Sign In Now

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By Innoc uous
      I'm working on a space game, and I suck at art. I would love to get some help from someone who is more skilled than me. Things I need include modular space ship parts and GUI elements. Nothing too fancy, just functional so I can get a prototype put together. This could potentially become a serious project, but for now this is just a hobby project.

In this video, you can see a few things I already completed
      :2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv
    • By Innoc uous
      If you want to incorporate noise into your shaders, the Turbulance Library has you covered. Using code I gathered from this library, I made a cginc file that contains all you need to easily implement noise into your unity shaders. Who knows how this stuff works, but man, does it work well!

https://pastebin.com/LLCUpJut

Here is an example of what you can create using these noise functions.

• By Nio Martinez
      I'll be buying a new laptop as my workstation for building games, Mostly 3D but not hard core. 

I'm stuck at choosing between these 2 specs below. Does this really matter and if so, can some one tell my how and why it matters. 
      Choice1:
      Intel core i5-8250U (8th gen Kabylake refresh)(6 MB Smart Cache, 1.6 GHz Base with Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz) 4 cores 8 threads
      RAM 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
      GPU 2 GB DDR5 Nvidia MX150 256 bit
      SSD: yes
      Choice2:
      Intel core i7-7500U 2.70GHz Base Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz Boost) 2 Cores, 4 Threads
      RAM 4 GB DDR4 (1800 MHz)
      GPU 2 GB DDR5 Nvidia GeForce 940MX 256 bit
      SSD: No

• By sergio2k18
      Hi all
      this is my first post on this forum.
      First of all i want to say you that i've searched many posts on this forum about this specific argument, without success, so i write another one....
      Im a beginner.
      I want use GPU geometry clipmaps algorithm to visualize virtual inifinte terrains. 
      I already tried to use vertex texture fetch with a single sampler2D with success.

Readed many papers about the argument and all speak about the fact that EVERY level of a geometry clipmap, has its own texture. What means this exactly? i have to 
      upload on graphic card a sampler2DArray?
      With a single sampler2D is conceptually simple. Creating a vbo and ibo on cpu (the vbo contains only the positions on X-Z plane, not the heights)
      and upload on GPU the texture containing the elevations. In vertex shader i sample, for every vertex, the relative height to te uv coordinate.
      But i can't imagine how can i reproduce various 2d footprint for every level of the clipmap. The only way i can imagine is follow:
      Upload the finer texture on GPU (entire heightmap). Create on CPU, and for each level of clipmap, the 2D footprints of entire clipmap.
      So in CPU i create all clipmap levels in terms of X-Z plane. In vertex shader sampling these values is simple using vertex texture fetch.
      So, how can i to sample a sampler2DArray in vertex shader, instead of upload a sampler2D of entire clipmap?

Sorry for my VERY bad english, i hope i have been clear.

• By mangine
      Hello. I am developing a civ 6 clone set in space and I have a few issues. I am using Lua for the logic and UI of the game and c++ directx 12 for the graphics. I need a way to send information between Lua and c++ occasionally and was wondering what is the best and most flexible (and hopefully fast) way to do this. Don't forget that I also need to send things from c++ back to Lua. I know of a lua extension called "LuaBridge" on github but it is a little old and I am worried that it will not work with directx 12. Has anybody done something similar and knows a good method of sending data back and forth? I am aware that Lua is used more and more in the industry and surely plenty of AAA game programmers know the answer to this. I want a good solution that will hopefully still be viable code in a couple of years...
  • Advertisement