• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Court
      Hi there, I am currently studying a diploma of screen and media and want to move on to the bachelor of game animation and design after this course finishes. I was just wondering if there was any advice anyone had on landing job interviews and finding work in general for this field. I was also wondering how hard it is to find a job in this field for females as well?
      many thanks
    • By Alex Daughters

Hi, I am currently a college student studying to become a Game Developer. I need to interview current game developers for a class I'm taking. if anyone seeing this could answer just the 5 questions that I have provided below as well as your name, current position, and how many years you've been in the game industry. I'd really appreciate any responses. 

Name:
      Position:
      Year in the industry:

What was the starting salary?
      How many hours do you work?
      What did you learn outside of school that was useful?
      How did you get your job and how hard was it to find it?
      how was this job different than you expected it to be?

Thank you for your time.
      -Alex Daughters
    • By Fadey Duh
      Good evening everyone!

I was wondering if there is something equivalent of  GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced for AMD?
      Basically I'm trying to find more compatible version of it.

Thank you!
    • By Jens Eckervogt
      Hello guys, 

Please tell me! 
      How do I know? Why does wavefront not show for me?
      I already checked I have non errors yet.
      using OpenTK; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.IO; using System.Text; namespace Tutorial_08.net.sourceskyboxer { public class WaveFrontLoader { private static List<Vector3> inPositions; private static List<Vector2> inTexcoords; private static List<Vector3> inNormals; private static List<float> positions; private static List<float> texcoords; private static List<int> indices; public static RawModel LoadObjModel(string filename, Loader loader) { inPositions = new List<Vector3>(); inTexcoords = new List<Vector2>(); inNormals = new List<Vector3>(); positions = new List<float>(); texcoords = new List<float>(); indices = new List<int>(); int nextIdx = 0; using (var reader = new StreamReader(File.Open("Contents/" + filename + ".obj", FileMode.Open), Encoding.UTF8)) { string line = reader.ReadLine(); int i = reader.Read(); while (true) { string[] currentLine = line.Split(); if (currentLine[0] == "v") { Vector3 pos = new Vector3(float.Parse(currentLine[1]), float.Parse(currentLine[2]), float.Parse(currentLine[3])); inPositions.Add(pos); if (currentLine[1] == "t") { Vector2 tex = new Vector2(float.Parse(currentLine[1]), float.Parse(currentLine[2])); inTexcoords.Add(tex); } if (currentLine[1] == "n") { Vector3 nom = new Vector3(float.Parse(currentLine[1]), float.Parse(currentLine[2]), float.Parse(currentLine[3])); inNormals.Add(nom); } } if (currentLine[0] == "f") { Vector3 pos = inPositions[0]; positions.Add(pos.X); positions.Add(pos.Y); positions.Add(pos.Z); Vector2 tc = inTexcoords[0]; texcoords.Add(tc.X); texcoords.Add(tc.Y); indices.Add(nextIdx); ++nextIdx; } reader.Close(); return loader.loadToVAO(positions.ToArray(), texcoords.ToArray(), indices.ToArray()); } } } } } And It have tried other method but it can't show for me.  I am mad now. Because any OpenTK developers won't help me.
      Please help me how do I fix.

And my download (mega.nz) should it is original but I tried no success...
      - Add blend source and png file here I have tried tried,.....  

PS: Why is our community not active? I wait very longer. Stop to lie me!
      Thanks !
    • By Ty Typhoon
      I like to build my A - Team now.

I need loyal people who can trust and believe in a dream.
      If you got time and no need for direct pay please contact me now.

We cant pay now, you will recieve a lifetime percentage if the released game will give earnings. 
      If I get the best people together for a team, everything should be possible.

What i need:
      - Programmer c++
      - Unity / Unreal - we must check whats possible, please share your experience with me.
      - Sculpter, 3D Artist
      - Animator
      - Marketing / Promotion 

What i do:
      - Studio Owner
      - Director
      - Recruit exactly you
      - Sounddesign
      - Main theme composing
      - Vocals
      - Game design
      - Gun, swords, shields and weapon design
      - Character, plants and animal design

Please dont ask about the Name of the Game, about Designs or Screenshots.
      The game will be defintitly affected about our and your skills if you join the team.

Planned for the big Game:
      - 1st person shooter
      - online multiplayer
      - character manipulation
      - complete big open world with like lifetime actions and reactions
      - gunstore with many items to buy
      - many upgrades for players
      - specials like mini games

So if you are interested in joining a team with a nearly complete game idea, contact me now and tell me what you can do.

discord:
      joerg federmann composing#2898

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement

Gameplay making a terrain engine using C++ and opengl

Hi i am new to this forum  i wanted to ask for help from all of you i want to generate real time terrain using a 32 bit heightmap i am good at c++ and have started learning Opengl as i am very interested in making landscapes in opengl i have looked around the internet for help about this topic but i am not getting the hang of the concepts and what they are doing can some here suggests me some good resources for making terrain engine please for example like tutorials,books etc so that i can understand the whole concept of terrain generation.

Advertisement