• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Invention 2

Continuation of the first part of the game, Invention. While you were on the island exploring the underground laboratory, the infection was busy spreading throughout the world. In this episode, you have to go through a city populated by monsters in search of salvation aided by weapons that you will find during your travels. The gloomy atmosphere, music and atmosphere and a crowd of walking meat will keep you on your toes!

Download http://falcoware.com/Invention2.php

1.png

2.png

3.png

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By 3dmodelerguy
      So I am building a turn based rogue-like (think CDDA). The game is going to have a very large map (up to 1000's x 1000's) however to alleviate most of that I obviously can't render everything so there will just be render a certain radius around the player and just load in and out data as the player moves.
      The next major system I am prototyping is making interactive tiles destructible and pretty much everything will be destructible besides basic landscape (cars, doors, windows, structures, etc. will be destructible)
      While I am only rendering a certain amount of tiles around the player, I want to keep the amount of colliders active at one time to be as small as possible for performance and currently the tilemap tool I use automatically merges colliders together.
      So instead of creating a separate colliders for each of these tiles and having the destructible behavior tied to that object (which my tilemap tool would allow me to do) I was thinking that I would store an array of all the X and Y locations for the interactive tilemap layer and let the tilemap manage the colliders. 
      Then when I hit a collider on the interactive tilemap layer, instead of of getting the behavior for how to deal with the destruction for that tile from that game object, I would pull it from the array I mentioned earlier based on the tile I attempt to interact with which I already have.
      Does this sound like a good approach? Any other recommendations would be welcomed.
    • By Katie Byrne
      F.OB: Forward Operating Base is a military themed base building and resource management game.

I am currently about 6 weeks into development. still implementing core game mechanics. The game is playable in a basic sense right now but there are no objectives or missions or anything motivating really lol. 

I have been inspired by games such as prison architect and rimworld. both in visual style and general gameplay ideas. Here is a quick 2 minute video i put together that hopefully communicates the general feel of the game and what gameplay is like. Any feedback or criticism is welcome

I have been keeping a development diary on my youtube channel and i hope to have more developments on this project very soon. 

• By regnar
      Hi!
      I've been trying to implement simple virtual globe rendering system using "3D Engine Design for Virtual Globes" book as a reference.  What I do is I use 6 planes to form a cube, send it to GPU and use vertex shader to form a sphere and add random noise to simulate surface of the planet. The problem is how do I do CPU work on the vertex data from now on - how do I get world space coordinates of a terrain patch to perform LOD techniques, how do I do camera-terrain collision detection etc. ?
    • By NDraskovic
      Hey guys,
      I have a really weird problem. I'm trying to get some data from a REST service. I'm using the following code:

private void GetTheScores() { UnityWebRequest GetCommand = UnityWebRequest.Get(url); UnityWebRequestAsyncOperation operation = GetCommand.SendWebRequest(); if (!operation.webRequest.isNetworkError) { ResultsContainer rez = JsonUtility.FromJson<ResultsContainer>(operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text); Debug.Log("Text: " + operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text); } } The problem is that when I'm in Unity's editor, the request doesn't return anything (operation.webRequest.downloadHandler.text is empty, the Debug.Log command just prints "Text: "), but when I enter the debug mode and insert a breakpoint on that line, then it returns the text properly. Does anyone have an idea why is this happening?
      The real problem I'm trying to solve is that when I receive the text, I can't get the data from the JSON. The markup is really simple:
      [{"id":1,"name":"Player1"},{"id":2,"name":"Player2"}] and I have an object that should accept that data:
      [System.Serializable] public class ResultScript { public int id; public string name; } There is also a class that should accept the array of these objects (which the JSON is returning):
      [System.Serializable] public class ResultsContainer { public ResultScript[] results; } But when I run the code (in the debug mode, to get any result) I get an error: ArgumentException: JSON must represent an object type. I've googled it but none of the proposed solutions work for me.
      Also (regardless if I'm in the debug mode or not) when I try to do some string operations like removing or adding characters to the GET result, the functions return an empty string as a result
      Can you help me with any of these problems?
      Thank you
    • By mister345
      Hi guys, so I have about 200 files isolated in their own folder [physics code] in my Visual Studio project that I never touch. They might as well be a separate library, I just keep em as source files in case I need to look at them or step through them, but I will never actually edit them, so there's no need to ever build them.
      However, when I need to rebuild the entire solution because I changed the other files, all of these 200 files get rebuilt too and it takes a really long time.
      If I click on their properties -> exclude from build, then rebuild, it's no good because then all the previous built objects get deleted automatically, so the build will fail.
      So how do I make the built versions of the 200+ files in the physics directory stay where they are so I never have to rebuild them, but
      do a normal rebuild for everything else? Any easy answers to this? The simpler the better, as I am a noob at Visual Studio settings. Thanks.
  • Advertisement