Jai Bear

Game Getting Created [Need Help]

tyhender    168
On 19.08.2017 at 4:56 AM, Ifrit Dev said:

Dude, 9-year-olds are not the kind of crowd you want developing a game. It might do you some good to raise your standards, even just a bit.

I bet he's a teen himself, or even pre-teen kid(dat minecraft avatar). If his hobby is game dev and he want to make a game with people of his age, it's still experience and is good.

Ifrit Dev    110
2 hours ago, tyhender said:

I bet he's a teen himself, or even pre-teen kid(dat minecraft avatar). If his hobby is game dev and he want to make a game with people of his age, it's still experience and is good.

Still, when I was his age, I made games solo, and when I joined a team, it was of people older than me. Once I hit 13, I started my own team and still was the youngest on it. Even if he's really good, the odds of finding competent people his age are really low. You don't want a team where they hold you back.

tyhender    168
25 minutes ago, Ifrit Dev said:

Still, when I was his age, I made games solo, and when I joined a team, it was of people older than me. Once I hit 13, I started my own team and still was the youngest on it. Even if he's really good, the odds of finding competent people his age are really low. You don't want a team where they hold you back.

You're right,but didn't you think that he might be holding team of older people too? Everybody should start somewhere. Though you're right,for now he should learn to program and create games solo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By khawk
      CRYENGINE has released their latest version with support for Vulkan, Substance integration, and more. Learn more from their announcement and check out the highlights below.
      Substance Integration
      CRYENGINE uses Substance internally in their workflow and have released a direct integration.

Vulkan API
      A beta version of the Vulkan renderer to accompany the DX12 implementation. Vulkan is a cross-platform 3D graphics and compute API that enables developers to have high-performance real-time 3D graphics applications with balanced CPU/GPU usage. 

Entity Components
      CRYENGINE has addressed a longstanding issue with game code managing entities within the level. The Entity Component System adds a modular and intuitive method to construct games.
      And More
      View the full release details at the CRYENGINE announcement here.

View full story
    • By khawk
      CRYENGINE has released their latest version with support for Vulkan, Substance integration, and more. Learn more from their announcement and check out the highlights below.
      Substance Integration
      CRYENGINE uses Substance internally in their workflow and have released a direct integration.

Vulkan API
      A beta version of the Vulkan renderer to accompany the DX12 implementation. Vulkan is a cross-platform 3D graphics and compute API that enables developers to have high-performance real-time 3D graphics applications with balanced CPU/GPU usage. 

Entity Components
      CRYENGINE has addressed a longstanding issue with game code managing entities within the level. The Entity Component System adds a modular and intuitive method to construct games.
      And More
      View the full release details at the CRYENGINE announcement here.
    • By ilovegames
      You are a US Army soldier, and one day an unknown enemy attacked your base. Now your task is to survive and protect the base. There are a lot of weapons in your arsenal. Survive this nightmare at any cost. 
      Download https://falcoware.com/Defender.php

• By ilovegames
      Hold out as long as possible in the "Arena of Death." Only your skill and the correct tactics of combat will help you survive in the Arena. Nine types of weapons are at your disposal, but remember that cartridges are limited and they need to be spent wisely. You must prioritize the position and the type of weapons in order to achieve victory.   Awaiting you:   - 9 types of weapons - Dynamic gameplay - Different types of opponents, with their own characteristics and weaknesses - Increasing complexity   Download https://falcoware.com/DeadArena.php

• By the incredible smoker
      I like to understand the basics of BSP tree rendering.
      I am looking to the doom source code also to understand the simplest form from the beginning.
      Maybe i can write a win32 program with drawing pixels and lines to see how it works.
      I dont know how the doom code works just by looking at it, i cant even find the part where they draw a pixel.

Also intrested in how to implement your own BSP tree in dirextX,
      how do i use the vertexbuffer for that ?

Do you need to replace all vertices from the vertex buffer for every frame ?, aint that slow ?
      I need if for unlimited lights, in the fixed pipeline i have only 8 light sources available.

I also dont understand how you make your own pipeline ?, how does it work in combination with a video card ?,
      i dont wanto code asm or shader language or something : C++ only, is it possible ?

Anyone has undestandable info about the simplest BSP tree or non fixed pipeline ?
      thanks

• Popular Now