• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Ty Typhoon
      So me and my co try to do a game.
      It should be in unity couse my co do everything in this engine.

We got the rpg package from evila for inventor, but it only runs on pc right now.

I like to make a online store for guns in the game and a multiplayer open world that runs on pc, android, mobile, ps4, xbox one. 
      Somebody told me that you "only" need to program it like so and that its possible in every engine...

[recruitment wording deleted by moderator]

And yes, this is no recruitment post.
      [recruitment wording deleted by moderator]]

Also discord:
      Joerg Federmann Composing#2898
    • By Epicghost 505
      Hello,
      We are looking for people to be apart of a team, to help create a horror game we are looking for 3d modelers, coders, artist, animators, fx artist, level designers, and audio design, there will be a payment plan once release of game                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              if your interested come join our discord                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         We hope to see you there
      https://discord.gg/6rcc6xr
      -Epicghost505
    • By wobbegong_
      I am taking an absolute beginner's game development course and we have just finished game jams in small groups. Our current assignment is to get feedback from people working in any aspect of game development. I would very much appreciate any feedback! The game is up on itchi.io (sound warning) https://wobbegong.itch.io/zombie-shooter It's essentially a very basic PvE.
      I also have some things I'm wondering about, but you don't necessarily have to answer these. 
      1. Do you have any tips on working with physics? My group wrestled a bit with Rigidbody physics not totally working the way we wanted to -- jumping ended up kind of floaty and inclines seem to mess up movement. Alternatively... how can I build terrains with depth that won't result in wonky physics?
      2. How can I keep up the level of challenge in an interesting way as the player progresses through the waves?
      3. What are some of your personal guidelines for creating title screens?
      Thank you very much in advance!
    • By lxjk
      Hi guys,
      There are many ways to do light culling in tile-based shading. I've been playing with this idea for a while, and just want to throw it out there.
      Because tile frustums are general small compared to light radius, I tried using cone test to reduce false positives introduced by commonly used sphere-frustum test.
      On top of that, I use distance to camera rather than depth for near/far test (aka. sliced by spheres).
      This method can be naturally extended to clustered light culling as well.
      The following image shows the general ideas

Performance-wise I get around 15% improvement over sphere-frustum test. You can also see how a single light performs as the following: from left to right (1) standard rendering of a point light; then tiles passed the test of (2) sphere-frustum test; (3) cone test; (4) spherical-sliced cone test

I put the details in my blog post (https://lxjk.github.io/2018/03/25/Improve-Tile-based-Light-Culling-with-Spherical-sliced-Cone.html), GLSL source code included!

Eric
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

At The Hospital

You - the chief doctor of the hospital. Working late into the evening, did not notice the majority of hospital workers went home ... But where you disappeared the night shift is also not known. Hastily taking important documents, go home, but something went wrong as usual ... Can you get out of the hospital alive?

Download https://falcoware.com/AtTheHospital.php

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement