryTM
      Hello guys,
      I've released my game for the first time. I'm very excited about it and I hope you'll enjoy the game - Beer Ranger. It's a retro-like puzzle-platfromer which makes you think a lot or die trying. You have a squad of skilled dwarfs with special powers and your goal is tasty beer. There is a lot of traps as well as many solutions how to endure them - it is up to your choice how to complete the level! 
      Link to the project: Project site
      Link to the Steam site with video: Beer Ranger
      Have fun and please write feedback if you feel up to.
      Some screens: 

• Advertisement