tyhender

[BUMP] Looking for hobby programmers to create a 3D engine with advanced physics.

tyhender    168

Hello, my name is Mark. I'm hobby programmer. 

So recently,I thought that it's good idea to find people to create a full 3D engine. I'm looking for people experienced in scripting 3D shaders and implementing physics into engine(game)(we are going to use the React physics engine). 

And,ye,no money =D I'm just looking for hobbyists that will be proud of their work. If engine(or game) will have financial succes,well,then maybe =D

Sorry for late replies.

On 20.08.2017 at 8:24 AM, 0r0d said:

You should give more information if you want to try to recruit people.

I mostly give more information when people PM me,but this post is REALLY short,even for me =D

So here's few more points:

• Engine will use openGL and SDL for graphics.
  • It will use React3D physics library for physics simulation.
  • Engine(most probably,atleast for the first part) won't have graphical fron-end,it will be a framework .
  • I think final engine should be enough to set up an FPS in a couple of minutes.

A bit about my self:

• I've been programming for 7 years total. I learned very slowly it as "secondary interesting thing" for like 3 years, but then began to script more seriously. 
  • My primary language is C++,which we are going to use for the engine.
  • Yes,I did 3D graphics with physics simulation before.
  • No, my portfolio isn't very impressive. I'm working on that :D
  • No,I wasn't employed officially.

If anybody need to know more PM me. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cozzie
      Hi,
      During the journey of creating my 2nd 3D engine, I'm basing quite some of the approaches on the Game Engine Architecture book (Jason Gregory). I've now arrived on the topic: IO.
      In short, the target platforms for me are PC, XBone and PS4.
      With this main assumption I thought of the following logics/ guidelines to follow:
      - I can assume file/folder structures will work on all 3 platforms, when I use '/' as a folder separator
      -- I will define 1 global with the base folder for the application, the rest will 'inherit' from there
      (which can be anything, independent of the 'mount' or drive)
      -- for now I'll create 1 subfolder with data/files that might need write access, so later on I only have to worry about 1 subfolder (settings, configs etc.).
      - file extensions can be longer than 3 characters (in Linux based FreeBSD on PS4)
      - all class members functions needing to load a file, shouldn't have to now about the file structure of the logical application, so they will all take a full filename string including path
      (combining root + subfolder + filename and separators is then the responsibility of the caller/ calling code)
      - some functions will need to be passed a folder, because contents in that folder need to be read OR I can simply define a small list of defined subfolders (under root/ base), because it won't be more then 5 to 10 folders in total (data/shaders, data/textures, data/objects, data/sound etc.)
      My questions:
      - what do you think about this approach?
      - regarding the last point, which of the 2 options would you apply?
      -- option 2 might work fine but feels a bit 'static', not very flexible (on the other hand, would you actually need flexibility here?)
      Any input is appreciated, as always.
    • By RubenRS
      How do i open an image to use it as Texture2D information without D3DX11CreateShaderResourceViewFromFile? And how it works for different formats like (JPG, PNG, BMP, DDS,  etc.)?
      I have an (512 x 512) image with font letters, also i have the position and texcoord of every letter. The main idea is that i want to obtain the image pixel info, use the position and texcoords to create a new texture with one letter and render it. Or am I wrong in something?
    • By MarcusAseth
      this is super strange...
      I have this function here:
      template<typename TFirst, typename... TArgs> bool util::LogConsole(const TFirst& first, const TArgs&... rest) { std::cout << first << " "; return LogConsole(rest...); } bool util::LogConsole() { std::cout << std::endl; return false; } it's recursive, keep printing "first" and recursively sending the rest, until rest is empty and the overload taking no argument is called, which just print a newline. Ignore the bool return.
      Anyway, now I have this code somewhere else:
      for (auto& E : Entities) { float valx = E->GetPosition().x;//return 751 float valy = E->GetPosition().y;//return 838 LogConsole(valx, valy); } Entities is a vector<unique_ptr<Entity>> which currently only contains the derived from Entity player Paddle, so I access the Base class Entity method called GetPosition, which is the center pivot coordinates of the object.
      I pass the variable to LogConsole which predictably prints:
      But not I try to call LogConsole without those 2 variables inbetween, like this:
      for (auto& E : Entities) { LogConsole(E->GetPosition().x, E->GetPosition().y); } and watch what kind of output I get! :
      ... the y value is an unreasonable value o_o
      How is this even possible?! Since only the second value is being affected, my assumption is that there is some weird interplay with the second template parameter, the variadic argument...but I wasn't able to debug it even stepping trough it line by line...can anyone come with an explanation for this really strange behaviour?
    • By MarcusAseth
      Maybe today I'm confused and I'm missing the obvious...
      I've made this simple struct inside my Utility.h 
      template<typename TFirst, typename TSecond> struct Pair { Pair(TFirst f, TSecond s):First{f},Second{s}{} TFirst First; TSecond Second; }; And I'm using it from App.h (which #include "Utility.h") like so:
      App.h
      Pair<Uint32, Uint32> GetWindowSize(); App.cpp
      Pair<Uint32, Uint32> App::GetWindowSize() { return Pair<Uint32, Uint32>(Width,Height); } And I'm getting a cascade of errors ALL on line 39 (image below).
      Any idea what I am doing wrong this time? x_x

EDIT: please mod delete this topic, I just remembered Utility.h put everything inside namespace util, sorry x_x
    • By noodleBowl
      I've gotten to part in my DirectX 11 project where I need to pass the MVP matrices to my vertex shader. And I'm a little lost when it comes to the use of the constant buffer with the vertex shader
      I understand I need to set up the constant buffer just like any other buffer:
      1. Create a buffer description with the D3D11_BIND_CONSTANT_BUFFER flag 2. Map my matrix data into the constant buffer 3. Use VSSetConstantBuffers to actually use the buffer But I get lost at the VertexShader part, how does my vertex shader know to use this constant buffer when we get to the shader side of things
      In the example I'm following I see they have this as their vertex shader, but I don't understand how the shader knows to use the MatrixBuffer cbuffer. They just use the members directly. What if there was multiple cbuffer declarations like the Microsoft documentation says you could have?
      //Inside vertex shader cbuffer MatrixBuffer { matrix worldMatrix; matrix viewMatrix; matrix projectionMatrix; }; struct VertexInputType { float4 position : POSITION; float4 color : COLOR; }; struct PixelInputType { float4 position : SV_POSITION; float4 color : COLOR; }; PixelInputType ColorVertexShader(VertexInputType input) { PixelInputType output; // Change the position vector to be 4 units for proper matrix calculations. input.position.w = 1.0f; // Calculate the position of the vertex against the world, view, and projection matrices. output.position = mul(input.position, worldMatrix); output.position = mul(output.position, viewMatrix); output.position = mul(output.position, projectionMatrix); // Store the input color for the pixel shader to use. output.color = input.color; return output; }  
  • Popular Now