looking for help with game project

Started by
4 comments, last by Magnus H 6 years, 7 months ago

Hey people,

I want to create a turn based mobile game with some more or less critical topic, which could upset a lot of people - about religion. I won´t be more specific at this point. So far I have some pages concept written down and made a few design tries with AppGameKit. The game is ready (in my head) but the idea needs to be revised and written down as app. I am looking for openminded, critical people to help me with:

- Game Concept: Is every required aspect concidered? What else has to be included?

- Game Mechanics: How is everything calculated?

- Graphics: create (cute), attractive graphics and sprites

- Sound: produce small jingles and a happy background song loop

- Game Motivation: How do I keep the game interesting?

- Idea Pool: What features could be added, do you have more ideas (for upgrades etc)?

and most importantly

- Programmers to help me make all the features work

Since I am a student, I can not offer you a lot but I am convinced of this idea and hope you give it a shot too.
If you are interested, a short excert can be seen here feel free to comment

Advertisement

Can I ask the goal of the game, as in why are you making this?

The game doesn't sound like it can make money and having read the design you posted I don't believe you have a full idea for a game yet.

Before even considering to make this game first read up on what is needed to host a mobile game on the app store.

In brief you will need to either register as a company or as a person to do business with the app store. This will involve you driving between your bank and tax offices several times to get legal documents and registering to do business.

Your game feels too lightly designed considering the pains you will need to go through to get it on the app store.

Maybe you should just make a simple desktop version of the game and see if people would like to play it first.

1 hour ago, Magnus H said:

I am looking for openminded, critical people to help me with:

Open-minded means to be accepting of new ideas. To be critical of an idea is to point out it's flaws.

Your asking people to accept your idea and to find it flawed at the same time. That is a hard thing to do, most people are unwilling to accept a flawed idea because they know it won't work.

Maybe instead you should look for open-minded people and critical people; instead of looking for one person to be both.

Well I am not trying to make money with this game, I see it as education that should be free.. Maybe this is just my utopian dream.. If some day however some paycheck knocks on my door I will not say no, but this is more about advancing the idea than getting anything off it. 

Thank you though for the advice, how would I structure a game concept in order to be not as "lightly designed"? I am working currently on a desktop version, but yes, the game is not ready yet. That is why i asked for help.

You seem to be an open-minded, critical person. You are open-minded because you are willing to hear out my ideas and try to understand them, you read the excerpt. But your are critical at the same time by thinking twice about what i have to say and having your own opinion, you are calling "lightly designed" what you read about. To me being open-minded and being critical are two different things, one is about engaging new ideas, the other one about dealing with them.

Education.. mhm. 

Well,i'm interested anyway,but need more information.

On 21.8.2017 at 6:42 PM, tyhender said:

Education.. mhm. 

Well,i'm interested anyway,but need more information.

Sent you a pm with the current version of the game.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement