• Advertisement

[BUMP] Looking for hobby programmers to create a 3D engine with advanced physics.

Hello, my name is Mark. I'm hobby programmer. 

So recently,I thought that it's good idea to find people to create a full 3D engine. I'm looking for people experienced in scripting 3D shaders and implementing physics into engine(game)(we are going to use the React physics engine). 

And,ye,no money =D I'm just looking for hobbyists that will be proud of their work. If engine(or game) will have financial succes,well,then maybe =D

Sorry for late replies.

On 20.08.2017 at 8:24 AM, 0r0d said:

You should give more information if you want to try to recruit people.

I mostly give more information when people PM me,but this post is REALLY short,even for me =D

So here's few more points:

• Engine will use openGL and SDL for graphics.
  • It will use React3D physics library for physics simulation.
  • Engine(most probably,atleast for the first part) won't have graphical fron-end,it will be a framework .
  • I think final engine should be enough to set up an FPS in a couple of minutes.

A bit about my self:

• I've been programming for 7 years total. I learned very slowly it as "secondary interesting thing" for like 3 years, but then began to script more seriously. 
  • My primary language is C++,which we are going to use for the engine.
  • Yes,I did 3D graphics with physics simulation before.
  • No, my portfolio isn't very impressive. I'm working on that :D
  • No,I wasn't employed officially.

If anybody need to know more PM me. 

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By owenjr
      Hi there.
      I'm pretty new to this and I don't know if it has been asked before, but here I go.
      I'm developing a game using SFML and C++.
      I would like to use the "Tiled" tool to load maps into my game but I don't actually find any tutorial or guide on how to exaclty use it (I know that I have to read an XML file and stuff). I just step into diverse projects that make all a mess. 
      Anyone knows where can I find good information to make my map loader by myself?
      Thanks in advantage!!
    • By MHG OstryTM
      Hello guys,
      I've released my game for the first time. I'm very excited about it and I hope you'll enjoy the game - Beer Ranger. It's a retro-like puzzle-platfromer which makes you think a lot or die trying. You have a squad of skilled dwarfs with special powers and your goal is tasty beer. There is a lot of traps as well as many solutions how to endure them - it is up to your choice how to complete the level! 
      Link to the project: Project site
      Link to the Steam site with video: Beer Ranger
      Have fun and please write feedback if you feel up to.
      Some screens: 

• By too_many_stars
      Hello Everyone,
      I have been going over a number of books and examples that deal with GLSL. It's common after viewing the source code to have something like this...
      class Model{ public: Model(); void render(); private: GLSL glsl_program; }; ////// .cpp Model::Model(){ glsl_program.compileAndLinkShaders() } void Model::render(){ glsl_program.use() //render something glsl_program.unUse(); } Is this how a shader program should be used in real time applications? For example, if I have a particle class, for every particle that's created, do I want to compiling and linking a vertex, frag shader? It seems to a noob such as myself this might not be the best approach to real time applications.
      If I am correct, what is the best work around?
      Thanks so much for all the help,

Mike

• By getoutofmycar
      I'm having some difficulty understanding how data would flow or get inserted into a multi-threaded opengl renderer where there is a thread pool and a render thread and an update thread (possibly main). My understanding is that the threadpool will continually execute jobs, assemble these and when done send them off to be rendered where I can further sort these and achieve some cheap form of statelessness. I don't want anything overly complicated or too fine grained,  fibers,  job stealing etc. My end goal is to simply have my renderer isolated in its own thread and only concerned with drawing and swapping buffers. 
      My questions are:
      1. At what point in this pipeline are resources created?
      Say I have a
      class CCommandList { void SetVertexBuffer(...); void SetIndexBuffer(...); void SetVertexShader(...); void SetPixelShader(...); } borrowed from an existing post here. I would need to generate a VAO at some point and call glGenBuffers etc especially if I start with an empty scene. If my context lives on another thread, how do I call these commands if the command list is only supposed to be a collection of state and what command to use. I don't think that the render thread should do this and somehow add a task to the queue or am I wrong?
      Or could I do some variation where I do the loading in a thread with shared context and from there generate a command that has the handle to the resources needed.

2. How do I know all my jobs are done.
      I'm working with C++, is this as simple as knowing how many objects there are in the scene, for every task that gets added increment a counter and when it matches aforementioned count I signal the renderer that the command list is ready? I was thinking a condition_variable or something would suffice to alert the renderthread that work is ready.

3. Does all work come from a singular queue that the thread pool constantly cycles over?
      With the notion of jobs, we are basically sending the same work repeatedly right? Do all jobs need to be added to a single persistent queue to be submitted over and over again?

4. Are resources destroyed with commands?
      Likewise with initializing and assuming #3 is correct, removing an item from the scene would mean removing it from the job queue, no? Would I need to send a onetime command to the renderer to cleanup?
    • By Finalspace
      I am starting to get into linux X11/GLX programming, but from every C example i found - there is this XVisualInfo thing parameter passed to XCreateWindow always.
      Can i control this parameter later on - when the window is already created? What i want it to change my own non GLX window to be a GLX window - without recreating. Is that possible?

On win32 this works just fine to create a rendering context later on, i simply find and setup the pixel format from a pixel format descriptor and create the context and are ready to go.

I am asking, because if that doesent work - i need to change a few things to support both worlds (Create a context from a existing window, create a context for a new window).
  • Advertisement