Getting Real Instruments?

Started by
12 comments, last by nihitori 6 years, 6 months ago

I'm developing a game, but how will I afford real instruments, like a contrabassoon,bass clarinet,brass,woodwinds,strings,drums,etc?

Sign, Cyndanera

Advertisement

Yes, hiring an orchestra is expensive. Why do you think you have to do that? I mean, raising money for anything related to development is doable, but not easy. Why not go with a less expensive option, if money is a problem?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

The less expensive options are usually:

1. buy or hire 'virtual' instruments, such as the Composer Cloud;
  2. hire a musician who will handle making the music for you

Consider using only a few real instruments and leave the rest in the hands of a composer who can create convincing mock ups. You'll be amazed at how just having one live instrument can enhance a recording. 

Also consider Fiverr. Lots of musicians, myself included, offer our services up there for affordable rates. 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

A good option is to go to the nearest music school. Normally the music schools of any town (even small town) or city, have a small local orchestra. You could ask them and they sure could do you a favor.

:] 

On 8/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, G Leoni said:

A good option is to go to the nearest music school.

That's a good idea. Sometimes you can find people in local church orchestras too (if you can stomach that crowd), that will take an interest just because they think your project is cool. 

This is my placeholder signature

Nowadays with virtual instruments you can do something pretty realistic. Hire someone that does music with those virtual instruments and he/she will make it custom-made.

If you have more budget and you really see the difference between virtual recreation and live recording, go for it!

On 23-8-2017 at 5:48 AM, Cyndanera said:

I'm developing a game, but how will I afford real instruments, like a contrabassoon,bass clarinet,brass,woodwinds,strings,drums,etc?

Just get some Korg Triton or Trinity or whatever, contains most sounds.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

10 minutes ago, the incredible smoker said:

Just get some Korg Triton or Trinity or whatever, contains most sounds.

@the incredible smoker, no disrespect if this is your keyboard of choice. I wouldn't recommend attempting to use one of these for game audio if the OP was asking about realism. I guess I'd like to offer a differing opinion, rather than a criticism of your suggestion here...If someone is wanting to go the Korg workstation route, the Kronos and M3 are far better choices than a Trinity or Triton because of the size of the sample bank, open architecture, and implementation of extended instrument articulations.

Even at the $400 price point for which you could acquire a Trinity or Triton, I feel an expansion pack from EastWest, Vienna, Motu, or Native Instruments if a far better buy IF the op wants to go that route. Great thoughts though!

This is my placeholder signature

Ah, your right, that is what i meaned.

i,m not in the market for these machines anymore, i dont follow prices with newer gears, since i make more 90`s sound music.

thank you for saying good info.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement