where could I find no copyrighted music for my video game

Started by
12 comments, last by BlackMagicWolf 6 years, 5 months ago

Hello guys , I have been working on video games for mobile Android and I will be done next month probably .. so is there place where I could find music for my game ? I am no music composer and is there any advices you do have for me about the legal and law and copyrights .. the game is nothing fancy I just did develop it with unity personal edition and built few assets with 3dsmax students free edition since I am student so will I face any problems if I did publish game with that 3dsmax edition  ? 

Advertisement
Just now, Youssef said:

is there any advices you do have for me about the legal and law and copyrights

My advice is you don't take legal advice from random people online, and talk to an actual lawyer.

When it comes to music for games, this link seems to have some good answers:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/7743/where-can-i-find-music-or-sound-effects-for-my-gam.html

Hello to all my stalkers.

There are many sources online that offer royalty-free music.  Some charge a nominal amount for use, others are offered at no cost.  Just use "royalty free music" as the start of your search.

However, you are still on your own to ensure the audio is properly licensed. Some music is limited to specific uses, such as web-use only, and others explicitly list that they cannot be used in games. Occasionally unscrupulous people will post audio they have no rights to. Better sites do a good job of screening them out, but ultimately the responsibility is your own.  Be sure to read the license carefully, and keep a copy of the license and records of the location you got the files from.

Go to soundcloud, look for music you like, then send them a messge if you can download it for your game.

Try a few, i bet they will be happy if you use it.

S T O P C R I M E !

Visual Pro 2005 C++ DX9 Cubase VST 3.70 Working on : LevelContainer class & LevelEditor

On 8/25/2017 at 11:54 PM, Lactose said:

My advice is you don't take legal advice from random people online, and talk to an actual lawyer.

When it comes to music for games, this link seems to have some good answers:

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/7743/where-can-i-find-music-or-sound-effects-for-my-gam.html

There's some very good music there, but unfortunately there is no flac, as far as I can see.

I'm so used to minimum 900Kbps flac that it's really hard to go back to mp3. The difference in sound quality/immersion is quite drastic, even if you do not own audiophile-grade headphones, which I do.

Since you are a student yourself, why don't you contact a music student to see if they are interested? That way you both will learn? There are no shortage of students who would love to work with you. I'd definitely start with wherever it is you're going to school.

The advice on "about the legal and law and copyrights" i'd give is actually goes for anything you put into your game that you didn't personally create: you need official, legal permission (called a 'license') to use anything you didn't create from the person/company who created it. That permission should be in writing.

Good luck!

Brian Schmidt

Executive Director, GameSoundCon:

GameSoundCon 2016:September 27-28, Los Angeles, CA

Founder, Brian Schmidt Studios, LLC

Music Composition & Sound Design

Audio Technology Consultant

audiojungle is a good place to purchase music.

incomptech is usually free when you give them credit.

14 minutes ago, FGL_Rozek said:

audiojungle is a good place to purchase music.

incomptech is usually free when you give them credit.

What about flac?

seems like flac would eat up a lot of valuable memory but I am not a programmer.  cant say for sure.

good luck!

banner.png

On 8/31/2017 at 8:38 AM, bschmidt1962 said:

if you posted to the "music" forum here, your inbox would likely be flooded.

Except we don't allow collaborator-seeking in any of the discussion forums. Use the Hobby Project Classifieds, not the music/sound forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement