• Advertisement
MarcusAseth

Unreal BP - Mesh rotation problem

Was trying to replicate my .cpp code that opens a door when a player stands on a trigger volume, but this time using Blueprint, and I'm having some problems, image below

RotationSpeed is 50 and is multiplied by DeltaTime, and yet when I stand on the Box volume, the door start spinning like crazy so fast that it blurs out into multiple door after-images...

Obviously I am doing some mistake here, can you see it? :)

eknLXSA.png

UoTXnRg.png

Advertisement

At a guess (I'm not super-experienced with Blueprint stuff), it looks like you're setting relative rotation. I.e. rotation speed which persists.

This would keep on adding to the rotation every time the Blueprint executes. I would suggest trying to set the absolute rotation.

Nice catch, Thanks, I let the autocomplete help me and I missed that :P

The right node is called "SetWorldRotation" (or ofc passing a proper relative rotation)

Edited by MarcusAseth

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!