• Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Popular Now

• Advertisement
  • Similar Content

• By Noparadise
      Hi! I am new here, so if I made some mistakes tell me about it. Also English is not my native language.
      Let’s start. I am part of a young gamedev team. Now we don`t even have a title.
      Shortly about a game. Our project is a T-RPG in the style of a bright noir (the closest example is L.A. Noir), where the story revolves around the misadventures of a private detective and his mixed team of comrades-in-arms. The main rivals are not only gangsters who have entangled the city with criminal networks, but also policemen who disagree fundamentally with the methods of the main characters. But at the beginning we faced with a lack of statistic information.
      So, I want to ask you to tell your opinion about this conception. And, maybe, answer some questions from this Google Form: 
    • By MountainGoblin
      Hi everyone!

Let me represent my first game.

It's mix of arcade and logic (just a little).

Play Market:

Spiteful UFOs seized the hedgehog commune. Four hedgehog fighting commandos will not give them any chance to destroy it.
      Be the fifth member of the team. 
      Destroy alien’s bases!
      Save your friends!
      Use the commandos’ features to seize and destroy aliens’ bases. 
      You won’t be able to clean the commune from hateful aliens without rationality, speed and agility. 
      - 40 fascinating levels in different parts of the world;
      - 8 different locations.
      I'll wait for yours feedback. It's very important for upcomming updates!

• By oranssi
      This is an adult psychedelic fighting game with spirits of the natural elements. 
      Choose your character to represent an anthropomorphic version of the different elements. 
      Earth, fire, air, water and more. There are 28 Archelemental spirits to choose from. 
      Take on challenges to unlock goodies such as NSFW content, new areas and even make 
      your own Archelemental to play and to share it with others.

• By Tape_Worm
      I don't know if it's possible, but it'd be real nice if we could customize our front page portal.  I just noticed the current layout change when I logged in, and I found it quite jarring and busy looking.  I mean, I'll get used to it, so it's no big deal.  But still, it'd be nice if we could define our own layout. Also, you could offer it exclusively to one (or more) of your GDNet+ tiers, thereby incentivizing people to sign up for that feature (I would upgrade my account for this + ad free in a heartbeat).
      To give an example: I really don't need (or want) the sections about contractors, game jobs, image of the day, upcoming events, who's online, etc...  It'd be nice if I could hide these or collapse them in some way.
      I know this would not be trivial to implement, but if ever you get everything done, and you're so totally bored that you need something to do, then this is something you might want to consider? 
    • By Fauton
      We recently launched our first Android indie game: The Cube, which is about adapting the platformer game mechanics to touchscreens.
      The Cube features 12 challenging levels and an endless mode, along with a simple achievements system.

We are constantly looking to update the game and hence, looking for feedback.

Download Link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fauton.thecube

Trailer : https://youtu.be/-TDQP-ZC-sk

Playlist of all Gameplays and Speedruns : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSBJzXMf0Z575qgERDVEuGVosZm4cxjy

What is the best and the worst thing about the game?
  • Advertisement
  • Advertisement

"Sad Robo" My 2nd game and I'm 16

Sad Robo

Direct link to my game hosted on github : https://anicetngrt.github.io/SadRoboGame/
Direct link to the itch.io page for extra infos (and also to help game's visibility) : https://an-devhouse.itch.io/sad-robots-

This is a web browser game, the main issue and requirement at the same time is that you'll need firefox to play it :(
I do not benchmark pc with phaser.js 2d games so I guess if you have 2go of ram and a 1.5hGhz cpu it is fine.

I'm new in this indie game dev world so any kind of feedback is appreciated. Just try to avoid bug report because my game isn't that complex so I know my bugs already.

About my game

My game is a 2d arena shooter multiplayer and singleplayer experience. 2 players or 1 player versus AI fight in an empty level by shooting each others. And then you are like "what ? empty level ? That's boring !". Well, not exactly. There is a lot of original 2d shooter mechanics which turn "sad robo" into an original and demanding game despite it minimalist level design.

Aiming system :

This is the core of the game. Each player, has an aiming cursor, which he can move freely as far as he do not cross red fences which's location changes constantly. Despite the "empty level" he'll have to jump, run, dash to find the right aiming pose and to win.

Artistic choices :

I made everything in this game except music* because I am so bad at this :) . The idea was to show how much pointless fights are. For that, I decided to choose maximum contrasty between game visuals and game context. Here are some exemples :
- colourfull game / combat theme
- happy and kawaï robots/ robots fighting to death
- family friendly world/ hard rock ost

*game music by Stone McKnuckle :

Others things to talk about :

The game still have update ! It has been released 3 days ago and I updated it 5 times already ! This will not always be like this because of studies but it will still be updated !
Also there is a work in progress roadmap on the Itch.io page so don't forget to check it out !
If you like my game, and you want to give support, please share it to your friends. And let the sad robots spread into the entire wolrd niark niark.
Edited by Anicet